The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello I'm YoungnBroke

YoungnBroke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 21, 2018
Hello I'm YoungnBroke my name is programm, sadly.
I'm 15 years old from Austria and reading TMF (currently reading Chapter 40).
As I am in school full-time I don't have to much time to trade time for money because my education eats up 50 hours a week for no revenue than a piece of paper at the end of the year.
Seriously I don't earn a lot of money I sell some sneakers and make 40 bucks a month from that and sometimes I distribute flyers and earn 10 bucks an hour from this.
I saved up 200$ which sounds like a joke, but my family is not that rich because my parents are walking on the sideway, sadly. I want to change that, but I really don't know how.
Sorry for my English I started learning English 5 years ago.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
Start thinking of a marketable skill.

School does nothing to help you because all it is is lead gen for university. After you can read & write, it just teaches you useless fluff. Basically at your age it's peak useless.

I got the same "piece of paper" line from know-it-alls too. Treating it like it's some kind of magic ticket to a good life. Turned out that was an abject lie from people I thought meant well, but now realized had no id. No-one who actually mattered really cared less that I had it, and plenty of other guys did just as well without it. And it was on the opposite end of the spectrum to a "liberal arts" piece of paper too. Be very careful what those older than you say. 95% of them either have no idea what they are talking about, are apathetic, are negligent, or even malicious, regardless of how they present themselves and how wise or helpful they pretend they are being.

In fact some guys did much better without the piece of paper, because they spent those years doing what mattered. One guy just started a real estate agency (completely unrelated to his original field of study) and you could tell by his epic grin and his car how well he was doing.

All that matters is having a specific, in-demand, marketable, extensible, difficult-to-attain skill, and ideally one that's aligned somewhat with your aptitude so it's easier to get ahead in it. That's all that matters.

Then you can get money in at high rates, which you can then invest and snowball and extend into business.

SoftStone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 15, 2018
Germany
Start thinking of a marketable skill.

School does nothing to help you because all it is is lead gen for university. After you can read & write, it just teaches you useless fluff. Basically at your age it's peak useless.

I got the same "piece of paper" line from know-it-alls too. Treating it like it's some kind of magic ticket to a good life. Turned out that was an abject lie from people I thought meant well, but now realized had no id. No-one who actually mattered really cared less that I had it, and plenty of other guys did just as well without it. And it was on the opposite end of the spectrum to a "liberal arts" piece of paper too. Be very careful what those older than you say. 95% of them either have no idea what they are talking about, are apathetic, are negligent, or even malicious, regardless of how they present themselves and how wise or helpful they pretend they are being.

In fact some guys did much better without the piece of paper, because they spent those years doing what mattered. One guy just started a real estate agency (completely unrelated to his original field of study) and you could tell by his epic grin and his car how well he was doing.

All that matters is having a specific, in-demand, marketable, extensible, difficult-to-attain skill, and ideally one that's aligned somewhat with your aptitude so it's easier to get ahead in it. That's all that matters.

Then you can get money in at high rates, which you can then invest and snowball and extend into business.

True. I‘m still in the same shoes (for one more year) and the only thing my school is trying to do is get me to sign up for university.

Learning programming on my own combined with entrepreneurial efforts will pay larger dividents down the road.

I‘d encourage you to try to think about a skill you‘d like to develop and go for it. Skills are versatile in the sense that they can be applied in many contexts, not only in a 9-5 (most times).

Also, most guys and girls of our age get drunk every second night, so don‘t beat yourself up for being broke at 15 ;)

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
on my own
This part I'd disagree with a bit. The power of a mentor (not a teacher) can be immense. You can make 10x the rate of progress than on your own.

This was the form of the old system (guilds) that preceded the school regime. Masters and apprentices. The immediate, real time, in-context "that's shit, do it again like this" beats the pants off a book or a blog any day.

This is why the solution to a dysfunctional system (the school regime) is seldom doing things a "new way". Reverting to an older way is often the best solution because it's tried and tested.

The modern equivalent would be eagerly working for someone at a discounted rate purely for their abilities. I.e. a quasi-apprentice. E.g. finding someone who bills at $200/hour, buttering them up, and then offering to work for them at $20/hour.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SoftStone

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 15, 2018
Germany
This part I'd disagree with a bit. The power of a mentor (not a teacher) can be immense. You can make 10x the rate of progress than on your own.

This was the form of the old system (guilds) that preceded the school regime. Masters and apprentices. The immediate, real time, in-context "that's sh*t, do it again like this" beats the pants off a book or a blog any day.

This is why the solution to a dysfunctional system (the school regime) is seldom doing things a "new way". Reverting to an older way is often the best solution because it's tried and tested.

The modern equivalent would be eagerly working for someone at a discounted rate purely for their abilities. I.e. a quasi-apprentice. E.g. finding someone who bills at $200/hour, buttering them up, and then offering to work for them at $20/hour.

I see where you‘re coming from. But I think that books, conferences, videos, courses, whatever, can be equally powerful. You just have to take the extra step of applying the lessons yourself on your own stuff.

Also, people are very willing to help you and critisize your, in my case, code and approach to solving a problem. But I don‘t know how its different for other niches.

But yes, I can see how a 1 on 1 mentor can be really beneficial. If you have some extra cash left over, you could try an online platform for finding one if you want to try it out. Or if you offer some kind of value to one, like I remember MJ saying, you may even convince someone to do it for free.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...