The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Slowlaneville!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Hello like-minded people,

I just read TMF and I will soon start reading Unscripted . TMF was hands-down the best book I have ever read. It cleared all of the doubts in my mind about pursuing entrepreneurship that I had before reading the book. @MJ DeMarco, thank you so much for all of the information you give out for basically no cost.

My background: I am 15 years old and I have lived in a small town in north Alabama my whole life. You could say my parents are "well off", however, they are still constantly running their business that is not separated from Time. By no means are they entrepreneurs though; they got to their position by taking the traditional slowlane route and falling into ownership. That means that they, like everyone else in my town, constantly preach to me the slowlane mentality.

If everyone in my area is slowlane, then how did I become a fastlaner? Well, I am a knowledge-seeking person, so unlike my peers I have taken advantage of the internet and used it to solve every problem I have faced in life. My curiosity eventually led me to realize that the school system is BS (at least for me), so naturally I looked for another solution, and here I am.

Things I've done: I put 7 months of work into an Amazon affiliate site and learned tons of brand new internet concepts that will help me with future ventures. The affiliate site is not making much progress despite my efforts and I have decided to drop it because it does not follow C, N, and maybe E of CENTS. Besides that, I have not done anything else entrepreneurial besides reading a ton of stuff.

So here's my problem: I was looking to start a local biz (ex. carpet cleaning) when I realized that I am still 15 and I won't be able to drive for another 7 months. This Summer I'm going to have a ton of free time and I want to take action that will get me out of the rat race, whether the rat race is school or eventually a job. How do I free myself from the Scripted life as soon as possible? Don't tell me to "enjoy my teenage years" or something because I prefer lifelong freedom over temporary freedom.

Wishing you guys the best.
Thanks,
Will

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jbat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 25, 2017
Massachusetts

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
Welcome Will. There's a bunch of success stories on this forum. Check out the gold and notable threads for some ideas.
This notable post discusses a hypothetical for a 17 year old student NOTABLE! - $3,000 to $1,000,000 in 15 months: HOW TO DO IT
This is probably a good place to start:

IMPORTANT! - Getting the MOST out of Fastlane (Required Read)

If you don't mind sharing, what niche were you trying to make an affiliate page for and what made you choose it?
Thank you for the link. I was in the birding niche, I decided to make an affiliate site because I was chasing money and wasn't considering things like CENTS or other TMF concepts because I had not read TMF or any of MJ's stuff yet.

WestCoast

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Jan 20, 2008
Rhode Island for now.
Will-

I really liked your post. You come off as eager to learn, and wild eyed, but you're not talking huge plans right now. You're trying to build a foundation of experience and understanding.

So, honestly, kudos to you. You've got the right approach thus far.

--
In my experience, I also learned a lot later in life, that I don't need to talk to *everyone* about my dreams and ideas and ways of living. A lot of people who love me and care about me, don't want to hear it. It just frustrates them all and annoys me when they don't listen. So I stopped. I live my life, but I try to live it in a way that blends in with family and friends and doesn't offend them if they are just doing the normal stuff.

Anyway, my point is, you are already taking action. Even if it doesn't go anywhere in the first 5 attempts, I could keep going. You'll find better tools as you go along.

Congrats on getting started, and realizing the truth :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...