The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have you talked to your friends about TMF?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'll tell people if they give a hint they are *already* interested, otherwise I don't mention it.

Sometimes I might direct people to specific posts on the forum if it answers a question they have. I don't know if any signed up after that.

"Help the people in motion."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
They continue with their slowlane mindset. And that bothers me.

another example that i should think i should write in here:

one of my closest friends was living with her husband, their toddler and their dog. the husband is working 2 different jobs and her family are also helping with money a lot to support them. she is a committed breastfeeding mother. i applause her for that.
they were living in a rental appartment.
they as of yesterday moved to an appartment up top of her fathers home and her mothers business(a local restaurant).
they will pay no rent for that.

the thing that hit me.
she facebooked the new begining with a photo of a mug with coffee that says "let life suprise you" and on top her comment: "good morning and good life!"
all of her facebook friends liked her post and say at their comments: good start in your new house etc
nothing else will change.only the cutting of the rent expense. they have no plan for the future. no plan for nothing. watching tv ,gossiping and being oversocialized on fb is their thing. oh wait they recently found out what instagram is...don't get me wrong but i enjoy haning out with them.
these people are really close to me. i have tried several times to make them see the reality about things but they won't accept it.
i even suggested to her husband to be my partner in the ventures i start without him having to put any money, just his time with me and cut the profit in half.he declined several times.

what am i going to do? wish them luck on their new begining to nowhere?
i love them and i wish them the best. going to a house that will save them 400 euros a month is great, but how the hell am i going to be happy when i know they drive to nowhere???

p.s. this forum and this book made me look things from a really new angle. more clear. thanks! but i have to struggle with my old self a lot!

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've told countless people. Given away all my copies of TMF with a personal note in them.

None, absolutely none told me they read it, none joined FLF, and they are still doing exactly what they were before.

I guess TMF is something you have to want to find.

Same here. I won't share it with just anyone, but I've shared it with people that have some kind of entrepreneurial hint or wish, hoping it will spark a flame. None of them have come back to tell me they've read it. That's A-OK with me. It's their lives not mine, after all. But I won't try to spark any more interest after that.

Last edited:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I've told countless people. Given away all my copies of TMF with a personal note in them.

None, absolutely none told me they read it, none joined FLF, and they are still doing exactly what they were before.

I guess TMF is something you have to want to find.
Haha! The Wife and have done the same thing! Family (who have SEEN the changes), friends, acquaintances, hell even patients who have the will and the means to change their lives... No one has changed or improved their circumstances.

Not one. Single. Person.

So now we just keep quiet and keep on keeping on.

The longer that I'm around here, the more @SteveO-like my philosophy and approach to life becomes.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
another example that i should think i should write in here:

one of my closest friends was living with her husband, their toddler and their dog. the husband is working 2 different jobs and her family are also helping with money a lot to support them. she is a committed breastfeeding mother. i applause her for that.
they were living in a rental appartment.
they as of yesterday moved to an appartment up top of her fathers home and her mothers business(a local restaurant).
they will pay no rent for that.

the thing that hit me.
she facebooked the new begining with a photo of a mug with coffee that says "let life suprise you" and on top her comment: "good morning and good life!"
all of her facebook friends liked her post and say at their comments: good start in your new house etc
nothing else will change.only the cutting of the rent expense. they have no plan for the future. no plan for nothing. watching tv ,gossiping and being oversocialized on fb is their thing. oh wait they recently found out what instagram is...don't get me wrong but i enjoy haning out with them.
these people are really close to me. i have tried several times to make them see the reality about things but they won't accept it.
i even suggested to her husband to be my partner in the ventures i start without him having to put any money, just his time with me and cut the profit in half.he declined several times.

what am i going to do? wish them luck on their new begining to nowhere?
i love them and i wish them the best. going to a house that will save them 400 euros a month is great, but how the hell am i going to be happy when i know they drive to nowhere???

p.s. this forum and this book made me look things from a really new angle. more clear. thanks! but i have to struggle with my old self a lot!

Don't you love those facebook posts. Whenever I do go in and check how my family is doing someone else in my feed will be bragging about their nothingness. They need so much approval and attention, the fake feeling that their lives are meaningful and purposeful, to feel like a celebrity, yet they have no ambitions or desire to do anything greater than themselves... I can't help but getting judgemental, but I just go on, try to remind myself everybody's view of life is their own, it's valid after all. What matters is whether I'm reaching MY goals and the rest is noise.

Sometimes I'm weak and I throw a like out of pity like

28hlutd.jpg
lol

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Go to the Fast Lane Summit in February in Scottsdale, and you'll find 100 new friends.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Go to the Fast Lane Summit in February in Scottsdale, and you'll find 100 new friends.
Can we be friends over dinner in HK?

:cigar:

I may have to tell the family x-mas is off and the next U.S trip is put on hold until Feb.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Can we be friends over dinner in HK?

:cigar:

I may have to tell the family x-mas is off and the next U.S trip is put on hold until Feb.

Might come for the electronics fair in October.

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I told my friends about it, and it didn't really change anything at first but they are NOW slowly listening to what I'm saying b/c they are seeing the small wins happening for me

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I told my friends about it, and it didn't really change anything at first but they are NOW slowly listening to what I'm saying b/c they are seeing the small wins happening for me

How does the phrase go... example is the best teacher or something.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
How does the phrase go... example is the best teacher or something.

The phrase goes like this. You should have come to the meetup last year. You better come to the meetup this year.

That's the phrase.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Guys, I really appreciate all the shares and recommendations of TMF. However, at the end of the day, the best TMF recommendation is your visible success and freedom.

That's when suddenly you're no longer recommending a book based on rah-rah and motivational platitudes, you're recommending a conduit to a life change that has become visibly tangible.

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
I remember a couple of months ago, before I'd read TMF I told a few of my friends of an idea I had and asked them if they'd be interested in coming in on it with me. They looked at me like I was insane. These are all smart guys and while they are always moaning about their jobs, the idea of working for themselves is completely alien to them. While I was attending entrepreneur workshops and figuring out my business model they thought this was hilarious and took the piss.

Also I live in a very anti-business, anti-wealth, anti-everything country, so if I recommended a book called "The Millionaire Fastlane ", i'd sooner get strung up than thanked.

Thought I was going crazy until I found this forum and realised not everyone thinks like my "friends" and colleagues.

In the future if someone asks me for advice, I might recommend them to the forum, or just reply "I guess I got lucky". Haha.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Told one of my best friends about it, now I have second thoughts about telling this book to others, so I won't look like I am crazy next time again.
The majority of people, even the really smart ones that had overcame a lot of their life to get to where they are, are not looking to get out of their comfortable lives right now, EVEN THOUGH THEY KNOW THE GOOD OLD DAYS WILL PASS IN THE FUTURE!

Fatrys

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Jul 5, 2016
Paris, France
I remember a couple of months ago, before I'd read TMF I told a few of my friends of an idea I had and asked them if they'd be interested in coming in on it with me. They looked at me like I was insane. These are all smart guys and while they are always moaning about their jobs, the idea of working for themselves is completely alien to them. While I was attending entrepreneur workshops and figuring out my business model they thought this was hilarious and took the piss.

Also I live in a very anti-business, anti-wealth, anti-everything country, so if I recommended a book called "The Millionaire Fastlane ", i'd sooner get strung up than thanked.

Thought I was going crazy until I found this forum and realised not everyone thinks like my "friends" and colleagues.

In the future if someone asks me for advice, I might recommend them to the forum, or just reply "I guess I got lucky". Haha.

Are you living in this (still great) country that is France?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Before I give away a free book, I ask the stranger a question that I know will determine if I am wasting my book, or putting it into the hands of someone capable of having a chance. The question varies by person, but for the most part they look like this …

MJ: “Do you do a lot of reading?"
Stranger: Naww, I don’t have time.
Translation:
I finished learning and my skillset will be rotting for the next 40 years. No book for you!

MJ: “What was the last book you read and when?”
Stranger:
To Kill a Mockingbird in High School.
Translation: I finished learning and my skillset will be rotting for the next 40 years. No book for you!

MJ: “What is your favorite book?”
Stranger: “I really don’t have one”
Translation: I finished learning and my skillset will be rotting for the next 40 years.
No book for you!

Surprisingly, these questions are met with answers that expose why most people will never escape the rat race. They don’t read and they’re done learning.

Giving them my book, FREE, would be a waste of paper and resources as it will just land on some dusty shelf with some stupid Cubs hat.

http://www.fastlaneentrepreneurs.com/2011/soup-nazi-exposes-why-most-never-get-rich/

Last edited:

nichiseven

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 1, 2016
No, because I'm not yet a Fastlaner. That's like an obese person telling a fellow fatty about their great new diet cookbook. I'd prefer to wait until I'm able to prove the process works before I begin expounding the principles of it.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Told anyone who'd listen about the book and the forum.

Noone read it... well 1 guy did get the audio book and was listening to it, success!?

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
Are you living in this (still great) country that is France?

Probably on par with France. Scotland. I've attached an interesting study measuring the rate of new business owner/managers as a proportion of the adult population. Perhaps not a perfect measure of entrepreneurship, but interesting none the less.

Attachments

• TEA Rates.JPG
    TEA Rates.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 10

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The phrase goes like this. You should have come to the meetup last year. You better come to the meetup this year.

That's the phrase.

I'm trying so hard to make something stick so I can go!

201ab192224dc8573755062a74c600c0.jpg

P.S. Been listening to your podcast on my commutes! <3

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I'll tell people if they give a hint they are *already* interested, otherwise I don't mention it.

Sometimes I might direct people to specific posts on the forum if it answers a question they have. I don't know if any signed up after that.

"Help the people in motion."

Yup, the only person who ever read it was my sister, who read it in less than 24 hours. She was already on the path, having read different investments books, some basic business books. Others, never touched it as far as I know.

Hac

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 2, 2016
No, I don't think im entitled to preach about a book i've yet to put in practice and SUCCESSFULLY, at that. But i will WHEN I am successful =)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.