The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

hate school after reading unscripted

Anything related to matters of the mind

go giver

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
May 18, 2018
school just reopened today but it feels like a waste of my time.
I don't know why I feel like this. I hate every minute in my school.

after reading TMF and unscripted it feels like the education system is completely wrong.
it looks like it is the perfect guide to slowlane.

the worst thing is that u don't have the energy to work on your business after school and tuition class. how do u guys do it? how do guys stay motivated to work on your business after
long hours of school/office work

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

El Príncipe

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 1, 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
After reading TMF I've had a little lapse in my motivation for work. That's to be expected. So I can relate. But I also realized that work can be a means to my end.

What are the good things of being in school that you can turn to your advantage? How can you use being in school to address a need and get a financial compensation in return?

A school is a very potent market place.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
after reading TMF and unscripted it feels like the education system is completely wrong.

the worst thing is that u don't have the energy to work on your business after school and tuition class. how do u guys do it? how do guys stay motivated to work on your business after
The perception of education is what you make it. I hated high school. Loved and hated college. I see it as my foundation of education. I agree the system needs revamped, but at the present you have to deal with the system in front of you and use it to your advantage. There are lots of things I have educated myself on, and I don't necessarily enjoy. I force myself to do it, because it's part of the process. It's kind of like standing in front of the car. You can either learn how to change a tire or wait for road side service. You can learn to change your own oil or have someone change the oil for you. Just depends on what you want to learn yourself in life, and what you want to allow others to for you. And still even if other people do stuff for you, you still should have some knowledge how things are done, or they could just tell you anything you want to hear and do whatever they want.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
school just reopened today but it feels like a waste of my time.
I don't know why I feel like this. I hate every minute in my school.

FINISH SCHOOL

Now more than ever, I don't know that simply reading TMF and Unscripted are the exact prerequisites to just diving headfirst into principled entrepreneurship. Most need to examine whether they are willing to think big enough and take enough sacrifice to make it.

Some people just don't have what it takes. It is a lonely road, but if you believe you can deal with the inevitable YEARS of sacrifice, then go after it with everything you have. AND by "IT" I don't mean freelancing of any kind or an FBA store.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
I remember a guy who left school at 15 (legal earliest in my city at the time) to become a professional gardener, because he liked it.

At the time, I snickered, thinking he was dumb or was going to be a failure in life. Now I know differently. He was the smartest out of all of us. By the time we got out of university and started to make money, he'd have been in business for 8 years.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016
FINISH SCHOOL

Now more than ever, I don't know that simply reading TMF and Unscripted are the exact prerequisites to just diving headfirst into principled entrepreneurship. Most need to examine whether they are willing to think big enough and take enough sacrifice to make it.

Some people just don't have what it takes. It is a lonely road, but if you believe you can deal with the inevitable YEARS of sacrifice, then go after it with everything you have. AND by "IT" I don't mean freelancing of any kind or an FBA store.
This might be a stupid question but when you talk about sacrifice, what exactly is it you're willing to sacrifice?

Is it time away from other things you could be doing?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
what exactly is it you're willing to sacrifice?

Partying, drinking with friends, playing video games, watching Season 5 of Breaking Bad, or whatever is culturally "du jour" at the moment.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Partying, drinking with friends, playing video games, watching Season 5 of Breaking Bad, or whatever is culturally "du jour" at the moment.
Absolutely!

As well as an income you could have gotten from a job... Even if it would be higher than your current situation.

Leaders eat last.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Sacrifice...

Your time. Once you start this journey you stop thinking about trading time for money. They are completely disconnected and they have to be.

I am going to steal a "True Story" here. I have been working on something right now for just about a year. The seeds for this started WAY before that, but not a lot of effort (unfortunately) was put in to it until this recent time period. I have driven thousands of km's. Flown to different countries. Racked up phone bills making international calls. Purchased meals for people. Purchased nice clothes that fit the situation while traveling and having impromptu meetings. I probably should keep track of all this expense, but I have been bad at it.

I have put in TONS of hours communicating, editing documents, sending emails, searching things online, brainstorming... just overall a lot of time.

Want to know my $ payoff into my pocket so far? $0

With my massive $0 in my pocket on this one venture, know what I am going to keep doing? Working my a$$ off. Making shit happen. Once this happens, time for money becomes an absolute joke.

That is why this is lonely and hard. Try telling ANYONE in your life that you are working and getting no money back. Try telling them about the deals your are putting together. Just about the second your mouth opens, their eyes will look away and they will glaze over. People don't give a shit. They don't want the fight. You have to do it on your own, and its HARD to keep going.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
With my massive $0 in my pocket on this one venture, know what I am going to keep doing? Working my a$$ off. Making sh*t happen. Once this happens, time for money becomes an absolute joke.
Amen, I couldn't say it better.

Ayanle Farah

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 13, 2016

Absolutely!

As well as an income you could have gotten from a job... Even if it would be higher than your current situation.

Leaders eat last.

Sacrifice...

Your time. Once you start this journey you stop thinking about trading time for money. They are completely disconnected and they have to be.

I am going to steal a "True Story" here. I have been working on something right now for just about a year. The seeds for this started WAY before that, but not a lot of effort (unfortunately) was put in to it until this recent time period. I have driven thousands of km's. Flown to different countries. Racked up phone bills making international calls. Purchased meals for people. Purchased nice clothes that fit the situation while traveling and having impromptu meetings. I probably should keep track of all this expense, but I have been bad at it.

I have put in TONS of hours communicating, editing documents, sending emails, searching things online, brainstorming... just overall a lot of time.

Want to know my $ payoff into my pocket so far? $0

With my massive $0 in my pocket on this one venture, know what I am going to keep doing? Working my a$$ off. Making sh*t happen. Once this happens, time for money becomes an absolute joke.

That is why this is lonely and hard. Try telling ANYONE in your life that you are working and getting no money back. Try telling them about the deals your are putting together. Just about the second your mouth opens, their eyes will look away and they will glaze over. People don't give a sh*t. They don't want the fight. You have to do it on your own, and its HARD to keep going.
Amazing responses, this is really inspiring.

Thank you all.

Last edited:
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

In other words, Comfort.

Anything that will give you a little comfort today,
and a LOT of discomfort in the future.

NateKruse

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Jan 13, 2018
Jacksonville, North Carolina
how do u guys do it? how do guys stay motivated to work on your business after

This was just posted in another thread.

Good luck! Not that you asked, but I used to face a similar challenge. I worked all day, came home to the family, and was beat in the evening with no creative juice left.

So I flipped my entire day.

I started getting-up early - like 4:30. I walk the dog, get in a work-out, and then put in a solid 90 minutes of work before anyone is awake. I'm most rested and creative first thing - nothing else has sapped my energy.

I'm just as beat at the end of the day, but instead of worrying about my hustle I just call it a night and prepare for the next day.

Also, losing weight and eating better has made a HUGE energy difference. Maybe that's not your problem, but just a thought.

Again, best of luck!

-PM

I wake up at 0400 and take care of important but not urgent tasks (Quadrant II tasks from Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.) I make personal business phone calls and follow up on emails during my work breaks (and occasionally as I receive them)

Taking care of those things in the morning sets my day up for success and frees up some time in the evenings where I might be able to get some business work done before going to bed before 2200.

I’ll probably push my work start time from 0630 to 0800 to get more quality personal business time every day. My work can get the leftovers of my energy.

Last edited:

El Príncipe

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 1, 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
socialize, know about the needs and wants of students

thank you
Exactly! Moreover, a school is a very powerful network. If you get a product or service of high quality to some of your peers, guess what's gonna happen, they're gonna talk about it, raising demand.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I used to think of it that way as well.
Now, I think rather differently. School still provides a basic education on the sciences, arts and languages.
But yes, its basic.

Eventually, when you have to self-learn stuff like copywriting and programming, you need some preliminary skills such as logical analysis and writing. Without school, you wouldn't know where to start and how to filter out the wealth of self-education resources available in the library or in the internet.

And remember that school trains up employees, which will come in handy later on when the business gets too big for you to handle on your own.

Eventually you will have to trade-off.

You won't be scoring like a A-grade genius at tests, but at most, we should go for at least a pass. Don't flunk out.

Avoid study practices that are very time and energy consuming.
For instance, I never make my own notes. I just buy them from seniors or scour student forums.
I look at female students who have brightly highlights notes and elegant handwriting, and I groan.
It is as if they place their entire lives on the academic notes!

On doing past year papers, you don't have to do all of them.
Do some, and for the others, just read the answer scripts and their explanations. Just know what's what.

On usage of materials, I think it would be better to be 10% notes, 90% practice exams. Focus more on doing, failing, rather than showing dirt up your head.

On additional tuition classes, DON'T GO for tuitions for ALL subjects. Go for the ones for weak subjects. I myself went for tuition classes for Malay (national language of my country) and Additional Mathematics. Just go for the extra practices. Don't go for the sake of going.

Having less tuition classes during my high school days was a blessing. I wasn't into Fastlane then, but I did have time to write and play music. For my tuition ridden peers, it wasn't the case.

I suppose my motivation comes from the fact that I understand that fighting dwindling energy and time for study is just about the same as business, given that we have to manage limited resources of time and energy. Problem solving, to be exact. Both seem like different worlds, but in reality, it feels somewhat the same to me.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Flown to different countries. Racked up phone bills making international calls. Purchased meals for people. Purchased nice clothes that fit the situation while traveling and having impromptu meetings. I probably should keep track of all this expense, but I have been bad at it.
Phone bills?
No one uses Whatsapp?

On clothes, I usually just get a few 'standard wears'. It could be ordinary shirts in a colour that trademarks you or a regular suit. I'm used to wearing jeans and collared shirts wherever I go, and it has worked out fine.

And yes...got to detest food expenses. I would love to cut on meal expenses, but from my conversations with business folks, apparently politics do exist as to which folks bring you to the nicest place for dinner, especially during Chinese New Year. :happy:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.