The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has the United States turned to sh*t?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bettereveryday

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jun 16, 2017
Metropolitan Area
I think a lot of you got the wrong impression by my comments, which is completely understood, it's was a bit dramatic lol (for good reason).

And I think a lot of you are looking at things from only one point of view, which is from that of an entrepreneur (which is understood as well). But in order for the entrepreneurial class to succeed, thrive, and push innovation, the rest of the Country has to be doing good too. Everything is interconnected. And guess what, not everyone is an entrepreneur, and the overwhelming majority will fail in their endeavors.

Here are the facts, all of these things effect everyone, doesn't matter who you are, what your financial goals are, or what socioeconomic class you belong to;

- Technology is strong, but it's a progressing at a rate society can't keep up with. America is still the best place for an entrepreneurial mind, but for how long? Are things getting better or worse?

- 2 wars, one of them being the LONGEST the United States has ever been in. Almost 2 decades, trillions of dollars, millions of lives lost, and more war seems to be on the horizon. This effects everyone, whether directly or indirectly. Empires fall when they overstep their bounds.

- Political instability, speaks for itself. Rigged elections, corruption, scandals, infringement of constitutional rights, etc.

- Healthcare and the education system is broken. This effects everyone, and future generations to come. Crumbling infrastructure, college education leading to insurmountable debt, public education being pure sh*t, etc.

- A decay of morality, of Constitutional Values and American principles. Big government, mass shootings, negative constructs, ideas, and lifestyles being perpetuated by the media, social media, hollywood, and the entertainment industry (more than ever), entrepreneurialism less encouraged more than ever, etc. Unless you plan to live in isolation, your children are fu*ked. There are more things to add but I don't wanna get too deep in this debate

- Capitalism has become Corporatism. People see the flaws and think the solution is More Government, more social services, etc. Individualism is dead, government dependency is encouraged.

I could go on and on, some will say I'm being melodramatic or pessimistic, I would advise you to be more pragmatic and objective.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
O

Olivia K

Ok sorry Sir I was just putting my points across if that's ok! xx

bettereveryday

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jun 16, 2017
Metropolitan Area
@bettereveryday

I would love to hear your thoughts on participation trophies.

Hate them. Effort is to be expected, the bare minimum in any endeavor, not rewarded.

Only winning needs to be rewarded. There's nothing wrong with winning and wanting to win, there's nothing wrong with teaching children the same sentiments. Our culture is the opposite, we teach kids that ambition is bad, competition is bad, individualism is bad, etc.

In order for an economic system to succeed it has to mirror Nature, particularly Human Nature. You ever see a Lion receive an award if he failed to kill his prey? Or a hunter receive a pat on the back if he didn't bring home any food?

The system becomes broken when A. Competition is no longer encouraged or B. Competition becomes rigged, those on top stay on top.

If you think I'm someone who hates Free Enterprise and Competition, you got the wrong impression lol

bettereveryday

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jun 16, 2017
Metropolitan Area
Three years ago I was finishing up my very expensive degree, my wife and two kids were living with me in my parents basement (it is a very nice basement). Graduation quickly approaching, and I was looking forward to living the SCRIPT-ed dream! New car, new house, new 401K, all the pieces were falling into place.
Then I read a book, took a risk, and my (non-Fastlane) business is heading towards 2m in revenue in 2017 (will probably be a little short, my rolling 12 month is sitting at 1.87m with 6 weeks left FY2017). Just think about how much more I could have accomplished had I been in a non-shitty country, right?

Yes, this country still has its problems. I'm even on a non-profit legislative committee to help review state-level legislation for my industry. There are some large issues we are trying to tackle, but politics and government moves so slow it may be a few more years before it gets to a vote. So instead of waiting for the government to fix the problem, I'm in the process of building a solution myself. I suppose I could just wait until all my problems are fixed by the powers-that-be, but I'm just too damn impatient.

First of all, congrats, I genuinely mean that. That's a level I strive to reach and beat one day.

But you basically refuted my statements on the State of our Nation by talking about your personal achievements. There's more people who live in this Country other than you lol, and financial success is only one small aspect of a person's life, or a Country's state. Actually financial success is a big aspect of a Country's state, but it's one of many variables.

This is solipsism at its best lol

bettereveryday

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Jun 16, 2017
Metropolitan Area
I would have liked to post more introspectively on this thread but I was too busy building and selling a company in the United States to speculate on how my life might have been better in some 3rd world country.

The American dream is still very tangible, very achievable, and very real.

I have an opus X cigar that I bought for a special occasion but time came and went and I never smoked it on that special occasion. When I get back to Tampa today, I think I will light it up on my patio under my palm tree sitting next to my fire table with a drink in hand as I count my blessings for living in a country that you can still become something.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile you might miss it.

Nice.

You do know that, life operates on a grander scale than your own life, right? Or that the State of a Country relies more than on the personal success of a few people?

Your success is admirable and should serve as inspiration to everyone, espiecially me, but pursuing, attaining, and being successful isn't mutually exclusive with being concerned about where your Country is headed, or complaining about it's state of affairs and the manner in which it's being governed. This country was founded on not being satisfied, complaints, and grievances. I'm no Thomas Jefferson, but I do my best for me and my family, I'm sure you do too.

But what do I know, I'm not successful on a financial level yet, so should my comments be voided?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lets just say everything you say is TRUE.

Now what?

Sit around and complain more?

What exactly do you get for being right? An excuse not to work or better yourself? A comfortable crutch to lean on?

What's your goal in this conversation? To enlighten us? Or to make yourself feel better about not building a life you're proud of? I'm genuinely curious.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
First of all, congrats, I genuinely mean that. That's a level I strive to reach and beat one day.

But you basically refuted my statements on the State of our Nation by talking about your personal achievements. There's more people who live in this Country other than you lol, and financial success is only one small aspect of a person's life, or a Country's state. Actually financial success is a big aspect of a Country's state, but it's one of many variables.

This is solipsism at its best lol

Dude, no one here is denying there's problems in the world. @Hyrum is just giving an example of taking action to make try to make the world better instead of complaining.

I'm guessing by the mis-use of the concept of solipsism, you probably ingest a lot of "manosphere" "decline of western civilization" type content. It's not that those guys don't have valid things to say, but you really can't take in too much of that toxic shit, or it will plunge you into doom & gloom learned helplessness just as fast as a Bernie Sanders rally will.

You got a lot of people that are trying to encourage you here, but if you get defensive, it doesn't hurt me or anyone else here. It only holds you back.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
+1 for policing the content you consume. You don't have to put your head into the sand, but focusing on the negative in the world just leads to compulsively negative thinking. No good comes of it.

Keep your nose down and on your own business. Be a beacon of light for those around you. It's hard to be a beacon when you're busy listening to the doom and gloom crowd.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Don’t even let the politics get to your head.... F IT.
Politicians will not change. Lobbyists will not change. ONly thing that can change is YOU (and the practitioners here on the FLF)
We are the change.

We create, build, imagine, innovate.

If you bring enough to the table and solve 1,000,000 peoples problems you will be living in a whole different world....

Avoid news, media, tv all the crap. Focus focus focus.... It is very hard. BUT this is what the 1%ers do that 99% don’t do... You will be ostracised. I am continuously outcasted at work. Nobody is at OUR levels. We have a goal we have a plan and we execute. Let all the political and media Bullshit ruin everyone else. Can’t fix that.

I say the same thing about women too. There are plenty of good women in the USA just gotta find them. Good things never come easy and people settle for less and then end up bitching about it later.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Could be worse... you could live anywhere else.

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
Capitalism and free enterprise has essentially become corporatism and a bunch of wealthy people (the elites as they say), in bed with politicians, doing whatever they can to rig the system and sustain their power.

Education is pure sh*t. Degrees usually cost a high 5 figures, 6 figures even, and it does very little to prepare you for the modern day job market, which has become the Wild Wild West.

Healthcare is sh*t. Costs are ridiculous, the system is broken, doctors and pharmaceutical companies are in bed together to get as much money possible from patients, and the quality of care is pure sh*t.

Politics is as decisive as ever. I feel like people don't even care about what policy is most reasonable and beneficial to the country as a whole, they just wanna impose their ideological views and spew out rhetoric. Washington has become a sh*t show man.

Don't even get me started on mainstream culture and the Entertainment industry.

I could go on and on, but fu*k it it's too much.

Seems like the US has completely strayed away from the principles and values that it was founded on.

I don't even know where we're headed, but I think we're fuc*ed. Things aren't gonna get better and the world is going to become crazier day by day, espiecially with technology advancing at rates that mankind simply can't keep up with.
Whats your definition of beating the system or success?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Capitalism and free enterprise has essentially become corporatism and a bunch of wealthy people (the elites as they say), in bed with politicians, doing whatever they can to rig the system and sustain their power.

Education is pure sh*t. Degrees usually cost a high 5 figures, 6 figures even, and it does very little to prepare you for the modern day job market, which has become the Wild Wild West.

Healthcare is sh*t. Costs are ridiculous, the system is broken, doctors and pharmaceutical companies are in bed together to get as much money possible from patients, and the quality of care is pure sh*t.

Politics is as decisive as ever. I feel like people don't even care about what policy is most reasonable and beneficial to the country as a whole, they just wanna impose their ideological views and spew out rhetoric. Washington has become a sh*t show man.

Don't even get me started on mainstream culture and the Entertainment industry.

Seems like the US has completely strayed away from the principles and values that it was founded on.

I don't even know where we're headed, but I think we're fuc*ed. Things aren't gonna get better and the world is going to become crazier day by day, espiecially with technology advancing at rates that mankind simply can't keep up with.

thanks

i sent you all my money

because you american guys are just retarde teenagers in this world

i don't care about moderators because i live this forum

so anyway this is my last post

you guys will be destroyed by the elite of the earth

nightmares are coming

good luck

C-Jay

Audeamus
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Aug 7, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
thanks

i sent you all my money

nightmares are coming

good luck

This guy is cool; doesn't even look at explosions

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This guy is cool; doesn't even look at explosions
He's done that before, you know.
Walking away from explosions without batting an eye requires some practise, no doubt lol.

jackwilder94

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 7, 2012
As an outsider , i view the US as the biggest dumbed down country in this world. Even north korea isn't that much of a hypocrite. From the scam it was founded on ( central banking system) to the fraud the hollywood entertaining satanic media is, i can't phantom living there anytime in my life, maybe visit once. And i'd be afraid i'll get shot by a cop.

Not to start with their stupid external policy to steal and provoke war with whatever country doesn't agree with the 'mighty' US. F*ck that shit. Let's all raise ourselves mentally and spiritually and see thru the bullshit this country is pushing on everyone.

Not to mention a government that bombs its own people, in the name of furthering their stupid satanic agenda. I stopped watching Tv and all the stupid media cause in every other country the media is the same.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
i view the US as the biggest dumbed down country in this world.

-He thought smugly to himself, while typing on a device invented by Americans, on an internet created by Americans, in a room climate controlled by a device invented in the US.

#landfill

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
As an outsider , i view the US as the biggest dumbed down country in this world. Even north korea isn't that much of a hypocrite. From the scam it was founded on ( central banking system) to the fraud the hollywood entertaining satanic media is, i can't phantom living there anytime in my life, maybe visit once. And i'd be afraid i'll get shot by a cop.

Not to start with their stupid external policy to steal and provoke war with whatever country doesn't agree with the 'mighty' US. F*ck that shit. Let's all raise ourselves mentally and spiritually and see thru the bullshit this country is pushing on everyone.

Not to mention a government that bombs its own people, in the name of furthering their stupid satanic agenda. I stopped watching Tv and all the stupid media cause in every other country the media is the same.

What happened to your 3 million a month affiliate business?

You must be up to a few 100 million by now :)

Also let me know which country you think is so much better...

Last edited:

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
That was all before you guys turned to sh*t :rofl:

-He thought smugly to himself, while typing on a device invented by Americans, on an internet created by Americans, in a room climate controlled by a device invented in the US.

#landfill

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
thanks

i sent you all my money

nightmares are coming

good luck

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

supa-hot-fire.gif

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014

This happens in every country in the world, on a much larger scale. You don't think corporations influence international law as well? You best bet your a$$ they have lobbying all over the UN.

Case and point: Corporate lobbying is blocking food reforms, senior UN official warns

US Health care, aside from the costs, is one of the best in the world. Life expectancy is much higher than a majority of the world. In fact, it is at the highest it's been in human history. Who is going to pay for the advances in medical technology? Yes big pharm controls a ton of shit politically, but it also results in advancement of human health. R&D ain't cheap and after however many years of patent and trademark rights, they will effectively lose control over their IP. It still is a business, as it is in all other places in the world.

Is it better to have a ruler that comes into power by blood? Is it any better or less corrupt than the current politcal system? There are inherent flaws in any system.

In all seriousness, I'm not one to raise a pitch fork, but the pessimism and hostility in your communication does not come across very well.

There are so many great things about the U.S. that you fail to comprehend.
1. We have one of the largest global economies in the world
2. We spend so much on military and defense yes, but it means that we also live in one of the safest places on earth in the safest time in human history
3. Education system may be F*cked, but there is freedom to learn and pursue whichever path you deem necessary
4. You're allowed to post all your doom and gloom because that is your right. And you can say whatever opinion you would like. Other places in the world will censor what you say, who will hear it, and may even punish you for speaking out against some ideological principal.
5. "I could go on and on, but fu*k it it's too much"

It's all about perspective. I know that I could lose everything that I own, and at the end of the day, I'll be fine. Lack of perspective is your limiting belief and it'll keep holding you back until you realize it.

So... did he delete his original post before or after you called him out?

Was this supposed to be funny ? Should i laugh ? Not your biz buddy, also, any country is better, any european country

Pretty sure Greece hasn't been doing so well the past couple years.
Britain is going to have 0 trade agreements in place and has no seat in the UN.
Spain may be going into civil war over Catalonia if things go well.
I would hate to be a LGBT individual in Russia.

I'll enjoy my sunshine and high taxes over in sunny California where I can live in ignorance and most likely will never have to worry about a bomb hitting my house in my lifetime.

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
I'm pretty happy living in Sweden. But I believe we borrowed a lot of good things from US.

But anyway, you cannot compare US with small European countries. Scandinavian countries + Switzerland often ranks as the "best countries in the world" whatever that means. But remember that Sweden, with the largest population of them all, is still only about 10 million people.

For example with the Paradise papers coming out now. In Sweden it's said that it's thanks to our high taxes with free (very cheap) health-care, education and social security enables ordinary people to rise to millionaires and billionaires. And that may be true.
On the other hand, in US because of lower taxes, it enables ordinary people to become millionaires and billionaires because they get to keep more of earnings. And that may be true too.

So stop comparing countries unless they have equal population, natural resources, history and political arrangements because it makes no sense.

Last edited:

jackwilder94

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Oct 7, 2012
I'll enjoy my sunshine and high taxes over in sunny California where I can live in ignorance and most likely will never have to worry about a bomb hitting my house in my lifetime.

You know why you'll never get hit by a bomb? Cause your country is the one dropping bombs everywhere, here, opened your eyes

You'd hate to be lgbt in russia? Much better imo than being a citizen in a big private military industrial complex owned prison with stupid laws. You get pretty much all the freedoms and 'liberty' anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.