The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Income Inequality in the United States

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Via:
http://www.upworthy.com/9-out-of-10-americans-are-completely-wrong-about-this-mind-blowing-fact-2

[video=youtube;QPKKQnijnsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM#t=210[/video]

While the majority of Americans see inequality in what they have, I see a chart that shows inequality in what the population gives. They make it sound like there is only an inequality in wealth, as if every person represented on that line is providing just as much value. I see a distribution of consumers vs producers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I don't believe it's exactly fair how some of the "rich" make their wealth but the video makes it seem that business owners are evil and should be sharing.

He should take a trip to Cambodia and relabel the video...I'd probably agree then as the wealth is literally stolen and poor are poor and not fed / housed to do absolutely nothing like in the U.S.

Shack

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 26, 2013
This is the story of monetary system, nothing new. Since it was invented everyone wanted more for themselves and less for the others. We are going in the same direction until all the 99% of people will find a way to demolish that tall 1% pile of wealth, together with their owners.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
This is the story of monetary system, nothing new. Since it was invented everyone wanted more for themselves and less for the others. We are going in the same direction until all the 99% of people will find a way to demolish that tall 1% pile of wealth, together with their owners.

:smilielol: Stop, it hurts.

decaobr

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jul 25, 2013

What are you doing here?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Then what?

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
Atlas Shrugged anyone?

The only reason why the lowest 20% doesn't have any stocks is because they are spending money
on a Kim Kardashian naked video

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
Atlas Shrugged anyone?

The only reason why the lowest 20% doesn't have any stocks is because they are spending money
on a Kim Kardashian naked video

Agreed, but that's with what little money they have.

Why do they have so little money? One only has to look at how little value they provide to others.

This Wednesday I was at a bar with my buddies. One of them checked his bank account to find out he had $16 left on his credit card and only $3 in his actual bank account. I expected his next words to be something like "oh my god!" but I was surprised to hear "sweet! I can get another pitcher!" instead. It's no mystery why he's in the bottom 40 and I'm in the upper 20.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
This just inspired me to make some videos of my own...
explaining the wealth breakdown in terms of value using a voice like I'm talking to children.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
The "Income Inequality" concept is the type of shit you find in Economics college textbooks. Its faulty and its an excuse for the entitlement mentality.

Sorry if I offend anyone but its infested with many fallacies.

1. More for me means less for you! So in that case we have to balance shit out and punish those top earners who stole from others and deprived others of income.

2. If i'm worth millions, I somehow ruined a bunch of people's lives during the process.

3. If we tax top earners and increase entitlement benefits, people's lives will improve! Yeah right, everyone is gonna go spend their tax return increase at Best Buy and at the local mall.

The only reason the rich tend to get richer is because they tend to put their money in income producing and appreciating assets. The other broke people tend to lease the latest 5 series BMW and max out their Nordstroms store card while living pay check to pay check.

Honestly, I have never seen so much opportunity in my life. Public libraries, public computers, the internet,

Mike Kavanagh

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Aug 17, 2013
You know, as I go along the route of making money, gaining money and saving it have become much easier.
I'm not living paycheck to paycheck or on credit like so many other people.

I understand people struggle. However, I have no concern about anyone who has dug and is still digging their own graves, family or not.

If you don't understand the basic concepts and aren't willing to learn them, to hell with you.

Last edited:

Sir Ingenious

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2012
The moment you become "rich" is the moment you've discovered your "truth".

1. Discovering yourself is knowing yourself
2. Discovering the world is going beyond yourself
3. Build yourself in order to build this world

Then and only then, you'll be blessed in many ways, starting with freedom.

I think those who are poor haven't discovered their "truth".

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
The moment you become "rich" is the moment you've discovered your "truth".

1. Discovering yourself is knowing yourself
2. Discovering the world is going beyond yourself
3. Build yourself in order to build this world

Then and only then, you'll be blessed in many ways, starting with freedom.

I think those who are poor haven't discovered their "truth".

Couldn't have said it better myself. Speed+++

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.