• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Notable! Has Moving to a Warm and Sunny Climate Made You Happier?

Discussion in 'Mindset, Motivation, Choices' started by MTF, Nov 11, 2016.

1. B. Cole

B. Cole New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $87
    Well it's comforting to see I'm not the only one with seasonal affective disorder. My wife grew up near Los Angeles, we ended up here on the East Coast of North Carolina where I was born. We go back to SoCal frequently, her family is huge and awesome (everybody should hang with a latino family at least once in their life, it's amazing how tight and loving they are). Life definitely pulls me back there, the weather and family is probably more of a motivational factor to get fastlane than anything. East coast retirement won't suffice to finish life over there. The cheap cost of living here right now does one thing for me - facilitate fastlane funding.

2. masaldana2

masaldana2 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,504
    cold mornings makes me moody and in cloudy days i sleep more

FastNAwesome and MTF like this.
  3. Christophe

Christophe New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $32
    Thanks for the update! Just saw it. :p

Glad that hear that you've found strategies that work for you (light therapy, traveling, and immersing yourself in your passions) and that you seem in a pretty good place right now...not to mention the winter almost coming to an end!

Now, have you ever imagined what your ideal winter would look or feel like? :)
    Could be an interesting thing to try, especially if you use vivid details.

4. Christophe

Christophe New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $32
    I hear you. You're not the only one being very CONCERNED about global warming!

5. rogainer

rogainer Common sense isn't common FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $326
    "It's hard for people to give a shit about global warming - when everyone hates bees and loves warm weather!!"

Bellini and Vigilante like this.
  6. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $110,823

Or… It might just be that winter sucks

Kingmaker, FastNAwesome and MTF like this.
  7. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $110,823
    I am a huge fan of global warming

8. rogainer

rogainer Common sense isn't common FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $326
    We just had our coldest winter in like 10 years here in Vancouver, so we've been joking about how we need to start polluting more so this doesn't happen again :rofl:

9. RHL

RHL can i get a comprehensive guide please LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $54,365
    Veblen good - Wikipedia

^That's why tech companies stay in Cali. Same reason Bugatti Veyron owners pay $15,000 for an oil change. It's not because it's a good deal or a good idea, it's because Google can, and others can't.

10. MTF

MTF Never give up LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $36,928
    30 degrees Celsius/86 F, lots of sun, a 16-hour-long day.

Christophe likes this.
  11. FastNAwesome

FastNAwesome Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $389
    I would strongly agree with all of these sentiments. Yes, I feel much better in sunny weather. And yes, I find it easier to work on a business when I don't have to count pennies and get stressed daily about living expenses.

Few more things, however, that apply to me personally:

- While summer makes me happier, sometimes it's hard to focus on work when you know the beach is full and people are having fun - you wanna join:)

- I enjoy seasons, makes things interesting, and it's more shorter days that get me down (the feeling of "it's night already"). Too much rain would be boring too. But once in a while, that's fun too:)

MTF likes this.
  12. Greystone

Greystone Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $163
    To anyone who has moved from a cold, dark or wet climate to a warm, sunny and dry climate - has it made you noticeably happier and greatly improved your quality of life?

I used to live in "cold" Paris with my family.

I moved to sunny south of France, and have been living there for almost 10 years. Oh yeah, it s sunny. I ve had so many "friends" and a few girlfriends as well, which was nice.

But I ve never been so cold in my entire life. No family, no real friend. Always wandering alone in the streets in the end. There s nothing worse than being alone. It seems to me i have serious sociable problems though, which has never helped me, of course.

I can t stand living on my own anymore. In 2 weeks, i leave Nice, where i currently live, and go back to my family.

I m almost 29 but i just don t care. It s recomforting to know you can see people you can really count on. Living alone in a big city is the worse thing i ve expected. I might as well live on Mars!

Living under the sun might sound cool, but the reality might be different than what you expected. It depends on a lot of things, but to me the most important one is to either be with someone (girlfriend/boyfriend) and/or close family. Just leaving to a sunny place thinking the weather alone will improve your life is not enough.

I'd always choose to live in Antartica with people around me rather than in Miami or in Monaco alone.

MTF likes this.
  13. masaldana2

masaldana2 Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,504
    Yea in a big city you can feel veeeery lonely, you have to push yourself to create your own social circle and even then people are very flaky.
    I still love Dallas tho heh

Greystone likes this.
  14. Greystone

Greystone Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $163
    So true.