The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Guys I need help to make $2K/mo

swerving2sucess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 6, 2021
Thank you for that I think that's how I should start, rather than investing large amounts of time into something with no rewards in the near future like coding, web design etc. It's also more fun and something I know I enjoy doing, unlike learning html. Thank you for your books btw they are the 2 best books on entrepreneurship I have read. I'm getting started on this right now,

I think where im gonna start out is learning how to flip things and build that skill, but I definitely might use that to supplement my income, thanks for the tip !
No problem my friend. I really hope you can find what you're looking for.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
I hate my job, and I really want to be able to quit my job and work for myself within a year or 2, but I can't seem to find a way. Any side hustles that are working for people? I just need a place to start at least. Is coding still a viable option? I honestly don't care what it is, just something where I can make $2000 a month within one year ish. Any help is greatly appreciated

Get a side job in entry level sales. Making 2k in that should be fairly easy. Then you get a valuable skill set and see real world ideas. The hardest part is most people try to create instead of improve especially when they are new.

it is exactly what I did, then it bridged into related businesses. Now my living expenses are covered in a few days, the rest is gravy to reinvest.

Only took about 3 years.

VinnieJones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Mar 10, 2021
Netherlands
I am in the process to learn product photography, this is something I wanted to do myself for my other side hustle; e commerce.

Want to shoot my own pics that stand out, this got me thinking to learn this and if I master this I can also shoot pics for other e commerce guys. I know a few so I can start doing it for free hopefully get my foot in the door.

now in the process of figuring out how a camera works haha, never used one before but in a few days I already know the basics and shot some pretty decent photos.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Go start a home service business man.

Throw up Craigslist and Facebook and Yelp ads. Provide service to home owners for $100/house. You do 3 a day. You have made 2k revenue in a week. You pay your ads. Now you got 3 weeks to make more.

I’ve been there. When you don’t have it, it seems SO difficult and SO far off. If I could ONLY make 2 measly thousand bucks a month my life would be better etc... My advice is quit your job because if all you need is 2k the job is easily replaceable anyway. Go force yourself to succeed. That’s what worked for me.

shawnyp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Mar 13, 2021
Go start a home service business man.

Throw up Craigslist and Facebook and Yelp ads. Provide service to home owners for $100/house. You do 3 a day. You have made 2k revenue in a week. You pay your ads. Now you got 3 weeks to make more.

I’ve been there. When you don’t have it, it seems SO difficult and SO far off. If I could ONLY make 2 measly thousand bucks a month my life would be better etc... My advice is quit your job because if all you need is 2k the job is easily replaceable anyway. Go force yourself to succeed. That’s what worked for me.
What do you mean exactly by home service?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
What do you mean exactly by home service?
Window cleaning. Pressure washing. Painting. Plumbing. Counters. Cabinets. Drywall. Roofing. Landscaping. Snow removal. The list goes on. Do research for a few days, pick a niche and go for it.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Invest $100-500 to buy equipment to wash cars, clean house windows / power clean bricks/deckings etc.
Spend 2-3 hours watching youtube videos on how to do the job well.
Learn about proving excellent customer service, give customers a small gift/bonus they are not expecting, ask them for a recommendation.

Create a short little video with your camera telling people who you are, what you're offering and how to contact you. Promote the video to everyone living within a 5 mile radius of where you live.

People will contact you via whatsapp and ask for your services.

You only need 100 clients paying you $30/month to wash their car (you go to them) or wash their windows once a month.

Charge a little more for the power wash once every 6 months ($100?).

applegirl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Dec 20, 2021
I saw on youtube people are making coloring books up to $10,000 to sell on Kindle? I don't know if a llot of those videos are exagerated though. Thought of putting up a little journal on Amazon Kindle for $1 or 2. I had a few books up there a while ago, no sales.

applegirl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Dec 20, 2021
Get a side job in entry level sales. Making 2k in that should be fairly easy. Then you get a valuable skill set and see real world ideas. The hardest part is most people try to create instead of improve especially when they are new.

it is exactly what I did, then it bridged into related businesses. Now my living expenses are covered in a few days, the rest is gravy to reinvest.

Only took about 3 years.
Who could it be? Job sites online are very difficult.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
I saw on youtube people are making coloring books up to $10,000 to sell on Kindle? I don't know if a llot of those videos are exagerated though. Thought of putting up a little journal on Amazon Kindle for $1
Saturated, but works with volume. By that I mean you need thousands of coloring books.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.