The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing my entrepreneur forum

Millennial

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 9, 2018
Hello,

This is my second thread on The Fastlane.
I would like to get my forum known to the larger community. It is an entrepreneurial community forum for the millennial. The Millennial Forum focuses on growing the younger minds entrepreneurial skills etc...

What do you guys think are some good marketing tips and strategies to get my forum out in the open?

Cheers
Millennial

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
why is this in the rant section?

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
entrepreneurial community forum for the millennial

There's your problem.

Most Millennials don't even want to be associated with their generation, b/c everyone is constantly shitting on them. Especially those trying to be successful.

Also, what's your 5-10 year plan, when Gen Z comes up? You're alienating a huge market. Millennials are in their 20-30s.

If you want to market to the younger crowd, use spicy memes that are actually funny and edgy, and self-deprecating humor. Check out r/wallstreetbets

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm sorry, but you want to use my entrepreneurial forum to promote your new entrepreneurial forum?

Am I reading this right?

Kinda like you want to stand in a McDonalds and promote your new burger joint?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
So you want to create a forum thats like the fastlane forum except for millennial's?

(oops MJ beat me to it)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ban coming.jpg

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
I'm sorry, but you want to use my entrepreneurial forum to promote your new entrepreneurial forum?

Am I reading this right?

Haha this reminds me of when Kanye West was asking Mark Zuckerberg for a handout on Twitter

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Hello,

This is my second thread on The Fastlane.
I would like to get my forum known to the larger community. It is an entrepreneurial community forum for the millennial. The Millennial Forum focuses on growing the younger minds entrepreneurial skills etc...

What do you guys think are some good marketing tips and strategies to get my forum out in the open?

Cheers
Millennial

This is your second thread on The Fastlane Forum. You want to get your forum known to the larger entrepreneurial community. If you want it to grow like this forum does, then it might mean you need to become someone who is known to the larger community first. Then people would participate in your forum to be in contact with you.

But it also might not mean that and it's possible you can grow in other ways if you really want to. When I join forums I do it to get something very specific. For instance I've joined an insurance adjusting forum to learn about the job from INSIDERS. I've also joined carpet cleaning, and tow truck forums for similar reasons. The challenge with offering something specific is people might join just to read without any intention of participating in conversations.

Whichever way you grow you'll need sources of traffic leading to your forum and a reason for people to stick around. If you know who your audience is, the next question I would ask is where can you connect with or communicate with those people? How will your forum offer enough value to catch their interest and hold it? What would make them want to join a forum over a Facebook group for the same people that already has 10,000 members?

Ashish Kulkarni

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2018
Stirling, UK
+1 for what MJ has said.

All I can add is you are asking the wrong question. Instead of asking - how can I grow my forum, you need to ask - how my forum can add value to it's target audience.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Am I reading this right?

How many points did your blood pressure go up?

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Am I reading this right?

lol, someone did not think this thing through

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
So no other generations are allowed?

What about very experienced seasoned entrepreneurs who are not millennials? They're not allowed?

:rofl:

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
So no other generations are allowed?

What about very experienced seasoned entrepreneurs who are not millennials? They're not allowed?

:rofl:

NO! We're the best generation and I demand you give me money! I haven't sold you anything, but I deserve money.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
NO! We're the best generation and I demand you give me money! I haven't sold you anything, but I deserve money.
hqdefault.jpg

soldiers-walk-memorial.jpg

Millennial

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 9, 2018

Am I reading this right?

Ok, so I have just woken up. Did not expect such a b*tchy response. I did not post the web link for that reason. I thought I was respecting your forum rules by not posting the link. Obviously it is not the greatest idea, however, I still learned how to create and edit a website in the process.

I am only young. That is the only reason I thought a younger generation forum would be a cool idea, in saying that, some of you guys have no idea what we some of us enjoy and have a passion for.

Anyway, obviously its a crappy idea. Thanks for letting me know.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
“When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind.”

Jiddu Krishnamurti

Millennial

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 9, 2018
There's your problem.

Most Millennials don't even want to be associated with their generation, b/c everyone is constantly shitting on them. Especially those trying to be successful.

Also, what's your 5-10 year plan, when Gen Z comes up? You're alienating a huge market. Millennials are in their 20-30s.

If you want to market to the younger crowd, use spicy memes that are actually funny and edgy, and self-deprecating humor. Check out r/wallstreetbets

Generally. I was only hoping to make this a little hobby, so I do not have a 5-10 year plan. By the 20s and 30s most of them would have left my forum and gone to get their life on track, or just not participated in my forum anyway.

I also thought in creating an entrepreneur forum for millennials, I could connect the forum to them on a different level through specific addons, styles, etc... like if I am going to be honest, I feel like a bit of a retard when I talk to you guys cause you have so much experience in the market. People my age generally want to connect to a community my age and collaborate with other people my age.

Anyway, I could go on forever, but those are the main reasons I thought my website would be good.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Why would millennials need a separate forum in the first place?
Because we can discuss our iced frappes, fluid genders and argue whos the biggest victim!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Ok, so I have just woken up. Did not expect such a b*tchy response. I did not post the web link for that reason. I thought I was respecting your forum rules by not posting the link. Obviously it is not the greatest idea, however, I still learned how to create and edit a website in the process.

I am only young. That is the only reason I thought a younger generation forum would be a cool idea, in saying that, some of you guys have no idea what we some of us enjoy and have a passion for.

Anyway, obviously its a crappy idea. Thanks for letting me know.
Congratulations on your website. We're not trying to be hard on you. Don't take it personal.

It's like when Rey Kroc opened his own McDonald's restaurant across the street from the McDonald's brothers.

You have the right idea in making a forum. You have good intentions in doing one about millenials wanting to be entrepreneurs.

Only 2 problems:
• Millenials is a very broad demographic
• You're posting in a forum with people already full of entrepreneuers or wantrepreneuers.

But good on you for taking action

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Did not expect such a b*tchy response.

If you walked into a store and asked the owner how to build a competing store down the street, would you expect him to be nice? Or bitchy?

People my age generally want to connect to a community my age and collaborate with other people my age.

Newsflash: I would say that the plurality of people here are millennials.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
I feel like a bit of a retard when I talk to you guys cause you have so much experience in the market.

And that's the point. If you're the smartest guy in the room, you're in the wrong room.

Learning from your "elders" is the greatest favor you'd be doing to yourself.

Millennial

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 9, 2018
If you walked into a store and asked the owner how to build a competing store down the street, would you expect him to be nice? Or bitchy?

Newsflash: I would say that the plurality of people here are millennials.

Yes I understand I may have worded my question slightly wrong. However, I did not expect that response from the owner of the website to a new person in the community.

I don’t really know why you would be bitchy though. Its completely different to “a store down the street”. In reality, my forums would not get anywhere near as public as yours have. If it is such a bad idea and you have already taken over the market of the millenniaIs, then why be bitchy? I would be the least of your competition to worry about.

Millennial

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 9, 2018
And that's the point. If you're the smartest guy in the room, you're in the wrong room.

Learning from your "elders" is the greatest favor you'd be doing to yourself.

Thats exactly why I posted on the forum in the first place :)

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Yes I understand I may have worded my question slightly wrong. However, I did not expect that response from the owner of the website to a new person in the community.

I don’t really know why you would be bitchy though. Its completely different to “a store down the street”. In reality, my forums would not get anywhere near as public as yours have. If it is such a bad idea and you have already taken over the market of the millenniaIs, then why be bitchy? I would be the least of your competition to worry about.
MJ wasn’t bitchy, you just can’t handle criticism. It seems to me you’re the only one here who is bitching.

The best advise I can give you is to drop the snowflake shit, learn to pick your battles, and read some more around here before you post again.

And if you haven’t read the books, pick one up and give it a read. You’ll learn more than you could ask for.

Millennial

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 9, 2018
MJ wasn’t bitchy, you just can’t handle criticism. It seems to me you’re the only one here who is bitching.

The best advise I can give you is to drop the snowflake sh*t, learn to pick your battles, and read some more around here before you post again.

Stop sucking is d*ck. He replied to my comment in a way that he was agreeing to be bitchy. I don’t mean to sound like a d*ck myself but their are a lot of people on the forum that get on their knees for MJ even when he is wrong. MJ is just like us, he can learn from being wrong, just like I have been doing so this morning. Don’t take this the wrong way, MJ is probably one of the smartest entrepreneurs on this forum, however, not everyone is perfect and every so often their needs to be a discussion.
That’s what I have seen and how I feel anyway.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
h68FCCEC0.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.