The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Growing a Youtube Channel as Part of My Personal Brand

Prodox

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 1, 2020
Tokyo
Hey @Prodox

Cool to see you lay out your Youtube journey. I can certainly tell that you are working on your channel with much dedication.

I'm very interested in seeing how you'll start marketing your channel and getting it to grow.

Have you looked at Facebook groups by any chance? I am uncertain about their effectiveness for gathering YouTube views, but perhaps it is worth a try.
I'm glad you're enjoying the thread :)

Marketing isn't my forte, so I'm interested in seeing how I'll start marketing too, haha.

I have a new video coming out today and so far I plan on posting it to my Instagram, Twitter, Facebook page, some Facebook groups, and maybe Reddit. I feel if I post it to Reddit I'm going to get berated though.

Thanks for the Facebook groups suggestion!

Suggestions are EXTREMELY welcome right now, haha.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Prodox

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 1, 2020
Tokyo
Another week another video:

I'm still pretty happy with how I'm doing on camera, lots of work to do of course.

One thing I noticed in this is that I'm waving my hands around like a mad man, I need to get my hand gestures down. More variety, more control, more meaning.

I'm still experimenting with slightly shorter videos than usual, it's too early to tell yet, but I'm not sure it's making a massive difference.

I also want to try and incorporate storytelling into my videos more, but I'm not quite sure how to head in that direction right now...

View: https://youtu.be/jx7_nZNVn9A

Jiersk

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 3, 2020
Netherlands
I'm glad you're enjoying the thread :)

Marketing isn't my forte, so I'm interested in seeing how I'll start marketing too, haha.

I have a new video coming out today and so far I plan on posting it to my Instagram, Twitter, Facebook page, some Facebook groups, and maybe Reddit. I feel if I post it to Reddit I'm going to get berated though.

Thanks for the Facebook groups suggestion!

Suggestions are EXTREMELY welcome right now, haha.

Ha yea marketing isn't my strong suit either, I think. I'm currently trying to figure out how to promote discount (not free) Udemy coupons, it appears to be a bit harder than free ones lol.

With regards to getting berated on Reddit, I do understand the concern. But perhaps there are subreddits that are dedicated to the specific topic you are teaching. I think it may be viable to contribute to that community and then carefully suggest your youtube channel. That way it's not real shameless self promoting, but you are also giving rather than just taking. Just a thought :)

Ethan S

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Sep 27, 2019
Hey Prodox, I shared some advice with Vic inside of his thread about how I built my YouTube channel from Zero. It's more labour intensive and doesn't give you the hockey stick style growth others have had on the forum. But it's a pretty simple marketing tip using Facebook to generate your first couple thousand subs.

I'll just post the link here and if you have questions or want to copy my process just ask here.

Prodox

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 1, 2020
Tokyo
Ha yea marketing isn't my strong suit either, I think. I'm currently trying to figure out how to promote discount (not free) Udemy coupons, it appears to be a bit harder than free ones lol.

With regards to getting berated on Reddit, I do understand the concern. But perhaps there are subreddits that are dedicated to the specific topic you are teaching. I think it may be viable to contribute to that community and then carefully suggest your youtube channel. That way it's not real shameless self promoting, but you are also giving rather than just taking. Just a thought :)
Cheers, I'll give it a go!

Prodox

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 1, 2020
Tokyo
Hey Prodox, I shared some advice with Vic inside of his thread about how I built my YouTube channel from Zero. It's more labour intensive and doesn't give you the hockey stick style growth others have had on the forum. But it's a pretty simple marketing tip using Facebook to generate your first couple thousand subs.

I'll just post the link here and if you have questions or want to copy my process just ask here.

Interesting... Now I have to find some facebook groups that aren't complete bullshit and full of spammers, haha.

I'll give this a go, thanks :)

Prodox

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Jun 1, 2020
Tokyo
It's been some time, but I've been posting youtube videos every week.

This is this weeks one:
View: https://youtu.be/imq7bg_Kumg

I actually reduced the amount of pictures and videos I put in as I felt that I was putting them in for the sake of putting them in rather than them enforcing my message or helping comprehension.

Still haven't found a good place to promote them though...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.