The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great cold email podcast

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wouldn't have guessed you would be interested in a cold email podcast @Andy Black !

Also what book?
I plan to spend a bit a day to generate leads and send them via email to local service businesses. I did it small scale as a test and it initiated some good conversations. We’ve a salesman in the team now so want to help him get his foot in the door.

We get lots of inbound leads but I’m positioned too broadly as an “AdWords Guy” so the leads aren’t all in our favoured verticals.

The founder of QuickMail.io wrote a short book that I found on Amazon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
The founder of QuickMail.io wrote a short book that I found on Amazon.
Is it this?
Grow your business with cold emails: Everything you need to know about cold emails to get an avalanche of responses by Jeremy Chatelaine

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Is it this?
Grow your business with cold emails: Everything you need to know about cold emails to get an avalanche of responses by Jeremy Chatelaine
Yeah, that's what I'm reading at the moment. It's short and sweet - how I prefer my books at the moment.

whiz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
Nov 29, 2017
New Jersey
Another thing that people often overlook is physical mail.

I got my first clients this way.

I got a list of local businesses I felt I could help... I just scraped em off Yelp.

Yelp somehow has a lot of businesses that you can’t find on Google or anywhere else.

Then get the biz owner names using manta.com or just some good old fashioned internet forensics. People have no privacy these days (they willingly concede it). Go to the biz Facebook and you’ll find the owners name in 10 seconds. I never had to dig too hard

Then I got a bunch of invitation envelopes from the office supply store. The key is to get small pastel colored envelopes... it should look like they’re being invited to some cool event. It has to stand out from all the business junk (flyers, postcards etc)...

People sort their mail over the trash can. Anything that doesn’t look personal or important goes bye bye. This includes most solicitations and post cards.

So that’s why I made it look personal.

I would put no return address (increases curiosity) and I would just write the name and address. Don’t write it too perfect otherwise it ruins the feeling. It has to look like some old friend scribbling it up real quick.

Make a good sales letter with all the important stuff - who you are, what you have, how it will benefit them, and what to do (call me now).

Change the variables in the letter (town names, peoples names, blah blah) and print out a bunch of them for every business on your list.

Go to the post office, stamp em up (old school stamps) and send em.

Something about the archaic physical mail feels cool. It’s just different. Everybody does email and calls. Plus the presentation gets them excited.

I don’t remember my conversion rate but it really doesn’t matter. You can sign one client and get your money and time back.

Also date the letter. The first two lines should be

Monday, 9:22 a.m.
December 11, 2018

I feel like it helps make you “realer” automatically.

And it stays in line with the personal feel.

Address them (in the letter) by first name, no last name.

And if you’re feeling crazy, address the envelope with the first name as well.

Who knows. Try stuff out.

It’s fun as hell and you feel real cool sending out 500 letters at the post office.

Guaranteed to get a couple calls back unless you can’t write a sales letter for shit.

Like I said, be simple.

This is who I am
This is what I can do for you
This is why it’ll benefit you
Call me at this number

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.