The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grant Cardone is off his rocker...

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
After listening to this, I was surprised. How does a guy like GC make so much money? How can people follow this dude? My old boss, who owns a small window company (15 mil) used to coach us, and he was the most friendly, dynamic, funny person, who showed a genuine warmth toward you. If he called on your house and you needed 2 windows, he'd walk out with an order for 8 windows and a sliding patio door. You'd also have a new friend.
He would bury Cardone in a cold sales call. I just don't get it I guess. GC lacks all of those qualities I saw in my old boss. Guess I was lucky to work for him instead of GC.
Not a GC fan but I don't think one bad intervew really gives an accurate picture at his skill at running and growing a company.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Not a GC fan but I don't think one bad intervew really gives an accurate picture at his skill at running and growing a company.

true.
GC always acted like he was the best sales guy. what JB did was prove that GC is a great marketer. JB gives him massive credit for that in his follow up interview with meetkevin.
And I agree, GC is a great marketer.

I though GC was much smarter on his feet when it comes to sales though, and this video sort of put him in his place. Of course, one video does not prove much, but dude is a self touted pro seller, and instead of doing that, he acted holier than thou...

As for others saying, he's still has huge networth....it's true, he does and he worked hard for it, and played the right game. im not taking away from that. Im just surprised that this is how he acted with JB.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
true.
GC always acted like he was the best sales guy. what JB did was prove that GC is a great marketer. JB gives him massive credit for that in his follow up interview with meetkevin.
And I agree, GC is a great marketer.

I though GC was much smarter on his feet when it comes to sales though, and this video sort of put him in his place. Of course, one video does not prove much, but dude is a self touted pro seller, and instead of doing that, he acted holier than thou...

As for others saying, he's still has huge networth....it's true, he does and he worked hard for it, and played the right game. im not taking away from that. Im just surprised that this is how he acted with JB.
Absolutely. I know sales guys that are amazing on their feet and are really, really great at it. I don't see this with GC. But he's got money in the bank, so he's done something very right, and he's fought hard for it. But he didn't show me anything as far as him being a pro, or even an astute sales guy. Marketing is a different game.

Joda

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 19, 2016
Adelaide South Australia
I really enjoyed GC in the past, however, after his Jordan Belfort interview I lost all my respect for him.
Jordan ripped him to Shreds... GC sole purpose on his show was to rip JB apart, but JB is quick on his feet and a master conversationalist, completely owned GC.

To make things even better... MEET KEVIN on Youtube, also ripped GC apart.... then went on the JB show and gave a run down between how GC tried to sue MeetKevin.. This is nuts.

You guys need to check this out..

Moral: GC is trash and a faker. He's also a butt hurt little bitch.. for someone that struts around like he's king shit... total trash. Do not waste your time with this guy.

You know I have to disagree with this assessment.. In this interview Grant was trying to look better than Belfort and it was an odd interview because he made it a competition rather than a friendly conversation.

He was trying to make some points which were not inline with the questions he was being asked because he didn't think they were good questions.

He came off as a bit of a dick but I think he is mostly right and still has a lot of wisdom.

Belfort scammed millions of American families out of their houses and futures with his penny stock scam which shows a total lack of morality.

Grant might be full of it from time to time but I think his message comes from his personal learnt experiences and a genuine place of wisdom/wanting to help people succeed.

He thinks differently to the average person - maybe that's what got him to where he is going.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Appears to be a BS fight between two BS gurus. Not my circus, not my monkeys. Didn't watch it, not gonna watch it.

PS - Belfort has only paid back a fraction of the money he stole. Scumbag.

Last edited:

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
You know I have to disagree with this assessment.. In this interview Grant was trying to look better than Belfort and it was an odd interview because he made it a competition rather than a friendly conversation.

He was trying to make some points which were not inline with the questions he was being asked because he didn't think they were good questions.

He came off as a bit of a dick but I think he is mostly right and still has a lot of wisdom.

Belfort scammed millions of American families out of their houses and futures with his penny stock scam which shows a total lack of morality.

Grant might be full of it from time to time but I think his message comes from his personal learnt experiences and a genuine place of wisdom/wanting to help people succeed.

He thinks differently to the average person - maybe that's what got him to where he is going.

You said you disagreed with my assessment, but then pointed out everything that Grant did wrong.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
my take is, from following GC a bit is that his speil is geared towards poor people, towards those like him who grew up with nothing. (and dont know much)

JB has been around though, he knows how to tell whos what. I remember in a book about jho low they were promoting wolf of wallstreet at this crazy party Jho used to throw.. JB walks in, looks at the extravagance and tells his gf "this dude stole this money.. no one who earned it spends it like this." he was 100% right. Jho scammed malaysia out of 8B!

Last edited:

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
I really enjoyed GC in the past, however, after his Jordan Belfort interview I lost all my respect for him.
Jordan ripped him to Shreds... GC sole purpose on his show was to rip JB apart, but JB is quick on his feet and a master conversationalist, completely owned GC.

To make things even better... MEET KEVIN on Youtube, also ripped GC apart.... then went on the JB show and gave a run down between how GC tried to sue MeetKevin.. This is nuts.

You guys need to check this out..

Moral: GC is trash and a faker. He's also a butt hurt little bitch.. for someone that struts around like he's king shit... total trash. Do not waste your time with this guy.

I didn't hear that interview, but this doesn't surprise me. 10x was one of the worst business books I've ever read (understanding that "worst" is a subjective term). It read like he was search engine optimizing for a few of his favorite buzz words, and the underlying theme of being super-proud of his narcissism got in the way of anything of value he might have had to offer for me.

I stuck it out, but ended up feeling like anything substantive he had to say could have been conveyed in a blog post and he tried to make up for that with repetition of some very basic concepts.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
After listening to this, I was surprised. How does a guy like GC make so much money? How can people follow this dude?

I'm probably going to get some backlash for this, but I think that his overly simplistic ego driven bluster is exactly why a certain type of person gravitates toward him. There's clearly nothing special about him--what he conveys is simplistic and he doesn't come across as very smart and he's clearly unlikeable, and yet he filthy rich. It sends the message that you don't have to know much, be a decent person, or really have any particular talents or positive qualities to be wildly successful...you can just get with this super-simplistic philosophy and BOOM--you'll sail past the crowd just like he did.

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
lol wtf he's even talking about.. what a terrible video.

GC is an idiot and hyperinflated ego is growing.
He simply stated facts
Cardone's net worth is in the hundred of millions
Belfort's net worth is in the negative
Belfort was thinking about selling pens
Cardone talked about replacing the pen
Cardone has 100+ employees
Belfort has 6 interns working in an apartment
Cardone made his money legally
Belfort is only known b/c of his criminality and disloyalty
Cardone > Belfort

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Someone who takes a lot of interest in these videos (and feuds) probably doesn't have a growing business to think about. It's like water-cooler gossip for employees. When the phones are ringing and the orders are piling up, there simply isn't time to take part in guru soap-operas.

I haven't watched one video.

Not one.

Don't care. Never will.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I began watching the video (as a podcast) thinking I could learn a thing or two about sales. 14 minutes in and Grant won't answer a simple answer about "How would you react when selling door-to-door if the person tells you they're not interested in the product ?".

I totally lost interest in watching th rest. It sucks, because Jordan seems to genuinely try to share knowledge with his audience, but Grant won't say anything useful.

Then again, it might all be a huge marketing stunt. Everyone's talking about it now.

I enjoyed listening to Jordan's product ads at the beginning. Dude clearly isn't a tech guy but can sell you bluetooth earbuds and an Oracle software suite just fine hahaha.

business_man

In Love With Marketing
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 25, 2014
I watched it and was expecting tons of value in there. I like both guys... in different ways... not those ways... :D

Yep, Grant ruined the interview.

Later in Logan Pauls podcast (what a source, right?), or maybe it was VLADTV... he said that he did not want to talk sales tactics as it is a "small thing", he wanted to talk about "big stuff" or something.

And maybe he has a point. Although disappointed by the interview :) and still kinda like both guys... :)

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I will say this though: GC is partly right about NLP being B.S.

As a certified master practitioner of NLP I'd like to think I have a pretty solid grasp on it. Whenever someone ask me about learning NLP I tell them to save time and just go learn basic social skills, basic psychological influence techniques, and sales skills. When you remove all the pseudoscience BS from NLP that is all you are left with!

I think that the power of NLP is that for some people it gives them belief, defined as the sincere conviction that what is in their head can become reality.

The important part isn't whether NLP works, but whether people believe that it does.

You can say this is the placebo effect, but I'll just say that is the boring truth that the people who believe that their thoughts will become reality are the only ones who will make their thoughts reality.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Oh my God, this is like watching Jerry Springer (or Maury, I should say) . WHO CARES. Get to work.
Then what's the point of the [OFF-TOPIC] forum?

Maybe we should stop talking about The Mandalorian and Cybertruck and just get to work.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
Someone who takes a lot of interest in these videos (and feuds) probably doesn't have a growing business to think about. It's like water-cooler gossip for employees. When the phones are ringing and the orders are piling up, there simply isn't time to take part in guru soap-operas.

I haven't watched one video.

Not one.

Don't care. Never will.

ok
well, lets add to that:
-playing video games
-watching TV shows
-playing sports (subjective, cause there are health benefits...)
-watching sports
-insert other non-business growing item

I get what you're saying, but this is off-topic for a reason. Not like we're sinking that much time into it.

GC has some decent content
JB has some decent content

To put this into perspect MJ, this would be like you going onto a pod-cast to discuss your book, someone asks you a basic question about something you CHAMPION on here, and then you completely flop.
It does matter in it's "niche".... True it wont impact my day-to-day... but it matters to your following, your forums, etc.

Anyway, not trying to attack, just trying to point out that I disagree with the angle some of you on here are taking with this thread.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
GC’s body language, confidence etc switches as soon as they talk about property. That’s what he’s good at and it shows.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I've been considering buying some of Jordans and Grants stuff for sales.

Recommended? I admire Grant, at 60 whatever he is killing it. I hope I can be like that in the future

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
some bum on youtube commenting on someone else's financials for his own gain, lol!

gloriusubiquity

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 1, 2019
some bum on youtube commenting on someone else's financials for his own gain, lol!

MeetKevin is hilarious though. And I think he's got good advice to the general public in terms of real estate investing. (some interesting things to consider, anyways. e.g. buy "wedge" deals, houses that need renovating but can be improved and flipped)

I wouldn't buy any of his courses right now but I think he gives interesting opinions. That being said he also has click-baity titles sometimes ("Wife's upset I'm making money...") but that's how you gotta survive on Youtube these days

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I wouldn’t say someone with millions in net worth at age 27 is “some bum”.

Sure his titles are click bait (come on This is YouTube), but his advice is solid and he’s walked the walk.

So frankly, I’m gonna keep listening to his commentary.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Apparently, you have now the chance to buy his house, if you like to.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoEpqInv4WQ
I really hope we don't see him on a future episode of American Greed where all the Cardone Capital investors lost all of their life savings in his fund.

Meet Kevin's commentary on how Grant uses Cardone Capital to convince average Joe people to tie up all their life savings into funding his deals, and how he leverages his primary residence that he owns via his LLC while advising all of us not to purchase our own primary residence has made me see him in a different light.

He proved the long standing guru stereotype to be true:

The way in which the guru is teaching you to become wealthy is not the way in which he is becoming wealthy.

He is an expert at pandering- this is why everything about him is flashy, luxurious, and over the top, and why he loves associating with athletes, rappers, and any other type of celebrity/famous person. He knows what his target market wants, and serves it up on a platter to them 24/7.

His branding/marketing is only "good" because he can afford to pay money to stay in front of you...He also learned how to dominate on free channels/platforms as well such as Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram. He became KNOWN...He was able to write his ticket from there.

I say all of this as a Grant "STAN". I am starting not to like him as much anymore.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL

I'm howling because GC is in this video saying that he is filing bankrupt & he hopes he doesn't wind up on an episode of American Greed. Does he read on this forum?!

I thought this video was an April's Fool joke, but he uploaded a few weeks after April 1st.

I still really hope that this is a joke. He announced that he will not be paying his investors from Cardone Capital their distributions for the next 90 days... coupled with the employees he fired without notice or severance, with a final remark telling them to "Sue him" if they don't like it, I can't tell whats real or whats for attention.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.