The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got a 1 on 1 with CEO and Co-Founder Today!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
Today was a great day. I have been putting in the hours calling and emailing companies for the last few months and today I got a call. I was finally able to get a sit down with a a "big up"(C.E.O./Co Founder). Initially was actually looking to sit down with him to get information about leasing of one of their industrial machines (top of the line technology). Upon first sight I thought the meeting would be very cut and dry with little more info learned than in sales catalog.

I couldn't have been more wrong. We had a really good rapport and he really seemed to be drooling over my knowledge and enthusiasm for this field.

Before I left he told me that I reminded him of himself when he first started his business. He said he was very impressed with the amount research I'd done in a field I didn't work in professionally.. yet. I couldn't believe this, I literally had no intention to go in and ask for anything more then a little inside knowledge about financing requirements. He offered me a sales rep position, offered to introduce me to several connects that he believes will help me and my business objective, offered to invest personally and candidly told me his company has a $8k monthly need that my company would solve.

This feels awesome.. Validation of a need plus a bonus. I'm ecstatic right now.

Sorry If I'm babbling, I had to tell someone!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Avisto

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Mar 31, 2014
Hey man, congrats! That's good stuff, always awesome getting over a bump and getting a bonus along the way. Keep grinding

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
Thanks man it is such a great feeling, but I don''t want to get caught in the small success. Taking some of the nuggets he dropped and make some value for him.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
Grind baby GRIND! Love the hustle, you grind hard and you get rewarded. Now grind some more and tell us how he referred you to his other friends and got some FAT contracts ;) Rooting for you bud

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Congrats! Getting validation AND basically getting a sale...that's amazing.

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
How ironic this meeting happened. 2 hours after leaving my job. I was starting to doubt the decision this helped for sure.

But anyway, The ceo referred me to our cities Entrepreneur Center, I went and checked it out and it seems great. Sets member up with one on one meetings with "Fastlaners" in the industry that can help. Seems really informative and I signed up for the orientation next Tuesday. The Ceo offered to sponsor my business' membership but I found out its only 150 yearly so I rather do that myself since I am able. This guy is really interested. I rather not let off too much to him before I have tangible value.

My business isn't technically fastlane as it starts. It will be a local B & M with immediate global applications via internet n website.

Staying optimistic and grinding..
I appreciate the replies!

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
How ironic this meeting happened. 2 hours after leaving my job. I was starting to doubt the decision this helped for sure.

But anyway, The ceo referred me to our cities Entrepreneur Center, I went and checked it out and it seems great. Sets member up with one on one meetings with "Fastlaners" in the industry that can help. Seems really informative and I signed up for the orientation next Tuesday. The Ceo offered to sponsor my business' membership but I found out its only 150 yearly so I rather do that myself since I am able. This guy is really interested. I rather not let off too much to him before I have tangible value.

My business isn't technically fastlane as it starts. It will be a local B & M with immediate global applications via internet n website.

Staying optimistic and grinding..
I appreciate the replies!
Fastlanes aren't online only. A decent car dealership does 5-7 million a year. Not only does that pay well, selling a business that has revenue is a great fastlane.

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
Thanks man I appreciate that and I completely understand what you mean. I see possibility for scaling up as well as taking myself out of the equation eventually. Right now just focused on serving the target markets more.

Thanks for the replies.

ShannaGrace

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 1, 2014
Today was a great day. I have been putting in the hours calling and emailing companies for the last few months and today I got a call. I was finally able to get a sit down with a a "big up"(C.E.O./Co Founder). Initially was actually looking to sit down with him to get information about leasing of one of their industrial machines (top of the line technology). Upon first sight I thought the meeting would be very cut and dry with little more info learned than in sales catalog.

I couldn't have been more wrong. We had a really good rapport and he really seemed to be drooling over my knowledge and enthusiasm for this field.

Before I left he told me that I reminded him of himself when he first started his business. He said he was very impressed with the amount research I'd done in a field I didn't work in professionally.. yet. I couldn't believe this, I literally had no intention to go in and ask for anything more then a little inside knowledge about financing requirements. He offered me a sales rep position, offered to introduce me to several connects that he believes will help me and my business objective, offered to invest personally and candidly told me his company has a $8k monthly need that my company would solve.

This feels awesome.. Validation of a need plus a bonus. I'm ecstatic right now.

Sorry If I'm babbling, I had to tell someone!
Babble on. That is worth telling over and over and over again. This is what focused energy gets you. All those letter and phone calls you made were just answered in one meeting. You are one the right track. Keep moving forward. Man you already got a job and a contract. Can't get much better, except for all those others that he is introducing you too, to come on board as well.

HerpMogul

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Oct 23, 2013
Locationless
Thanks everyone, I appreciate all the tips and welcome any more. Going to sit down and get a business plan written out.

By the questions they were asking at the entrepreneur center I can tell it would benefit me to have one should they want to help with my "pitch"(offered with membership if certain requirements are met).

I have been having a little mental masturbation since the hype of the meeting so this will help direct focus.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good work. I don't think its ironic. I think it's law of attraction.
You made the leap because you have an abundance mindset.

Love the babbling. You just made my morning. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.