The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Front end is breakeven.. now what?

Marketing, social media, advertising

eqttrdr

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Aug 25, 2013
Currently selling a one-off digital info product with a couple upsells in the front end funnel.

From what all the "digital info product gurus" I spoke with at a meetup last year their goal from the start with any info product is to eventually get to break even on the front end.

Great.... so I'm there.... but so what?

I spend $50 to get a $50 sales on the front end.

Let's say I scale this and spend $50k to get 1000 customers.

Now the REAL work begins and I have to try and sell these "customers" something...

So let's say I am amazing and can get 50% of them to buy something (which seems like a real stretch).... I sell them each another $50 product

ULTIMATELY.... I am spending $50k to make a profit of $25k (if I am lucky)

Seems like a really bad risk vs reward ratio there no?

What am I missing?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Are we talking about info product sales funnel that leads to a high dollar item?

Most funnels look something like this.

Lead magnet/free giveaway -> $50 info product -> tripwire sale -> webinar ticket -> coaching/seminar/coaching program

You have to ask yourself if you want to base your revenue stream on being the expert and selling a system or if you just want to sell info products.

That's being said, you should continue to offer them back end products as well. And you can also work at optimizing your customer acquisition.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.