The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Progress-Thread] Starting Front-End Web Design As a Short-Term Strategy

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
"Well, you're right. AdWords is essential for service businesses, but what AdWords does is simply bring people to your website. But what if your website doesn't induce trust in people? What if a lot of people are leaving your website because it looks a little bit off? AdWords doesn't get you trust customers, just traffic."
That's brilliant!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Congrats on progress, Vic.
This guy basically started saying "Look, I don't need a website. It's already being created by someone else". At this point, I didn't know what to say, so I said "Okay, no worries. Have a good day". This is the opposite of what I've read from most sales books, a.k.a "always be closing". What would you have done?
There are probably peps on the forum who can answer this question directly.

One thing that you could do (if the lead is cold and no way to turn them into customer)
is to ask if they know someone who would benefit from having more trustful* website.
This can turn into two positive things - they themselves might reconsider your offer, or they tell you someone to call. If they refer someone, you call them and have a foot in the door by telling, "John from XYZ company told me you might need a better website, is it good time to talk for a minute?"

Ofc, they can tell you they don't know anybody but it never hurts to ask.

* exact wording would have to be decided upon, i write from top of my head.

Last edited:

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
Congrats on progress, Vic.

There are probably peps on the forum who can answer this question directly.

One thing that you could do (if the lead is cold and no way to turn them into customer)
is to ask if they know someone who would benefit from having more trustful* website.
This can turn into two positive things - they themselves might reconsider your offer, or they tell you someone to call. If they refer someone, you call them and have a foot in the door by telling, "John from XYZ company told me you might need a better website, is it good time to talk for a minute?"

Ofc, they can tell you they don't know anybody but it never hurts to ask.

* exact wording would have to be decided upon, i write from top of my head.
Sounds like a wise idea. It's basically wording it in a way that makes them feel like they are missing out on something, such as "If you know somebody who needs a website which gets them more results and trust for a price which you'll not usually find anywhere else...", only a fool would not want that lol

I'll try this asap! Thanks a lot!

RealDreams

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jun 22, 2018
06/18/20
First Project (maybe)
I visited a forklifts seller company my dad used to work with as a freelancer engineer. He knows very well the owner (they are friends actually) and I had the opportunity to offer him a fresh, new website. Since this was my first project, I decided to not obsess over the money part and just create something awesome that might help him. WCS is I get $0-1000 (or maybe more, who knows) and references for future customers. He is very known in the city so I'm quite sure I have very little to lose by helping him out.

Edit: he also told me they haven't been updating the website for like 12 years, and I noticed it's not even responsive. So I'm quite sure I can do much better than what they have now. A small problem is I know nothing about backend (for ordering products/requesting info) but I'll figure it out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.