The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Jobpreneur to Entreprenuer

The_A

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 23, 2018
SF Bay Area
Hi All,

Glad to be here. I have been a IT Consultant on and off for 14 years... decided to fully commit to consulting (not be an FTE again) about 2 years ago. I have the entrepreneurial spirit (sold candy in HS for 100% profit), but I've been wandering. Had a co-founder in 2017 in an attempt to grow the business, then we broke up shortly thereafter. Although painful at first, it was a blessing.

Stumbled on TMF and read it voraciously. It is THE ONE book that has connected the dots of my life experience, with actual tactical guidance. I knew my faults (polygamy, weak King and Queen)... but didn't know the impact or their role in the big picture. Combined with meeting with other cofounders gaining insight into their experiences and some game changing podcasts lately, I believe I have the fuel for the next stage.

Motivators:
- I live in Silicon Valley, one of the most expensive places in the US
- I am surrounded by people who work for Startup X or Y, work crazy hours. Some get payouts, some don't. Now I know their hitchhikers and why I shouldn't be with them.
- I want to build/fund a K-12 school where they don't have to do a bake sale or fundraiser
- I have so many ideas for needs that need to be filled, and want the flexibility to try business Polygamy and see which one pans out

Looking forward to the journey together!

Resources that have been useful to me in my recent journey:
Ditching Hourly
Zen Founder Podcast (Psychology Support for Founders)
How to Start a Startup
Million Dollar Consultant (currently reading)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend and thanks for the intro. Happy to hear the some folks in the Valley find my book helpful, it generally gets the snub out that way because I'm not a part of the sub-culture.

The_A

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Feb 23, 2018
SF Bay Area
Wow, talk about a S.U.C.S moment @MJ DeMarco. That was fast! Was AFK all weekend, been wanting to reply.

Right now trying to figure what to focus on for next steps...
A. Grow my consultancy and branding based on productized services. Ideally this will result in an exit.
B. Do A, but hopefully an App idea will come out of it.
C. Jump into an app idea now, and try to make it work
D. Sell a coffee related product on Amazon

Based on what I've read on the forum so far, it seems A or B are the best choice as they pivot on my strengths. I like D, but don't think it can be as lucrative as A or B. Lucky for me I like both consulting and coffee, but I've invested so much in my consulting and experience. #firstworldproblems

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wow, talk about a S.U.C.S moment @MJ DeMarco. That was fast! Was AFK all weekend, been wanting to reply.

Right now trying to figure what to focus on for next steps...
A. Grow my consultancy and branding based on productized services. Ideally this will result in an exit.
B. Do A, but hopefully an App idea will come out of it.
C. Jump into an app idea now, and try to make it work
D. Sell a coffee related product on Amazon

Based on what I've read on the forum so far, it seems A or B are the best choice as they pivot on my strengths. I like D, but don't think it can be as lucrative as A or B. Lucky for me I like both consulting and coffee, but I've invested so much in my consulting and experience. #firstworldproblems
I’d consider “Grow what you know” first.

I talk about that in the second radio interview linked to in my signature.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...