The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO From Jobpreneur to Entreprenuer

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

The_A

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Feb 23, 2018
SF Bay Area
Hi All,

Glad to be here. I have been a IT Consultant on and off for 14 years... decided to fully commit to consulting (not be an FTE again) about 2 years ago. I have the entrepreneurial spirit (sold candy in HS for 100% profit), but I've been wandering. Had a co-founder in 2017 in an attempt to grow the business, then we broke up shortly thereafter. Although painful at first, it was a blessing.

Stumbled on TMF and read it voraciously. It is THE ONE book that has connected the dots of my life experience, with actual tactical guidance. I knew my faults (polygamy, weak King and Queen)... but didn't know the impact or their role in the big picture. Combined with meeting with other cofounders gaining insight into their experiences and some game changing podcasts lately, I believe I have the fuel for the next stage.

Motivators:
- I live in Silicon Valley, one of the most expensive places in the US
- I am surrounded by people who work for Startup X or Y, work crazy hours. Some get payouts, some don't. Now I know their hitchhikers and why I shouldn't be with them.
- I want to build/fund a K-12 school where they don't have to do a bake sale or fundraiser
- I have so many ideas for needs that need to be filled, and want the flexibility to try business Polygamy and see which one pans out

Looking forward to the journey together!

Resources that have been useful to me in my recent journey:
Ditching Hourly
Zen Founder Podcast (Psychology Support for Founders)
How to Start a Startup
Million Dollar Consultant (currently reading)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Welcome my friend and thanks for the intro. Happy to hear the some folks in the Valley find my book helpful, it generally gets the snub out that way because I'm not a part of the sub-culture.

OP
OP
T

The_A

New Contributor
Feb 23, 2018
SF Bay Area
Wow, talk about a S.U.C.S moment @MJ DeMarco. That was fast! Was AFK all weekend, been wanting to reply.

Right now trying to figure what to focus on for next steps...
A. Grow my consultancy and branding based on productized services. Ideally this will result in an exit.
B. Do A, but hopefully an App idea will come out of it.
C. Jump into an app idea now, and try to make it work
D. Sell a coffee related product on Amazon

Based on what I've read on the forum so far, it seems A or B are the best choice as they pivot on my strengths. I like D, but don't think it can be as lucrative as A or B. Lucky for me I like both consulting and coffee, but I've invested so much in my consulting and experience. #firstworldproblems

Andy Black

Dad, husband, entrepreneur.
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wow, talk about a S.U.C.S moment @MJ DeMarco. That was fast! Was AFK all weekend, been wanting to reply.

Right now trying to figure what to focus on for next steps...
A. Grow my consultancy and branding based on productized services. Ideally this will result in an exit.
B. Do A, but hopefully an App idea will come out of it.
C. Jump into an app idea now, and try to make it work
D. Sell a coffee related product on Amazon

Based on what I've read on the forum so far, it seems A or B are the best choice as they pivot on my strengths. I like D, but don't think it can be as lucrative as A or B. Lucky for me I like both consulting and coffee, but I've invested so much in my consulting and experience. #firstworldproblems
I’d consider “Grow what you know” first.

I talk about that in the second radio interview linked to in my signature.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Out of curiosity, what types of businesses are you advising on? (I read this whole thread...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just bought 5 of your Upwork courses. Thanks for making valuable content Lex!
MARKETPLACE Fox' Web School's "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Thanks for the detailed response. I see it similar, in the beginning, you have only a small...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Thanks for your offer to look at my book. Here's the link to the squeeze page Buy The Prosperous...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
The day I can afford to pay 800 a month to have someone keep me accountable is the day I've won...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom