That's the goal. Well, sort of. It's really more like: create something of value, lend to government, retire.. but "bureaucrat to billionaire" sounds way cooler.
About me: Grew up in south Jersey, my heart is in Colorado, currently an accountant for the Air Force and (finally) finishing my degree in economics at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
I read (listened to) both of MJ's books a couple months ago while surrounded by the oppressive and depressive walls of my cubicle, filling in and color coding Excel cells as a cog in the wheels of the biggest bureaucracy in the world: the US DoD. I've always had an entrepreneur's voice in my head, having owned and operated a live music venue at the tender age of 18 (albeit under the government's radar). Yet, 17 years later, here I sit in my orange fabric lined, florescent lit, cage trading away precious minutes of my life for pieces of paper. Fastlane and Unscripted turned that voice into a roar that I can no longer ignore.
I don't own patents and my ideas are still in the works, so I'm not quite comfortable discussing them yet. But soon. Very soon.
As alluring as the dream of a life of leisure and freedom may be, my real inspiration is my mother. No savings, no education, body failing, nothing in Social Security and owes more on her house now than when she bought it in '89. My sisters couldn't give less of a shit, so it's an obligation I bear, welcome, and will deliver on.
Glad to be here. Cheers.
About me: Grew up in south Jersey, my heart is in Colorado, currently an accountant for the Air Force and (finally) finishing my degree in economics at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
I read (listened to) both of MJ's books a couple months ago while surrounded by the oppressive and depressive walls of my cubicle, filling in and color coding Excel cells as a cog in the wheels of the biggest bureaucracy in the world: the US DoD. I've always had an entrepreneur's voice in my head, having owned and operated a live music venue at the tender age of 18 (albeit under the government's radar). Yet, 17 years later, here I sit in my orange fabric lined, florescent lit, cage trading away precious minutes of my life for pieces of paper. Fastlane and Unscripted turned that voice into a roar that I can no longer ignore.
I don't own patents and my ideas are still in the works, so I'm not quite comfortable discussing them yet. But soon. Very soon.
As alluring as the dream of a life of leisure and freedom may be, my real inspiration is my mother. No savings, no education, body failing, nothing in Social Security and owes more on her house now than when she bought it in '89. My sisters couldn't give less of a shit, so it's an obligation I bear, welcome, and will deliver on.
Glad to be here. Cheers.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
