The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From £6000 in debt to a networth of £1M in 11 months

Should i write a guide on How to start an online store and launch it in 1 week with zero coding expe

• Total voters

wizz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 20, 2016
Stoke on trent United Kingdom
Hello all. This is my first post and i'm buzzing as im writing it.

From £6000 in debt to £1M in my bank in 11 months.
P.S (Friendly note) If you are going to comment please keep the comments positive and useful otherwise its non of my business what you have to say.

Welcome to the best progress report in 2017 ;).
Introduction
Hi all, Im a 23 year old male based in the UK. I have an education up to university level, but I quit university last year in July. I live on my own, I have a job and I wear matching socks lol. I was born in Africa and moved to the Uk when I was 17 to come live with my parents. My parents are in the middle class, they are not rich (atleast not until their son becomes a millionaire this year). I believe I can accomplish anything I want to accomplish ( meaning I believe in the law of attraction- we become what we think about). That's my background in a nutshell.

Where I am and where I am going

As the title states, financially im about £6000 in debt (Not for long :) ) from the poor financial decisions I made in the past. One of the biggest lessons I learned is, If you are going to use a credit card, always pay it off at the end of the month or clear it as soon as its possible. If you just pay the minimum amount required , the amount you owe will build up and become even harder to pay off. I work 4 nights a week to get about £1200 at the end of the month. I have a start up business which I occasionally earn some money from ( more on this later). Those are my 2 current sources of income. My financial goal is to have £1 000 000 of my own money in the bank/paypal by end of November 2017. I have a lot of ideas, I have tons to execute, I have fantabulous and empowering journey ahead of me my friends. I hope to share all that i learn along the way through this progress thread and to blow your mind (Inspire you) with the amazing things I shall be doing.

I will be updating this thread weekly, but whenever something major happens, ill update asap. Right this is it for now. Ive got to go, tonight im adding to my sources of income by building and launching an online store yay. I started creating it yesterday and will be ready and launched by end of this week.

Idea- when my online store is ready, i could do a quick guide/ e-book Titled: How to start an online store and launch it in 1 week with zero coding experience and £6 in the bank.
Maybe sell the guide for £1.99. I only just had this idea as im writting this. I'll create a Poll so that you boys and girls (hence forth guys refers to both genders) can vote on the validity of the idea

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
I wouldn't even think about trying to write a guide right now. You're in debt at the moment and need to focus on building your own business/online store. You don't have time right now to even think of writing a guide on how to do it. Take some notes along the way, document your progress and then we'll see. You don't even know if you'll make the money you're seeking, but I have every reason to believe that you actually will make it to your 1 million, eventually, with hard work. Focus on making your product as great as possible and over deliver on your service.

Good luck.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
P.S (Friendly note) If you are going to comment please keep the comments positive and useful otherwise its non of my business what you have to say.

So no constructive criticism allowed? No alternative viewpoints? Nothing to challenge your beliefs? Just by this sentence it sounds like you took the university with you when you left.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
So no constructive criticism allowed? No alternative viewpoints? Nothing to challenge your beliefs? Just by this sentence it sounds like you took the university with you when you left.

Featured+

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just wanted to wish you a welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I had to move your thread as it violates forum rules regarding "Declaration threads" -- see here:

IMPORTANT! - Effective Immediately... (Re: Declaration Threads)

Hope you stick around and your vision comes true so this can be removed from the landfill.

wizz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 20, 2016

Hi im sorry if I did not word that statement right. All those are exactly some of the reasons why i started the progress thread. Ill change it and word it better. I hope to hear from you with some awesome constructive criticism and ternative viewpoints ;)

wizz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 20, 2016
Just wanted to wish you a welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, I had to move your thread as it violates forum rules regarding "Declaration threads" -- see here:

IMPORTANT! - Effective Immediately... (Re: Declaration Threads)

Hope you stick around and your vision comes true so this can be removed from the landfill.

Hi thank you for the welcome and if im not mistaken this forum is yours, so thank you for creating it, its beyond awesome. Ok no problem. When its time you ill be glad to see my thread go back where it belongs.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
LOL.... A for Passion and Zeal.

Go get that paper mane. But... I HIGHLY recommend you read M.J's book Millionaire Fastlane before you start. Don't just start random businesses hoping something will work out - .... Find a NEED/a PROBLEM that needs to be solved that people or businesses would be willing to pay for ..... that's where you should start a business. This is all covered in the book and MUCHHHHH more.

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Don't tell me that you're going to get rich in 11 months. Don't tell me what you want to get.
7 billion people in the world right now want to get rich.
Instead tell me exactly and in detail what you're going and willing to give/do/solve to achieve that.
Then and only then I may be inclined to trust that you're not deluded.
Do 1 thing and tell me that you did it instead of claiming to do a million things with nothing to show yet.

That's tough love I know and I wish you luck but... common duuude...

wizz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 20, 2016
Don't tell me that you're going to get rich in 11 months. Don't tell me what you want to get.
7 billion people in the world right now want to get rich.
Instead tell me exactly and in detail what you're going and willing to give/do/solve to achieve that.
Then and only then I may be inclined to trust that you're not deluded.
Do 1 thing and tell me that you did it instead of claiming to do a million things with nothing to show yet.

That's tough love I know and I wish you luck but... common duuude...

Hi, my wording is a bit poor, a skill im working to improve. That being said this is not a "want" its a goal. Ive have written down and im still writing down all the steps to attaining my goal that the creative genius within reveals to me. I liked what you said "Instead tell me exactly and in detail what you're going and willing to give/do/solve to achieve that. I started this thread so that i could do exactly that. Share what im doing in order to inspire and get help. The 1st post was meant to be an introduction, hence the lack of full details. Keep up with the thread my friend and every week ill update with a review of last weeks goals/ relevant events etc and also go through new goals for that week. At the moment though, ive made progress on my online shop. Let me know if you want to check it out (AM I ALLOWED TO POST A LINK ON THIS THREAD?).

Keep up the tough love.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Keep up the tough love.
All right I got you.

That being said this is not a "want" its a goal.
You obviously want your goals. You don't want a million bucks? C'mon bro.

( meaning I believe in the law of attraction- we become what we think about).
Throw this out the window. Trust me it doesn't work. Gurus just sell that idea to people to make money. Yes you need to have belief that you can do it, because if you don't think you can you will never be able to. But if you just think about it all day while watching tv and playing video games, you will never come close.

wizz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Oct 20, 2016
You obviously want your goals. You don't want a million bucks? C'mon bro.

My goal is to earn a million pounds. I'm going for it bro ;)

Throw this out the window. Trust me it doesn't work. Gurus just sell that idea to people to make money. Yes you need to have belief that you can do it, because if you don't think you can you will never be able to. But if you just think about it all day while watching tv and playing video games, you will never come close.

You are right about just thinking positive without any action. No matter what my state of mind is, if Im not executing/putting in all the work and actions I can possibly do to get me to my goal, then i might as well sit down watch tv, play video games and find a favorite take away to seal the deal. I get it bro, action is a must. I have been taking action towards my goals, but I realized today that I have been mostly taking the easy actions and putting aside the big ones . So im going to break down my goal from a 1 year goal to monthly ones, break the monthly one into weekly goals and break the weekly goals into daily tasks. These daily tasks (easy or hard) are what i will concentrate on archiving that day and hence everyday move towards the attainment of my goal. Goal setting is a new habit to me so im still finding what works for me, but i believe breaking it down will give me clarity and enable me to make better decisions about needs to be done (action that i must take).

dave773

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Dec 29, 2016
australia
You remind me of a crazy guy I met while traveling.

He would make ridiculous statements like becoming a tycoon man 10 years from now but then he would just go to the strip club every week, get drunk, do something stupid, promise to quit and it was the last time.. then repeat the cycle. I'm not saying this is you but you just sound like him.

I did learn something from the guy though, he was very persistent when he wanted something and you could say horrible things to his face and he would just laugh and not care.

So good luck, but first try to earn $1 before you earn $1m.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi thank you for the welcome and if im not mistaken this forum is yours, so thank you for creating it, its beyond awesome. Ok no problem. When its time you ill be glad to see my thread go back where it belongs.

I hope so. Everyone here truly wants you to succeed -- it's just that "I'm going to make $X millions!" helps no one so we tend to push these aside until there is something actionable, mindful, or mind-blowing. :)

Jambla

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 2, 2015
UK
Hopefully one day you will read this thread, look back and laugh.

You will realise how ridiculous your goal was. I suggest you read the book if you haven't and also read all the gold threads you can. Concentrate on a more realistic goal like making your first £500 in a month from your business. Build from that and when you have a successful business you will have realistic ideas and measurable ways to increase your worth.

I think positive thinking is important but I don't believe in the law of attraction. Its not going to happen by just thinking about it, its going to take a lot of hard work and sacrifices.

IamWebber

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 14, 2016
Focus on making a million life's better, making a million life's simpler, easier or more comfortable. Make that your goal and the money will seem a little less important.

regilmour

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Dec 1, 2016
Boston
"I work 4 nights a week to get about £1200 at the end of the month."

If you are not in school you should be working and making a lot more than this. Get another job. Occupy your time with making money from side jobs and working on your business.

Pay off your debt ASAP

read this, its a gold mine personal finance • /r/personalfinance

Before you start a business you need to be at least somewhat financially savy with your money, cant be racking up a £6,000 credit card bill at 23 years old, you are too old for that shit.

Best of luck, everybody is rooting for you

Last edited:

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
Here's the problem with this kind of "goal":

It's out of your control.

You have no control over how much you make in 11 months.

You only control what you do. How you invest your time and effort.

So make another goal. Make it practical, measurable, with a time limit, and make it small.

Those things compound.

Hoping to average over $3000 a day from nothing compounds to nothing.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
make any sales?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.