The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Effective Immediately... (Re: Declaration Threads)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Effective immediately, any thread titled with ridiculous BOLD DECLARATIONS backed by little detail will be immediately moved to the LANDFILL. I don't care if it's a progress thread, a rant, or an introduction.

Not sure what I mean?

Here's a few...

"I'm going to become a billionaire by the time I'm 25! How do I move out of my parents house?"
"Watch me make $250K/mo this year! How do I learn to code?
"Meet the next Fastlane millionaire! I'm gonna get started by launching a fitness blog!"
"I'm gonna buy a Bugatti and I will post pictures!"

This threads simply aren't good for the forum and do not represent what Fastlane is, and should be, about. If I was new here and saw a bunch of this shit, I'd be like WTF? And then I'd leave.

The only exception will be if there is already substantial action in place. For example, if your new business already has $500,000 in revenue and $250,000 in profit, you have legitimate reasons to make such a post. Please remove doubt and post your process, what you learned and what obstacles lie ahead. If it sounds like your pipe dreaming or short on detail, it will be moved, or worse, deleted.

Basically, if you're stating BOLD DREAMS but show WEAK EXECUTION or knowledge into process, the thread is going bye-bye.

Thank you,
~ The Management

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
There has been quite an increase of late. Good move to draw a line in the sand now before it gets out of hand. I for one won't miss them.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I think the members are doing a good job of taking care of their own.

True, but it's an issue of clutter.

Those action-faker threads dilute the signal to noise ratio and the cleaner that ratio is, the more value this place has.

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the members are doing a good job of taking care of their own.

Yes, but it's the non-members, passers-by, I'm worried about.

The latest thread of this type actually had some decent details but the bold thread titles always are a turn-off.

ddall

continuous self-improvement
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto, ON
The braggadocio needs to be replaced with humility and quiet resolve. I think too many would be entrepreneurs are encouraged by certain literature stating that the making a social contract with your goals establishes accountability, or that bold affirmations in any medium will ensure success. Perhaps writing down your own personal goals and looking at it daily would be a better solution.

It's very easy to make a bold claim and derive some sort of satisfaction believing you have now initiated the first steps to the life of your dreams. Happy a lid will be placed on these action faking claims

• Admin

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Anyway to keep landfill threads from appearing in the "Recently Commented" block on the front page?

Yup, Landfill threads are moved here...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/forums/the-landfill.143/

Any updates to them do not show on either the forum page updates blocks, or in your new posts link.

Also, if you feel anything thread belongs in there, please tag me and mention LANDFILL.

Please keep in mind, WE DO HAVE AN OFF-TOPIC section-- so anything off-topic is not necessarily landfill stuff.

I'm looking for ridiculous stuff... like last week I deleted some thread/video about Jon Snow. Hell, that didn't even belong in the landfill but needed to be obliterated into nothingness.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Effective immediately, any thread titled with ridiculous BOLD DECLARATIONS backed by little detail will be immediately moved to the LANDFILL. I don't care if it's a progress thread, a rant, or an introduction.

Not sure what I mean?

Here's a few...

"I'm going to become a billionaire by the time I'm 25! How do I move out of my parents house?"
"Watch me make $250K/mo this year! How do I learn to code?
"Meet the next Fastlane millionaire! I'm gonna get started by launching a fitness blog!"
"I'm gonna buy a Bugatti and I will post pictures!"

This threads simply aren't good for the forum and do not represent what Fastlane is, and should be, about. If I was new here and saw a bunch of this shit, I'd be like WTF? And then I'd leave.

The only exception will be if there is already substantial action in place. For example, if your new business already has $500,000 in revenue and $250,000 in profit, you have legitimate reasons to make such a post. Please remove doubt and post your process, what you learned and what obstacles lie ahead. If it sounds like your pipe dreaming or short on detail, it will be moved, or worse, deleted.

Basically, if you're stating BOLD DREAMS but show WEAK EXECUTION or knowledge into process, the thread is going bye-bye.

Thank you,
~ The Management

Damn it. Every time I think I am cool, you come in and be cooler. Love this. I'd give you speed, but that would be like giving Whitney Houston more crack. (too soon?)

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Yup, Landfill threads are moved here...

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/forums/the-landfill.143/

Any updates to them do not show on either the forum page updates blocks, or in your new posts link.

Also, if you feel anything thread belongs in there, please tag me and mention LANDFILL.

Please keep in mind, WE DO HAVE AN OFF-TOPIC section-- so anything off-topic is not necessarily landfill stuff.

I'm looking for ridiculous stuff... like last week I deleted some thread/video about Jon Snow. Hell, that didn't even belong in the landfill but needed to be obliterated into nothingness.

this. is. great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. L

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Apr 7, 2015
But if OP delivers by accident then it will be moved back to the visible forum, right? Right?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

James Thornton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Oct 31, 2014
It's always nicer when there's a curator. (and a Gold filter)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks MJ.

Our first words set the tone. Titles that start with "I want" are a dead giveaway.

I love threads where people tell us what they've done and learned, rather than what they want and plan.

I also wonder why people need to post in public forums to get "accountability". If you need to do that to motivate yourself, then you may need to find a better "why".

Last edited:

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'd pay an extra $20 on my INSIDERS's fees to have access to this section.

The landfill? It's an accessible subsection in the off-topic forum. I don't think I'm understanding...

RHL

EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks MJ for cleaning up! Threads like those can really drag down the first impressions of the forum as seen by casual visitors, and to old members they're just annoying as f*ck.

I love threads where people tell us what they've done and learned, rather than what they want and plan.

You hit the nail on the head there. That's essentially the core essence of quality content. It's great having a plan and a vision, but unless it's backed up by specific (and realistic!) action steps, it's no different than a wishlist for Santa.

LLiriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 4, 2014
South Florida
Great move @MJ DeMarco Being one of the new guys here, I was slightly turned off by these post. As I was looking at old posts, I realized the crowd was different in a mature way and I was more attracted to that tone.

On a side note, I'm almost done planning my strategy for an online business and intend to share the experience with the forum. I believe it will be of value since I am starting with ZERO dollars.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Great move @MJ DeMarco Being one of the new guys here, I was slightly turned off by these post. As I was looking at old posts, I realized the crowd was different in a mature way and I was more attracted to that tone.

On a side note, I'm almost done planning my strategy for an online business and intend to share the experience with the forum. I believe it will be of value since I am starting with ZERO dollars.
So you read this post and then you create this: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...ar-online-business-within-12-15-months.62224/

HKVmn75.jpg

LLiriano

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 4, 2014
South Florida
@theag There's a lot of people on this forum that are afraid to take action. I'm not making a bold claim, I'm simply stating I'm building an online business and sharing the process somewhat like what @JasonR did with his thread. If you guys believe I shouldn't share it, until its achieved I understand. I have no problem deleting the thread, Just figured it would be valuable to share the process.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007