The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From making $6000 in a week to nothing

Anything related to matters of the mind

BucketHolly

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 27, 2017
Philippines
I started my beta launch back in March and was able to get $6000 in less than a week. But after I did a relaunch in June, I got nothing. It really struck my ego and self-confidence. I don't know if I should still pursue this business. I don't know if I'm just hardheaded with my product or I am just not capable to work on my own business. I've been working on my relaunch again for 4 months now and still hasn't launched yet. My self-confidence is really low and I am not sure how I can move past this. Someone got any fix for this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Why did you get 6k in the first month? What actions led to that?

Why didn't your relaunch work out? What was different?

Take some time to really analyze and learn from your wins and losses. Then, re-calibrate and take another shot.

Remember, it's nothing personal so try to keep your head up. Failure is a part of the game.

Dylan_91

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jan 28, 2017
Florida
I started my beta launch back in March and was able to get $6000 in less than a week. But after I did a relaunch in June, I got nothing. It really struck my ego and self-confidence. I don't know if I should still pursue this business. I don't know if I'm just hardheaded with my product or I am just not capable to work on my own business. I've been working on my relaunch again for 4 months now and still hasn't launched yet. My self-confidence is really low and I am not sure how I can move past this. Someone got any fix for this?

I had 100k 4 years ago at a young age, debt free I felt free. I lost it all, the complete opposite, WITH debt. I went into a pit wasting a year or two with an aimless not giving a F*ck and just doing minimalist shit. Don't do that. I BARELY missed investing in Tesla, I BARELY missed Amazon, I BARELY missed the big hit on Bitcoin. All almost one click away decisions, almost guaranteed would have made a millionaire, actual pondered decisions in their early days.

Failures are natural. I just saw a cool video earlier on Facebook - Go look up the history of Lamborghini and see how many times it has been passed around or met with a huge failure in its history.

Guess what - Doesn't F*cking matter because I can't change yesterday.

At this point - What was different between the launches? How much engagement did you have between launches, did people think you disappeared? Look through the eyes of the customer.

Also something I've learned - business is not about me, has nothing to do with me but what I do to craft it. So dont take anything personally.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

smark

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 25, 2017
(Please excuse my long personal introduction, but I felt like I had to write this for you to fully take in what I had to to say.)
Even though I've been reading the forum for months and months on end, I only signed up one day ago. But the advice, encouragement, and knowledge I gained from that single day, are more than I could have ever asked for.

I am now in the process of starting an eCommerce brand revolving around ONE single product. The product, though an improvement on something that has literally been around for centuries, will be hard to sell. It's a BORING product. Due to its nature, it has a very low customer lifetime value, and virtually minimal prospects for repeat customers.

Did I mention that I've almost burnt through most of my (tiny) budget getting it designed?

It doesn't matter though. As a rookie to business, I intend to make this work for as long possible, and then get out with as much profit as possible (hopefully). I am doing this to learn. Everything else gained from this, is just a bonus. In all aspects, I am bound to FAIL, and that's okay. You however, are bound to SUCCEED.

Knowledge and past experiences, are an entrepreneur's greatest assets on his way forward.

As someone who has gotten $6,000 in less than a week, you are more than capable of repeating that feat again any time in the future. For you to gather that much money in that short period of time, is an obvious sign that the demand for whatever it is you're offering is there.

Other forum members before me have posted lots of useful advice. Take advantage of that, learn from your mistakes, and make yourself proud with your achievements.

We are all by your side. Good luck, and if possible, keep us posted.

BucketHolly

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Oct 27, 2017
Philippines
Thank y'all for your wonderful and helpful comments. They are very encouraging. I figured what's the difference in my beta launch and my re-launch. The social media engagement was non-existent for three months. And the very frustrating thing is that my social media manager didn't even tell me about it.

For the past month, we are reviving the social media engagement and it's doing pretty good. This week will be focused on promoting the three video series that I made as the seduction process for my relaunch again next week. Hopefully, it will go really well. I have been working on this relaunch for more than three months now and patience is escaping me.

I also started meeting with a life coach to help me deal with my personal issues. I feel that she is a big help to reduce feeling down. I am really hopeful to get more sales this time.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Then something changed in the value proposition...

The value itself...
The messaging...
Or the channel that hits the audience...
I have a hunch it is the second...messaging.
Why the second relaunch?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.