The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FREE chat about your Google Ads campaigns

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
A lot of businesses and people are suffering at the moment.

If you want a quick chat about your Google Ads campaigns (or know someone who might) then just message me and we can schedule something.

Stay safe,
Andy

EDIT: Make sure to check out this too:
  • C0VlD-19: Ad credits for Google Ads Small and Medium-sized Businesses

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump. I've chatted to a couple of people so far and hopefully pointed them in a good direction.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Bobby_italy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jan 19, 2016
I hope you’re all safe in Italy @Bobby_italy.

Curious what your takeaways were from our chat.
My main takeaway was to just do it and keep it simple, I've been researching "competitors" on google and they have working websites yet their landing pages from google are completely separated with a call to action and a brief explanation of what they do.
So yeah I will make about 5 different landing pages for our services and proceed how you explained, initially advertise for our area and slowly expand to all the areas where we can work.

Thanks again man!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@DrWumbo ... I believe you implemented a few things from our call and it's helped. Good for you.

Anyone else?

VTK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Dec 14, 2018
@DrWumbo ... I believe you implemented a few things from our call and it's helped. Good for you.

Anyone else?

Would be seriously awesome to pick your brain on a few things Andy. We're in tourism and obviously got floored by the Corona but will be good to go as soon as things chill out. Really trying to get the backend of the business optimised while we've got a break. I think we've got a decent list of keywords to target but I've got no idea where to start when it comes to trying to tap into lesser relevance but far higher traffic search terms.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alxf

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Feb 28, 2021
Japan
Just had a great chat with Andy the other day. I really can't believe he's willing to get on a call with newbs like us for free!

Here are some takeaways:
  1. There are SO many things that I didn't know that I didn't know about Google ads!
  2. The CPC values that google lists are just suggestions, so don't be scared off from using ads because of high costs for some keywords
  3. Even if your site ranks high for some terms, there are plenty of useful terms that it's probably not ranking for
  4. ... and it's impossible to just guess what those useful search terms are!
  5. You can get a LOT of value with google ads, as a research tool, quickly, and for very little money
  6. You can and should do ads *BEFORE* you start with content creation since ads will let you know *what* kind of content (or least what phrases) people are looking for. I was going to do this backwards.
  7. The quality of your website matters.. but it's not a reason to put off doing testing
  8. Google Ads looks significantly more complicated than they are.
  9. ... but it's still mind-bending at first. I see why biz owners don't want to learn this, why it's usually not done well, and why people want it done for them.
  10. It's fine to load hundreds, thousands, etc campaigns, groups, etc in to Google ads
  11. Don't exclude people (audiences) because of pre-concaved notions. A local business might have customers who are not local for reasons that we don't know. If they are searching for a local term, show them your ad.
  12. There's a reasonably systematic way to set up google ads to use as lead gen for local services. The process just requires some tweaking - not inventing from scratch
  13. If I can figure out how to do this for my business, I can help other businesses.. and make money in a scalable way.
If you are at all thinking about Google Ads (and even if you are not, but need to work on reaching audiences), talk to Andy. He's frustratingly helpful, and I got the feeling that he really, really DOESN'T want to sell you anything.. even if you want to buy.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just had a great chat with Andy the other day. I really can't believe he's willing to get on a call with newbs like us for free!

Here are some takeaways:
  1. There are SO many things that I didn't know that I didn't know about Google ads!
  2. The CPC values that google lists are just suggestions, so don't be scared off from using ads because of high costs for some keywords
  3. Even if your site ranks high for some terms, there are plenty of useful terms that it's probably not ranking for
  4. ... and it's impossible to just guess what those useful search terms are!
  5. You can get a LOT of value with google ads, as a research tool, quickly, and for very little money
  6. You can and should do ads *BEFORE* you start with content creation since ads will let you know *what* kind of content (or least what phrases) people are looking for. I was going to do this backwards.
  7. The quality of your website matters.. but it's not a reason to put off doing testing
  8. Google Ads looks significantly more complicated than they are.
  9. ... but it's still mind-bending at first. I see why biz owners don't want to learn this, why it's usually not done well, and why people want it done for them.
  10. It's fine to load hundreds, thousands, etc campaigns, groups, etc in to Google ads
  11. Don't exclude people (audiences) because of pre-concaved notions. A local business might have customers who are not local for reasons that we don't know. If they are searching for a local term, show them your ad.
  12. There's a reasonably systematic way to set up google ads to use as lead gen for local services. The process just requires some tweaking - not inventing from scratch
  13. If I can figure out how to do this for my business, I can help other businesses.. and make money in a scalable way.
If you are at all thinking about Google Ads (and even if you are not, but need to work on reaching audiences), talk to Andy. He's frustratingly helpful, and I got the feeling that he really, really DOESN'T want to sell you anything.. even if you want to buy.
Thanks for posting your notes @Alxf.

"frustratingly helpful". Lol. I've not had that before!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.