The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forever Jobless has launched!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Now live: Forever Jobless

Thanks for all the peer pressure to get this thing going.

Would really appreciate sharing it with anyone you think it'd be helpful to.

Would love to see some fastlaners responding in the blog comments.

Really looking forward to getting your thoughts on it.

:thankyousign:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Being jobless and being unemployed are two completely different things. I will never have a "job" again, but that doesn't mean I am unemployed. Verial, hang around this place a lot more and you will gain a deep appreciation for the distinction of those two terms.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Before I would sign up, I would like to know why I should listen to you. How successful are you?

To me, this looks like one of those FastLanes where you get rich telling other people how to get rich.

BWA HA HA HA HA - this is a good one.

When Bill flew out to B&P last year he had to purchase a second seat FOR ALL HIS CASH

True story.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
My new post is up. Anything you guys could do to help share this on any forums you participate in, or blogs, Facebook, twitter, etc... would be hugely appreciated. I started the blog without people really knowing who I am at all, so it's all grassroots whether it gets in front of people or not. Thanks guys, loved seeing so many fastlane guys in the comments of the first post:

How to Buy a Ferrari for $20k

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
My earlier post got cut off.

I don't know who YOU are...is all I'm saying. It looks like others have vouched for you on this board, but what about visitors landing on your site who know nothing about you? I don't think there's anything wrong with qualifying the fact you are a millionaire, successful, etc.

I'm not saying that you aren't successful. What I'm saying is that I don't know who you are, and it's not explained very well on your website. Tell me WHY I should sign up on your page...sell me...make me believe. ;)

I don't disagree with you. There's a reason I don't tell everything/oversell myself on there on my first posts. I understand that's the opposite of what most internet marketers would do, but I do things a bit differently, and I've got a reason behind it. I will explain later more in depth about this if people are interested.

Is it optimal? I'm not sure. I prefer it this way though.

Keep in mind too that I'm the same guy that through anything I've done- professional p0ker player, starting a p0ker company, starting an e-commerce company- I've rarely talked about any of it publicly outside of B+P meet ups. So, for me to go from not even telling anyone what businesses I ran, to running around saying, "I'm rich!" to the entire internet right out of the gate would be a stretch for me.

Part of the reason it took me so long to start blogging is because I like privacy, and prefer to make money rather than talking about making it.

There's no huge motivation for me to convince a lot of people to follow my blog for the reasons I mentioned in the previous posts- I don't need to make money off them. My motivations are different than other bloggers, so I don't need people to follow me. I think I can help a lot of people, so I am going to enjoy that aspect of it. But trying to be overly self-promoting about anything I've done before is not really my style anyways, and especially since I'm not 'blogging for bucks', so if certain people don't follow my blog because they haven't heard enough about me yet, that's okay with me.

Hope that explains it a bit. Again though, I don't disagree with you that many people might like more information who don't know me at all. :)

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
#3 over #1 slightly because he asked some really good questions.

I finally got to listen to the 3rd interview. I gotta say this one was my favorite as well as I think you shared a bit more info than in the previous ones. Kudos to the interviewer for that.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
I was wondering if you had any method to getting so many comments and likes!?!
The guy has helped a few hundred people here already. Right there he's got a lot of follows and likes.

Give a lot of value first, you will get value back.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Now live: Forever Jobless

Bill...

I say this with the utmost of respect as I've come to love your posts, theories, and opinion, but seriously bro, how is this "a launch?"

I see a Wordpress installation and not even one article. There's a "send me money" link and a MY STORY.

I'd hardly call this "a launch" as something like this takes a skilled WP person about 30 minutes to do. I could do it in an hour.

Would really appreciate sharing it with anyone you think it'd be helpful to.

What is there to share? Why would someone share? There's no content, articles, or value. Has someone hijacked Bill's account as this is the type of thing I'd expect you'd call out.

When you discussed "a launch" in the other thread, I envisioned a project with significant engineering and content (VALUE), very similar to BlueFireP0ker ... instead, I see something that looks like it could have been done in 1 day.

Am I missing something?

If you ask me, I think you owe everyone their $500. :p

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Not sure if maybe the first article isn't showing up for you:

Found it, thanks.

Most people who know how to make money, don’t blog. Most people who blog, don’t know how to make money.

I know if we can expect more of this from you, you'll acquire a loyal following quick, including me. Good luck. :)

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Site looks very clean.

Thank you! So, not too green for you? That's something we wanted to make sure- that it still read clean.

There's been a lot of people I have followed that went on to launching someone's product for a fee(just for the money, and the product was shit)

I don't promote shitty products. You'll notice the site is 100% ad free. The reason most bloggers promote shitty products is because they are 'blogging for bucks'. They don't make money, so they regurgitate what all the other blogs say, study copywriting/seo/guest blogging, etc... to get as much traffic as they can, and spam the shit out of their readers.

That's half the reason I wanted to get into that space.(the other being to meet more entrepreneurs) To put out information that is legit, since there's not much of it out there right now.

If/when I promote anything at all on the blog, it would only be because I thought it would be extremely valuable to people.

I don't need to make a dime on the blog to make a living. That's the flaw with the "make money" niche right now. They NEED people to buy their shit for them to survive. That's a flawed model if they're training people how to make money, because that says they aren't even able to do it themselves.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
awesome! how long ago did you get out of p0ker?
About one year ago! it really become a grind over the years as nice as it was in the beginning. ;D Overall p0ker was just another good paying JOB even through it shaped my mind in the way of thinking in EV just like you as i can see in your last blogpost! So i am very thankful for finding p0ker!

Also i love seeing businesses liker p0ker t0urnaments! If you work on your skills and make sure you are ahead of the competition it's just a numbers game. Sure you likly will need some luck to hit a home run in business just like in a p0ker t0urnament but if you keep grinding and keep working hard you will one day make it BIG.
I remeber me playing a sideevent of the EPT... it was the LAST t0urnament of the EPT and the next day i was flying home and i was stuck big time. As busted out of all the 5 t0urnaments i played and in cash games i was overall breakeven till i got it all in for 4 stacks in omaha getting 2 outed on the river by a drunk gambler... i was really on tilt and i remember right before the last t0urnament started i thought to myself "Why burn another buyin i should go back to the hotel and just call it a shitty day" but i decided to play! And well like i said if you try often enough you will get lucky some day and i did! I played really strong and i was really exicted because it would have been my first cash in a live event. On the bubble i lost a good hand vs. a slowplay and only had a few blinds left and i was really pissed! It looked like after all the bad luck it seemed like i would become the bubble boy in the last t0urnament of the EPT. Luckily i got TT right before the blinds would take a huge chuck of my stack and i obv shoved it in. 3 people called the allin and the flop was AJx i stand up swearing like hell and guess on my way out the river came and it was a T letting me quadruple up! Want an outstanding adrenaline kick! I was back! I was getting so many good cards and won so many flips i just couldn't believe it! Finally with 3 players left (both tournament pros) we made a deal which made it a great payday as i was second in chips! But the story isn't over yet... at the time i was also buying t0urnament shares at 2+2 and i had bought a shares from a player of the EPT as well... i didn't know his real name and how he looks... tunred out the guy making the tournament deal as the chipleader was the player that i staked! What a crazy day!

I will never forget this day and i think it's a great parabola for the business world as well! Never give up and always give your best and one day you will MAKE IT and you will make it BIG!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Here's a pretty in depth interview I did that just went live: ViperChill Interview

I talk about the gaps in the market that made me want to start BlueFirePoker, and share my launch process with businesses in comparison to how others would launch a business.

I talk about how I'm using the same launch process with Forever Jobless, and achieving the same results.

It's irrelevant what industry this process is used in -- it can be repeated over, and over, and over again if done correctly.

If it's helpful, please show Glen some love by commenting on the post.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Great job.. I have for years thought about a site, that would take years to get going, set up and create the value.

Just never took the year to do it.

So that's great, that you did that.

Thanks. Been thinking about taking another 6-12 months to build a project I've been piecing together. We'll see if I go through with it.

Definitely a different route. I find the homerun or nothing type businesses are much easier to stay interested in for me. When I try the smaller stuff, within a few weeks/months I'm bored.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'm in.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Great! Just followed you on twitter, facebook and signed up with email. Looking forward to reading your posts. Speed+

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Before I would sign up, I would like to know why I should listen to you.

There's probably a book worth of stuff I've written here. You can read it and see if it's helpful for you. No need to sell you on why you should or shouldn't. It's either helpful for you, or not. Chances are it will be, but you've gotta decide that yourself.

this looks like one of those FastLanes where you get rich telling other people how to get rich.

If that were the case, I guess I forgot to spam affiliate crap all over my blog like 99.99% of the blogs you see. The blog will make $0/month for a long time. It's probably the only "make money" blog on the internet right now that has zero monetization on purpose.

If you read my intro post there, you will see what my goals are with the site.

If my goal with it was to make a lot of money, I wouldn't be starting a blog. :) I can make substantially more starting businesses

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
My earlier post got cut off.

I don't know who YOU are...is all I'm saying. It looks like others have vouched for you on this board, but what about visitors landing on your site who know nothing about you? I don't think there's anything wrong with qualifying the fact you are a millionaire, successful, etc.

I'm not saying that you aren't successful. What I'm saying is that I don't know who you are, and it's not explained very well on your website. Tell me WHY I should sign up on your page...sell me...make me believe. ;)

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
"Professional p0ker player, entrepreneur, reluctant Internet blogger"

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
success/ and welcome-to-forever-jobless/ don't work for me (Internal Server Error). I went to your site this morning for 5 seconds to see it, but it still says "Get notified the second we launch." I don't remember entering my email address, and I got an email this morning asking to confirm my email address. Am I going crazy?

Gotchya. I totally understand the not talking but doing aspect (I'm like that myself). However, there are ways to qualify yourself without saying I'M RICH BITCH.

lol. Good luck...look forward to more of this.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Your continuing distrust of your writing ability has been puzzling, honestly. It never occured to me that your writing was amateurish, boring, or otherwise unfit for your blog. I think you're writing is perfectly fine! Great content too. Keep up the good work; I always look forward to new posts.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Some great content Billy, just shared the funny comic and link on my FB wall at TMF ... should get you some more readers. :)

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Snowbank, great job getting started. Re-read your opening, I think you missed the word " of "

First, a few words about most the books or blogs you read – forget about them.

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
Excellent! Read your first post and left a comment. I'm looking forward to further updates.

"Sign up below if you want me to send you money" - LOL!!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%