Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HOT! Forever Jobless has launched!

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%
I thought I knew of BlueFirePoker before when I read that article... Congrats Snowbank! Great to see you succeed!

Looking forward to more stuff from you.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%
Great job.. I have for years thought about a site, that would take years to get going, set up and create the value.

Just never took the year to do it.

So that's great, that you did that.

Thanks. Been thinking about taking another 6-12 months to build a project I've been piecing together. We'll see if I go through with it.

Definitely a different route. I find the homerun or nothing type businesses are much easier to stay interested in for me. When I try the smaller stuff, within a few weeks/months I'm bored.

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
62%
The person who interviewed you seemed like she was able to ask questions off the top of her head. Had you two gone over some things or talked about potential questions?

Jamie (the woman who interviewed snowbankl) was a user on this site... haven't seen her in a good while.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%
Can you tell us when you do the blog info about EV?

I have no idea what it is and would like to read what you write about it.

BTW is there any way you can notify people when you have a new post as you said you are going to be selective and do one per week or so?

Sort of like where can I sign up for your email list?

It's right on the top right of the site: Forever Jobless

Is it hard to notice?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
76%

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%

Sure. You know you'll get the email too now right :smxB:

I assume it will go up by Monday.(unless I end up posting something else first- since I have some backlogged content I've built up, and the EV post hasn't had a rough draft yet)

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%

you know it will email you anything i post to the blog if you subscribe to the updates right? :) i don't know if people wanted me bumping this thread every post i make.

i'll def post the EV one

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
246%
Can I recommend you create a page on your blog with links to your interviews and related pages?

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
76%
Has there been any content added since the Ferrari story?

I feel I am missing out on some things as I only see 2 stories.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%
Has there been any content added since the Ferrari story?

I feel I am missing out on some things as I only see 2 stories.

Nothing new on Forever Jobless -- I've been doing a bunch of content for other sites. Mainly interviews as was mentioned, and a long Q & A post.

Should be a new post up on the site very soon. I've been getting a lot of feedback on my writing, so I've held off on putting up some things I would have released already, to try and make the writing aspect as good as possible.

It's taking a long time because I have no writing experience. I got some advice recently that I agree with- - since I'm going the quality over quantity route anyways, why not just wait even longer to put things up, and make the writing as good as I can. So, that's what I'm trying to do.

I'm still on pace for how much content I wanted to put out on the site. Anywhere from 2-4 posts/month is probably right around where I'll stay.

Will be at least 1 more this month.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
433%
Just FYI, When I was on facebook this morning, I saw a 'sponsored link' for a site called Forever Jobless with a topic on how to get a Ferrari for $20k. This is probably the 5th time I've ever clicked on a facebook ad, probably because I remember seeing the page before. Good work.

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
76%
I may be completely off as I am not able to keep up with where you are posting blog posts, interview, videos and other sites you say you post on.

Followers are very valuable in my opinion. I thought there was a post earlier in this thread that said you have plenty of material already written so you will be able to update easily. Then I believe another post on the last post you say you are putting up the EV info on Monday.

I have looked at your blog more times than I have looked at all other blogs combined. I have NEVER liked anyones facebook page except relatives and real world friends until your fb page as I got caught up in your excitement about keeping up with all these venture.

Losing me is probably not a big thing but if others feel the same that might not be a good way to start this journey.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
246%
What made you prefer those over #2?

Audio and video.

I get way more out of a natural setting Q&A-type setting where topics come about somewhat impromptu. No matter how outlined an interview is, you will undoubtedly come up with other things to say during an audio/video interview. For me, it helps solidify what I am learning. I think I get more from the tone of voice and body language than the content sometimes. The more involved I am (hearing and seeing), the more I take away from it.I could probably listen to people like yourself talk about anything business for a week straight, whereas I often times get sidetracked in a 2,000 word article.

#3 over #1 slightly because he asked some really good questions.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%
I may be completely off as I am not able to keep up with where you are posting blog posts, interview, videos and other sites you say you post on.

If you subscribe to the email list, you get updates anytime I post anything to the blog.

If I do interviews for other sites, I often post them on my FB page.

I thought there was a post earlier in this thread that said you have plenty of material already written so you will be able to update easily. Then I believe another post on the last post you say you are putting up the EV info on Monday.

I have a lot of content written. As I've gotten feedback from the 2 posts that I have up, I realize that the writing could be better, and is possibly keeping the content from being spread to a wider audience. I've decided to take my time posting new material, spending extra time so that the writing doesn't hold the content back.

Losing me is probably not a big thing but if others feel the same that might not be a good way to start this journey.

Why would I "lose you"? You'd unsubscribe if I didn't post enough content??? Most people unsubscribe because people are putting out too much content that isn't good, and get annoyed by the emails.

There wouldn't really be a reason to unsubscribe if I'm waiting to deliver content that could be as high quality as possible.

The only reason I email anyone is if I think I have something valuable to share.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%
Just FYI, When I was on facebook this morning, I saw a 'sponsored link' for a site called Forever Jobless with a topic on how to get a Ferrari for $20k. This is probably the 5th time I've ever clicked on a facebook ad, probably because I remember seeing the page before. Good work.

Bloggers don't have money to spend on advertising! Must have been a fake. :smxB:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
420%
#3 over #1 slightly because he asked some really good questions.

I finally got to listen to the 3rd interview. I gotta say this one was my favorite as well as I think you shared a bit more info than in the previous ones. Kudos to the interviewer for that.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
226%
That is a good one right there..

Thanks.

Just in general, I'd be extremely curious to hear from people on how they think the writing is, in comparison to other posts, or stuff I've written on here, or presented at B & P. I've been trying to improve my writing, and any feedback(good or bad) is very appreciated.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
246%
Just in general, I'd be extremely curious to hear from people on how they think the writing is, in comparison to other posts, or stuff I've written on here, or presented at B & P. I've been trying to improve my writing, and any feedback(good or bad) is very appreciated.

I think this article was written well. But, I also think the first two were written well. As long as you don't say something like, "I think your smart" or "you can do this to," it doesn't bother me at all. Was there that big of a complaint about your first two posts?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.