The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First move with a bit of cash saved up but no skills? What is the absolute first step to allow you to provide value?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
What should be the first move to get you started making ENTREPRENEURIAL money? Is it coming up with an idea? Just learning a skill?

If you already have a decent bit of money, and you have your basic necessities (food, shelter, clothes, etc) taken care of, what is the first step to start making money through entrepreneurship? Should you focus on developing a skill? If so, what kind of skills are we talking about? Should you start somewhere and just adjust as you go? How do you distinguish good endeavors from bad ones?

Personally I have tried starting faceless instagram profiles. I grew my first one to 36.8k in about 2 months time. I got an offer for 400$ for it, but I turned it down (stupid mistake). The account is currently losing followers. I could probably have gotten more than $400 if I sold it at the absolute peak. I have now started another account since I now know which mistakes to avoid. But I'm doubting whether this is a worthwhile endeavor.

I am 15 btw.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rarehelge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 19, 2023
Norway
What should be the first move to get you started making ENTREPRENEURIAL money? Is it coming up with an idea? Just learning a skill?

If you already have a decent bit of money, and you have your basic necessities (food, shelter, clothes, etc) taken care of, what is the first step to start making money through entrepreneurship? Should you focus on developing a skill? If so, what kind of skills are we talking about? Should you start somewhere and just adjust as you go? How do you distinguish good endeavors from bad ones?

Personally I have tried starting faceless instagram profiles. I grew my first one to 36.8k in about 2 months time. I got an offer for 400$ for it, but I turned it down (stupid mistake). The account is currently losing followers. I could probably have gotten more than $400 if I sold it at the absolute peak. I have now started another account since I now know which mistakes to avoid. But I'm doubting whether this is a worthwhile endeavor.

I am 15 btw.
Hello Gubolo, fellow 15 year old here :)

I'm just as far as you when it comes to progressing in entrepreneurship. Although, i'm not an expert at this, that Instagram account of yours is truly impressive. Maybe you could offer a service for others who needs to grow their instagram account? Maybe you can experiment with some cheap ads to grow further? ( Visit @Andy Black for the best google ads content)

I'm sure there are small businesses who might need your help. If you know a few good ways to make a following on instagram, then thats a high value skill for sure.

Please keep me updated on your journey, good to see other 15 year olds here :)

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India

I am 15 btw.

Hey. Another 15yo here. This thread seems like a meeting place for 15yo s lmao.

These posts have helped me.

If you have made 36k followers in an account , thats great. You definitely know how to attract customers. Why dont you use the skills that you have here in helping others attract followers as well? The businesses that have 500 followers, for them 36k would be a lot. You never know when you may be valuable to someone.

The main 'learning' that I have got out of this forum (thanks @Andy Black ) is to develop your 'problem solving muscle', in other words - it is to help someone.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I am 15 btw.
Focus more on helping people than what you can get. Reread your opening post to see what I mean.

Then read this:

And watch these:

Trismigistus

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Sep 5, 2023
Pretty cool a bunch of 15 yr olds are starting at the time they are. Keep it up guys and I'm sure you will find success.

Gubolo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Dec 10, 2022
Hello Gubolo, fellow 15 year old here :)

I'm just as far as you when it comes to progressing in entrepreneurship. Although, i'm not an expert at this, that Instagram account of yours is truly impressive. Maybe you could offer a service for others who needs to grow their instagram account? Maybe you can experiment with some cheap ads to grow further? ( Visit @Andy Black for the best google ads content)

I'm sure there are small businesses who might need your help. If you know a few good ways to make a following on instagram, then thats a high value skill for sure.

Please keep me updated on your journey, good to see other 15 year olds here :)
Focus more on helping people than what you can get. Reread your opening post to see what I mean.

Then read this:

And watch these:

I'm not THAT good at it yet. That is why I have started another page too see if I can also grow that one. I'm thinking of it as a skill I'm practicing (growing short form social media accounts) than each of the accounts being an individual business. Then when I can grow accounts really fast an I'm confident in my skill, I'll start providing it as a service to other people. Sound like a good plan?

Rarehelge

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 19, 2023
Norway
I'm not THAT good at it yet. That is why I have started another page too see if I can also grow that one. I'm thinking of it as a skill I'm practicing (growing short form social media accounts) than each of the accounts being an individual business. Then when I can grow accounts really fast an I'm confident in my skill, I'll start providing it as a service to other people. Sound like a good plan?
yes, sounds good :)

What type of videos are you currently posting? Do you re-post other peoples videos?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Gubolo first challenge: Turn $1 into $2. Can you get that done in the next 24 hours?

Create an opportunity. Buy something, clean it up, sell it. Make a connections. Birddog. Get a commission.
Get used to finding and making deals.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
when I can grow accounts really fast an I'm confident in my skill, I'll start providing it as a service to other people. Sound like a good plan?
My issue with this is you're going to "learn" first before helping people.

What if you can help someone today? What if you can make a sale this week?

Did you watch the 8 minute video here:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
2nd task: get $1k US saved up in an investment account
we will use it to invest in yourself to get smarter / faster / stronger

3rd task: identify a need / potential business / opportunity / hustle OR identify someone to work with / for to do so

4th task: do that better than it has ever been done

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia

I am 15 btw.
Learn skills or test ideas?

Do both.

Have an idea and learn the skills needed to execute it along the way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.