The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Business Venture, was a bust but I know what I got myself into!

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 14, 2022
I decided F*** it and I went ahead and started a dropshipping business not for profit but rather experience. I knew I was throwing money down the drain on this venture but the experience value it provides me is more then enough for me to do it anyway. So here's what I did.

I began searching for products online, I wasn't looking for a problem to solve here and instead sold an oversaturated item like this weird looking dragon lighter thing, which is idiotic mistake #1.

il_fullxfull.4287580223_omv6.jpg

With this item I created a store on Shopify (idiotic mistake #2 by the way as it breaks CONTROL) and spent a 1$ for the full version to start selling, I setup the store and I created an organic TikTok video to advertise the product, it got 10 likes but no further engagement.

So I went ahead and spent 20$ on a TikTok ad to advertise it, The ad was aimed at a really specific group of people that's really controversial (idiot mistake #3 as this was asking to get wiped off the planet by these companies since I broke CONTROL). The ad did okay, it got clicks on the website.

1669156429347.png

Now here's the big question, did I get any sales? drum roll please........ a big fat NOPE! there were only a handful of people who put the item in their carts and then after looking at the fact that I only supported PayPal (idiotic mistake #4) they all just abandoned purchasing it.

1669156655147.png

Now what's the purpose of this post you may ask? Well it's to show what NOT to do when starting a business of any kind, The Product didn't solve a problem nor provided any value at all, the market was oversaturated to bits, I broke CONTROL, I aimed to advertise involving a really controversial topic annnnd I only supported PayPal.

I hope this post gives some insight as it gave me, I have no regrets.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
You shouldn't berate yourself though. Well done for trying & not throwing in the towel immediately. Whats the next idea then?

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 14, 2022
To be blunt, Not entirely sure, I'm most likely going to try doing this dropshipping business model again with the things I learned one last time which'll most likely fail but I'm expecting that. Then I'll see from there

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I began searching for products online, I wasn't looking for a problem to solve here and instead sold an oversaturated item like this weird looking dragon lighter thing, which is idiotic mistake #1.
Why are you doing this again if you know you're setting yourself up for failure? I'm just confused because you were saying all this stuff about CENTS and you're going back to it?

These are some amazing links to help you get started with an organic idea.

If you're just starting out, begin to turn on that problem radar. Listen to people complaining, including yourself.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
I decided F*** it and I went ahead and started a dropshipping business not for profit but rather experience. I knew I was throwing money down the drain on this venture but the experience value it provides me is more then enough for me to do it anyway. So here's what I did.

il_fullxfull.4287580223_omv6.jpg

With this item I created a store on Shopify (idiotic mistake #2 by the way as it breaks CONTROL) and spent a 1$ for the full version to start selling, I setup the store and I created an organic TikTok video to advertise the product, it got 10 likes but no further engagement.

So I went ahead and spent 20$ on a TikTok ad to advertise it, The ad was aimed at a really specific group of people that's really controversial (idiot mistake #3 as this was asking to get wiped off the planet by these companies since I broke CONTROL). The ad did okay, it got clicks on the website.

View attachment 46049

Now here's the big question, did I get any sales? drum roll please........ a big fat NOPE! there were only a handful of people who put the item in their carts and then after looking at the fact that I only supported PayPal (idiotic mistake #4) they all just abandoned purchasing it.

View attachment 46050

Now what's the purpose of this post you may ask? Well it's to show what NOT to do when starting a business of any kind, The Product didn't solve a problem nor provided any value at all, the market was oversaturated to bits, I broke CONTROL, I aimed to advertise involving a really controversial topic annnnd I only supported PayPal.

I hope this post gives some insight as it gave me, I have no regrets
To be blunt, Not entirely sure, I'm most likely going to try doing this dropshipping business model again with the things I learned one last time which'll most likely fail but I'm expecting that. Then I'll see from there
Just keep trying, all you need is one thing that pops off, thats how you know that you succeded

sanas915

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Sep 13, 2022
the same situation here, but no regret because i learned a lot of thing, now i will on my radar probelem and try to get solution with a value to people !!!

terros

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Feb 18, 2024
I am from india and i just started the dropshipping business and i watch the lot pf videos on youtube most youtubers trying to sell their courses I havs a dout in this business tbe dropshipping is real or not and chance the real is drop shipping profitable

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.