The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

INVESTING (and FASTLANE) SUCCESS: IT’s NOT A TIP – IT’S A MINDSET !!

Anything related to investing, including crypto

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
When I was younger (not even that much more so) – say a decade or two back – I used to believe that successful investing was a ‘tip’.

I pictured it as talking to those ‘wiser and older’ then me for them to let me in on some magical secret, of what to do with the money, where I can score a ‘quick buck’.

Long and hard I searched – and those tips never came. I never understood why.

If investing is knowing something I don’t and where to look – why isn’t anyone sharing that information with me !?

I was also wise enough not to fall for ‘headlines’ – as I had some small investing experience under my belt, that what is touted in the news today as the hot ticket usually crashes tomorrow. So what was one to do?

The more I started to learn and study ‘investing’ and what a successful investor is – it’s less so about any ‘tips’ and more so on the mindset one holds. It’s more about time duration. Thinking through RISK very carefully. Making a plan and EXECUTING on that plan. It’s about daily (or weekly) actions, consistently with patience, and most importantly leaving the noise behind.

How do I know that I have come so far and learned and progressed in my knowledge? I see those ‘lesser experienced’ now, chime in on anything from the ‘state of todays economy’, to ‘the sky is falling’ to ‘what should we do now that we’re in THIS ENVIRONMENT’.

This environment is not different. There is nothing new here. We are just in a typical economic cycle, with booms and busts.

It is a good time to invest today as it was yesterday.

It is as good of a time to start a business today as it was yesterday.

So many of us are looking to ‘BE RIGHT’, or ‘LOOK I TOLD YOU IT WAS COMING’ – without seeing a much clearer, long term picture. We are looking to give ourselves an EXCUSE out of executing and taking action – and boy oh boy are we all good at doing so!

@NeoDialectic and I spent a considerable time , studying investing history, reading *gulp* thousands of blog posts and various articles – and have solidified our views on investing and what we expect out of it. We beat the subject to death.

We KNOW we came a long way when we encounter various opposing viewpoints, that stand on much WEAKER ground and ideologies – VS what we can formulate currently.

We do not spend out time arguing with those, rather sometimes just guiding individuals in the right direction.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANYWAYS. The correlation I’d like to point out is FASTLANE and ENTREPRENEURSHIP is just like that. There is NO ‘HOT TIP’. There is no MAGIC BULLET. There is just optimistic outlook, and a MINDSET that will carry you forward and give you momentum. That’s it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Thanks for your wisdom! It's all about the mindset, no such thing as hot tips or best tips for investing, just a mindset, an analytical, logical and long term mindset. Noted.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Would reading 'The Intelligent Investor ' by Benjamin Graham help us towards this mindset?
Most of that book won’t help you at all. BUT. The one thing repeated over and over in that book worth hearing a million times is the lesson on investment versus speculation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.