The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding my ways

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

LoneWolf21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 15, 2017
Ontario
Hello all. I have been hesitating to post. Mostly due to being busy. I wanted to make a progress thread for myself for accountability sake. Being very introvert it's not my style to talk about myself.

What progress have I made?
Not a whole lot to be honest. Tinkered with the dropshipping. Realized I'm more of a "quality product" kind of guy.
Got roped into that t-shirt hustle for a minute. Knew it was a fad and I'm no designer.
Did two years of running my own framing crew. (Building Houses) it's scalable in the sense I can hire and reduce labor force as needed. But I need deeper pockets to take on private work. (Pays way better than residential framing)
But on the brighter side of things.I have been building a social media presence for two years. Inspired by @Vigilante.
I've actually had many people contact me to find contractors and general help with projects. I might have the ability to connect customer to business for profit. I do bring a lot of value in the sense that I know my trade very well after 16 year's in the business. Still ironing out details. It's in the idea phase but I will update if I gets traction.
Anyway that's it for now. Thanks for having me guys. Off to the hospita as I'm a new dad for the second time. Over and out!
Sheldon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Whoa! Just casually drops at the end of the post that he's become a dad for the second time!

CONGRATS!

Hope everyone is fit and healthy.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello all. I have been hesitating to post. Mostly due to being busy. I wanted to make a progress thread for myself for accountability sake. Being very introvert it's not my style to talk about myself.

What progress have I made?
Not a whole lot to be honest. Tinkered with the dropshipping. Realized I'm more of a "quality product" kind of guy.
Got roped into that t-shirt hustle for a minute. Knew it was a fad and I'm no designer.
Did two years of running my own framing crew. (Building Houses) it's scalable in the sense I can hire and reduce labor force as needed. But I need deeper pockets to take on private work. (Pays way better than residential framing)
But on the brighter side of things.I have been building a social media presence for two years. Inspired by @Vigilante.
I've actually had many people contact me to find contractors and general help with projects. I might have the ability to connect customer to business for profit. I do bring a lot of value in the sense that I know my trade very well after 16 year's in the business. Still ironing out details. It's in the idea phase but I will update if I gets traction.
Anyway that's it for now. Thanks for having me guys. Off to the hospita as I'm a new dad for the second time. Over and out!
Sheldon.
Best wishes for a safe delivery of the new kid. That is what life is all about, those moments.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Congrats! Happy fatherhood!

LoneWolf21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 15, 2017
Ontario
Hello all. Wasn't sure where to ask this question so I'm asking it here.
Does anyone know where condo corps find there contractors?
I own a home in one. And have been watching them insulate attics and doing siding and shingling this spring.
Soo many safety infractions on a daily basis. Messes left for days it drives me batty to watch.
Than it struck me. I have so much value to add here. Minimal material costs type work. Easy hustle with the rite approach. Work for months. Potential for profit to bank roll bigger ideas/pay people who can code to do some important dirty work for me ;)

LoneWolf21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 15, 2017
Ontario
How’s everyone? I’m still a carpenter. on someone else’s payroll for now. Wanted to share a small revelation I had. When I was 10 my step father found a skateboard and brought it home to me. From that moment until the age of 25 I was a “skater” Had a major surgery after a big slam. Retired and handed all my gear to this chunky poor kid who struck a chord with me that summer. Fast forward to age 33. My 5 yr old watches an old video of dad. Proceeds to hound me for two weeks about skateboarding with me. I cracked and bought us both new set ups. Couple days ago I see one of M.J.’s instagram posts, As usual I spend the next 20 mins pondering ideas when it hit me. That’s my market! And I potentially have the next generation skater as a son. I think I’m going to focus locally where my contacts and potential value are the strongest. And dabble in Amazon. I’ve already researched suppliers and have quotes. I have a few graphics in mind, Brand name. Today is a rain day so I will be crunching numbers and figuring out which suppliers do custom graphics. The most cost effective ones just sell blanks...

Until further notice.

LoneWolf21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 15, 2017
Ontario
Quick update/question
My niche: skateboarding, to get quality boards I need at least 2k for any manufacturers in North America to take me seriously. I found a supplier who is most likely shipping from China. $220 worth of products is there moq. Shipping is roughly the same cost. No graphics no promise of quality. I will be ordering a single board at full price to test quality. I guess my question is is it worth branding yourself with a potentially less than par product? Should I hold out until I can fork out 2k for a large order? One supplier is literally a 5 hour drive from me. I could pick up my own products and know the quality because I have ridden the boards myself back in my hay days.

LoneWolf21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 15, 2017
Ontario
It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. It’s been a tough one. Wife/ex and life widdled me down to nothing. Got extremely depressed for a few months. Missed to much work. Had my truck repossessed 4 days ago. She decided I was completely useless 12 hours after. Now at the age of 34 I’m living with my mother with my two kids, no vehicle and $1100 in my pocket. All I’ve wanted was to earn a good life. Learn to hustle and yes provide value to others and my family. Spent 8 years catering and distracted to her mental illness. And raising two young gentlemen 6 & 2.
I seen the forums email this morning and remembered my dreams again. It was a touch of relief in this hard time.
Truck payment is gone, If I find the strength to stay away from her. Her mortgage/condo fees are no longer my concern. Everything Minus food and diapers is bankable for a short while. Huh starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It’s been awhile since I’ve been on here. It’s been a tough one. Wife/ex and life widdled me down to nothing. Got extremely depressed for a few months. Missed to much work. Had my truck repossessed 4 days ago. She decided I was completely useless 12 hours after. Now at the age of 34 I’m living with my mother with my two kids, no vehicle and $1100 in my pocket. All I’ve wanted was to earn a good life. Learn to hustle and yes provide value to others and my family. Spent 8 years catering and distracted to her mental illness. And raising two young gentlemen 6 & 2.
I seen the forums email this morning and remembered my dreams again. It was a touch of relief in this hard time.
Truck payment is gone, If I find the strength to stay away from her. Her mortgage/condo fees are no longer my concern. Everything Minus food and diapers is bankable for a short while. Huh starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Kids are a blessing. Glad you’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

LoneWolf21

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 15, 2017
Ontario
Ok well, This is the update. I have purchased a 2001 Honda Civic. $900 my truck costed $1300 per month. I’m literally laughing all the way to the bank on payday lately. Lol
I’ve been thinking hard about earning a more passive income. I would love to fast lane the shit out of a wicked online idea/hustle but for now my time is to limited. So watching YouTube with my 6 year old watching a very wealthy family open 400 gifts realizing I respect their hustle. They are literally banking $ from my sons urge to watch brand new toys being opened. Lol
Than they open a gumball machine.... Hamster wheel started turning. Google search, This is an interesting business. Especially for someone like myself. Low upfront costs. And the business can be built one machine at a time. RoI on products is double and triple your investment. It’s literally a nickel and dime Business. 2 days of pondering if I could see myself loading gumball machines. eBay search.... $300 machine.
Auction is at its last hour for a staggering $1.25 lol. Screw it $3.25 bid. Well I own it now it’s at home needs new locks and a coin mechanism. I basically stole this machine. Locks are being ordered machine is loaded with candy. (Kids are loving it) I’m all out of quarters lol.
This is my plan. And I intend to execute the shit out of it. Average profit for a good location is $40-$60 a month I work on 10 locations. Average it low end $20 per location $200 a month and I spend an afternoon with my son loading gumball machines. The end game is full blown vending machines that my initial investment was less than $100.
I know it’s peanuts in the big scheme but I’m learning to hustle. And a full line vending business seems fun. I could enjoy that hustle.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.