RobertNova
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jul 3, 2022
- Messages
- 3
Rep Bank
$90
$90
User Power: 233%
Hi there everyone,
My name is Roberto, originally from Spain but living in London, UK. I'm now 46, a father and trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.
I found the Unscripted audiobook in Audible where I work and which I'm listening to now, and I have the rest of the audiobooks waiting in line, TMF , Rat-race Escape and Wealth Exposed because I am fed up with the way I'm driving my life.
When I was 20 I inherited my father's business but his death was traumatic and I was overwhelmed, it lasted a couple of years before we closed it. I wanted to do "my thing" and I opened a Curves (fitness) franchise with a business partner, her family soon started to provoke confrontations between us and after 3 years we decided to get rid of the business and our partnership for good. Another lesson learnt.
I tried to set myself as a health masseur, but it didn't work either. I was doing things, without much idea about what I was supposed to do, I just wanted to make money, as many of us start trying, but without providing any value.
All my businesses were in Spain and after losing my family home in a bad investment I decided it was time to move away since things were tense, to say the least, at home.
Moving to London was though, a new country, a new language, so one shitty job after another shitty job I spent years surviving.
It was hard losing the family home and that took all my confidence in myself, how could I invest again in a new business?
Then I got married, I had a baby boy and I started to see things differently, I needed to improve our lives not only for me but for my son so I studied some programming and design and I was about to set myself as a freelance designing web sites but I discovered Unscripted while I was working at Audible and I decided I wanted to do things in a different way, I hope I will find answers in this forum.
I'm still learning but willing to be as good as possible and find my way to provide value.
We are about to sell our flat and possibly move to Spain where money lasts longer and living is cheaper, not to mention the weather.
So this is my story in big strokes. Feel free to drop me a line if you like to comment or if you want to introduce yourself.
Thank you for having me.
Roberto
@MJ DeMarco
My name is Roberto, originally from Spain but living in London, UK. I'm now 46, a father and trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life.
I found the Unscripted audiobook in Audible where I work and which I'm listening to now, and I have the rest of the audiobooks waiting in line, TMF , Rat-race Escape and Wealth Exposed because I am fed up with the way I'm driving my life.
When I was 20 I inherited my father's business but his death was traumatic and I was overwhelmed, it lasted a couple of years before we closed it. I wanted to do "my thing" and I opened a Curves (fitness) franchise with a business partner, her family soon started to provoke confrontations between us and after 3 years we decided to get rid of the business and our partnership for good. Another lesson learnt.
I tried to set myself as a health masseur, but it didn't work either. I was doing things, without much idea about what I was supposed to do, I just wanted to make money, as many of us start trying, but without providing any value.
All my businesses were in Spain and after losing my family home in a bad investment I decided it was time to move away since things were tense, to say the least, at home.
Moving to London was though, a new country, a new language, so one shitty job after another shitty job I spent years surviving.
It was hard losing the family home and that took all my confidence in myself, how could I invest again in a new business?
Then I got married, I had a baby boy and I started to see things differently, I needed to improve our lives not only for me but for my son so I studied some programming and design and I was about to set myself as a freelance designing web sites but I discovered Unscripted while I was working at Audible and I decided I wanted to do things in a different way, I hope I will find answers in this forum.
I'm still learning but willing to be as good as possible and find my way to provide value.
We are about to sell our flat and possibly move to Spain where money lasts longer and living is cheaper, not to mention the weather.
So this is my story in big strokes. Feel free to drop me a line if you like to comment or if you want to introduce yourself.
Thank you for having me.
Roberto
@MJ DeMarco
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
