- Joined
- Nov 29, 2016
- Messages
- 72
Rep Bank
$555
$555
User Power: 143%
Curious - what everyone's process for finding a manufacturer is.
I am just starting the process of starting a new eCom business and am trying to go from idea to product creation. I've grown a dropshipping T-Shirt business to 30K customers in the past, but have never created my own product before.
From what I'm reading, the 2 best options are AliBaba (overseas) and Maker's Row (domestically). I'm not too impressed with what I'm seeing from Maker's Row so far. No support. Basic functions don't work, but I've reached out to a few "factories" on there and a few manufacturing companies closer to me.
I kind of like that it's a pain in the a$$ to do this (process) as opposed to a TShirt business, but at the same time I'm wondering if there's a simpler way to do this that I'm not aware of.
Or is it just kind of like dating, where you need to reach out to dozens / hundreds of manufacturers until you find the right fit? I'm a little hesitant to go the AliBaba route, but I'm guessing it's significantly less expensive.
If anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to hear all about it. Appreciate it!
I am just starting the process of starting a new eCom business and am trying to go from idea to product creation. I've grown a dropshipping T-Shirt business to 30K customers in the past, but have never created my own product before.
From what I'm reading, the 2 best options are AliBaba (overseas) and Maker's Row (domestically). I'm not too impressed with what I'm seeing from Maker's Row so far. No support. Basic functions don't work, but I've reached out to a few "factories" on there and a few manufacturing companies closer to me.
I kind of like that it's a pain in the a$$ to do this (process) as opposed to a TShirt business, but at the same time I'm wondering if there's a simpler way to do this that I'm not aware of.
Or is it just kind of like dating, where you need to reach out to dozens / hundreds of manufacturers until you find the right fit? I'm a little hesitant to go the AliBaba route, but I'm guessing it's significantly less expensive.
If anyone has any experience with this, I'd love to hear all about it. Appreciate it!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
