The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FILLING NEEDS (Fast Food):Is it filling it well?

NEXT

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Sep 26, 2011
Below I present a need that needs to be filled more effectively.I would appreciate any positive feedback,resources

and/or suggestions for the problem,solution or challenges mentioned.

PROBLEM:

The major factor in the obesity crisis is due to the poor choices in our diet.Fast food

contributes greatly towards this dilemma.People are on the go and many have a concern of not

knowing where to find healthy,filling and tasty food at a fast food pace.Imagine not having

to worry about calories,chemicals and all the other host of unhealthy features of eating out.

Their are many people who eat healthy, workout and are tired of cooking all the time.They

would love to go out to a tasty alternative that would not compromise their health and appearance.

SOLUTION OPTION (a):Fast Food Chain
A fast food chain with all healthy options.Most of the healthy options at current chains simply

sucks in taste.Panera and Subway don't have drive thru and most people don't have the will power

to pass up delicious burgers and fries at the other major chains.By combining a mix of

what works in all of the others and remaking them in organic/healthier yet tasty versions it could

work beautifully.Lose weight feel great.

Challenges:

1.Food Cost-Organic foods cost more to produce,so some creative marketing would be needed to offset cost of

quality.

SOLUTION OPTION (b): Fast Casual Chain
A sit down chain with menu of half healthy/tasty remakes and the other half of the menu the regular

items.This would bring in a greater variety of consumers.Example: on one side of the menu you have fried

chicken(remade healthier yet tasty) the flip side you have rotisserie or grilled chicken(highly favored by fitness and

health enthusiast).

Notice the key is not just to have tasty or healthy food,but to have both.Failing to make it

healthy just adds to the obesity/health crisis that we face.This method would keep it guilt free when

you go out.The franchise would consider proper nutrition for health and weight loss.All you need

to do is enjoy.

Challenges:

1.Food Cost-Organic foods cost more to produce,so some creative marketing would be needed to offset cost of

quality.

SOLUTION OPTION (c): Vegan Fast Food Chain

We all know how healthy the vegan diet is for our bodies.With the advent of so much new and tasty

healthy foods to choose from,its quite practical in a fast food setting.These new movement foods are some of the

best foods for the human body.In addition to this I don't see a mainstream option for vegans and vegetarians.

This could even be marketed towards women and other health conscious people who are serious about

their looks.The diet has many benefits and from researching there many of these in a sit down format

that does great,even among meat eaters.This could usher a new era in fast food if something hip is attached to the

marketing similar to how Starbucks made coffee fashionable.Some of the benefits to market are:

Immune boosting
Enhanced brain and Physical performance
Weight loss
Reduce depression/stress
Overall healing and feeling of well being

Challenges:

1.Marketing- Finding a concept to get people hooked to the idea,so they may experience the results.

2.Food Cost-Organic foods cost more to produce,so some creative marketing would be needed to offset cost of

quality.

Overall Challenges:

1.Costing-keeping food cost low enough to sell on a mass scale and have decent margins.

2.Network- work with the right people that know how to franchise the concept and achieve scale(including finding

private equity)

3.Marketing- Finding a concept to get people hooked to the idea,so they may experiance the results.

Whats your take on these concepts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Oh god..

I will say, much better spacing. Still needs work, but this is step in the right direction.

Where you from next?

As a vegetarian, pretty much every restaurant has something on the menu that I can eat. I'd like to open a vegetarian/vegan restaurant at some point just for the cachet that comes with owning a restaurant.

But people like me make up what... 3% of the people out there, + maybe 5% more that are curious and would eat there.

Small market to franchise worldwide, but could definitely work. Specially in India, and other places in the east where vegetarianism is part of certain cultures for hundreds if not thousands of years, unlike the states.

Just don't ask anyone to detail step by step for you how to do it. This is a much better idea than your cancer thing though.

Robre

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jan 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hope you have a lot of money, huge startup costs. That's your barrier to entry.

CommonCents

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Apr 14, 2009
MN
Look up D'Lites, a healthy fast food chain from years ago, probably before their time. I think they did have 100 some units and did go public.

Sky

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Sep 6, 2011
A) You're missing the point of fast food. Price and convenience is KING. You aren't paying for the nutritution, you're paying for the speed, price, and time saving effects of the meal. Everyone knows fast food is bad for you yet they still shop there. There was a push to make fast food more healthy, but it failed. Miserably. Truth is, people would much rather eat bad tasty food now and suffer the effects later. Sucks, huh? That's pretty much the typical American mindset you have to deal with. It would need a grand scale paradigm shift .

B)

[video=youtube;wmH73Diqf5Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmH73Diqf5Q&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

This. Fresh made burritos have been around for decades. This guy just main streamed it with a touch of humanitarian responsibly.

C) A vegan fast food chain wouldn't be very viable since there are so many few of them. I guess it depends where you set up shop. A typical fast food place can serve from 1,000 to 5,000 people a week to maintain business. Though not impossible, you should weigh out your options as far as it would be a worthwhile venture.

is this a personal thing or a fastlane concept? I guess the passion that fuels your desire to meet the need will ultimately decide how you pursue this venture. Good luck.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Vegan/vegetarian fast food is popular here in NYC. Look to mazo vegetarian for an example: see how they do it, and do it better. But you may want to move to a place like NYC or San Francisco if you want to open up a vegan chain.

Or, even better: open up a vegan chain that does the Panera/Starbucks thing; make it a 'hip place' for people to just hang out. Offer free wi-fi and unlimited refills, and don't kick people out for staying too long.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
The reality, people do not really care.

Their lips say- I want to be healthy, I want to lose weight, blah blah blah, but their actions say- I want sugar, I want fat, I want bacon. (speaking as one of the guilty)

People will typically choose healthier options if they do not have to sacrifice i.e. price, taste, etc.

So even with a huge marketing campaign, the cost hurdle will be a big one. Next will come taste.

Parks and Rec-Vegan Bacon.wmv - YouTube
Ron Swanson and Andy - Meat Tornado - YouTube

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qlU5-LQ_EGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.