The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Figuring Out Instagram

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Thought you guys might be interested:

IG founders exit FB:
Terms of Service Violation

(not sure why the link name says "Terms of Service Violation" lol....we're allowed to post links here?)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Lol. I completely forgot the account name for this IG adventure, never mind the password.

I was talking to a client about what I'd done and we were curious how many followers I'd got up to.

VdskvkL.png

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Are you still using a bot?

So much going on with IG lately, it's a bit of a hot mess. Can't deny there are some huge opportunities there though. (big time).

One thing that's been made crystal clear to me over the last month or 2 is the lack of control. People that have invested a tooooonne of time and money are having problems with new G policies or glitches, or even having their account deleted without knowing why. If you aren't doing something to get their email or get them onto other platforms to share the risk I feel like people are playing with fire.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Are you still using a bot?

So much going on with IG lately, it's a bit of a hot mess. Can't deny there are some huge opportunities there though. (big time).

One thing that's been made crystal clear to me over the last month or 2 is the lack of control. People that have invested a tooooonne of time and money are having problems with new G policies or glitches, or even having their account deleted without knowing why. If you aren't doing something to get their email or get them onto other platforms to share the risk I feel like people are playing with fire.
I turned off the bot when I turned my back on IG. I may use it for clients. IG is not a platform I want to even log into.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I turned off the bot when I turned my back on IG. I may use it for clients. IG is not a platform I want to even log into.
Na don't use it for clients. Any unapproved 3rd party apps are really risky but that's probably for a different thread. I would revoke access to that app in your authorized apps section of settings (desktop) and change your password.

I think if you want to get a return from IG with the least amount of work, my advice would be to use paid ads in IG stories which are apparently cheaper and more effective (if your target market is on IG that is). I think you still need a profile which has been around for a while and has some posts and activity but that's just my opinion.

Maybe you could even try to get verified as there is a tonne of content out there you have done. I think things like interviews and publications help with this. You can apply for verification from inside the phone app settings (settings/account/request verification).

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018

To be honest, I didn't read this thread. I was only on here for five seconds and I took away a gold nugget.

It opened to the top of page 4 and I had a brief glimpse of this pic and I took away something.

'You don't learn until you launch.'

This might sound dumb, but it made something click in my head. It reminded me of when I was learning to drive. During my driving lessons I was told that this is just to prepare me to be on the road, and you actually learn more once you get your licence. I didn't think much of that, but it was actually true. This is no different.

Thank you, @Andy Black. There's a reason they call you the postman, it's because you always deliver.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
To be honest, I didn't read this thread. I was only on here for five seconds and I took away a gold nugget.

It opened to the top of page 4 and I had a brief glimpse of this pic and I took away something.

'You don't learn until you launch.'

This might sound dumb, but it made something click in my head. It reminded me of when I was learning to drive. During my driving lessons I was told that this is just to prepare me to be on the road, and you actually learn more once you get your licence. I didn't think much of that, but it was actually true. This is no different.

Thank you, @Andy Black. There's a reason they call you the postman, it's because you always deliver.
Awesome! I do the same. I start a book and if something hits me between the eyes in the prolog or intro then I down the book and go action it.

Hmmm... I kept the IG account blurred because I didn't want folks from TFLF following and screwing up my experiment.

Now that this project is in the graveyard I'll link to the account in case any of the other sayings click with folks:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.