The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fighting CV19: Please send thoughts and well wishes to Greg B (Runum)

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 12 August:
Update on Greg B****** : Today was a big day for us, decannulation day!! No more trach. Greg is working hard with physical and occupational therapists. He is eating more and more, still soft food. It is lots of work for him to eat. God is sure taking care of us. Thank you for continued prayers. Best prayer warriors ever! Love Greg and Kathy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 23 August
Update on Greg B****** ; Greg has moved to an inpatient rehab as of yesterday. This morning he got to take a shower for the first time since early January. They are working him hard here, which is good, but very tiring. He is working hard and doing great! Pray for his physical strength to increase and his energy to stay high. His attitude is positive and we are working toward going home. Thank you for continuing to remember us. Love Greg and Kathy.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 3 September:
Update on Greg B****** ; First of all, God is good and all glory goes to him. This rehab place is great. They have helped Greg get stronger and he has much more endurance. They all tell him what a hard worker he is. He is standing up each day using the parallel bars, with a lot of help, working on pulling himself up and transferring from chair to chair. Along with pumping some weights and stretching his stiff muscles. Speech therapy is working with him on tongue exercises and cognitive higher level reasoning. He works about 4 hours a day with therapists. He is eating real food cut up very small. (Minced moist) Thank you for praying for us, please keep it up when we come to your mind. Love Greg and Kathy.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Man even the good updates make me sad just because Greg was speaking to us a few pages back. Now his life is changed forever.

How your life can change instantly is just unfathomable. I sometimes get angry when I sell fewer units over a long weekend than a regular day, but every time I read this thread, I just tell myself to STFU. The things we worry about constantly will mean nothing once you go through what Greg has gone through and believe me, it can happen so fast and unexpectedly.

For some reason, part of me keeps thinking the Doctors missed something or acted too slowly. It just doesn't make much sense to me. I've seen COVID in both healthy adults, healthy youth, and also grandmas with a history of stroke/heart disease, etc. and I've never seen a case lead to amputations. I just think they took too long with treatment or didn't take the proper course of action. Even Greg himself said "The hospital and insurance only wants to do stuff like tests and drugs. There is no allocation of resources to work on getting stronger and recovering." Keep doing tests until a clot causes an amputation? Talk about getting ahead of the disease...

Last edited:

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Happy Birthday @Runum
Keep working hard, we are all routing for you!

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
No update, but today is Greg's birthday, so be sure to wish him a happy birthday and a healthful year ahead!

Happy birthday, @Runum!
Happy birthday Greg!!! What a precious day. What a gift. I am deeply inspired by you.

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
New update 20 September:
Update on Greg B****** , We have been home one week as of today. Greg is doing great and is attending outpatient rehab each day Monday through Friday. We are adjusting to being home. Thank God for my family!!! They have helped us get moved back in so much. Thank you all for praying and please continue when we come to your mind. God is so good! Love, Greg and Kathy.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
New update 20 September:

Thank you for providing these updates. It's good to hear all these good news and I'm very happy that Greg got another chance and was able to beat this. Now the final battle is full recovery.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I am home after 8 months hospital. Much of that time on a ventilator. Final toll. I lost 50 pounds of muscle, had a stroke,and lost part of my right leg. I get a prosthetic soon and will be back to walking. I do outpatient therapy m-f and work out 2-3 times a week. I am still comparatively weak but getting stronger everyday. I plan to go hiking with @SteveO again.

Last edited:

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
I am home after 8 months hospital. Final toll. I lost 50 pounds of muscle, had a stroke,and lost part of my right leg. I get a prosthetic soon and will be back to walking. I do outpatient therapy m-f and work out 2-3 times a week. I am still comparatively weak but getting stronger everyday. I plan to go hiking with @SteveO again.
OMG!

Greg! Reading this post gave me tears, I kid you not!

We were rooting for you so hard! We never gave up on you, so THANK YOU for not giving up on us.

I wish you nothing but a speedy recovery. Anytime you need people to talk to, we're here for you. Just spill anything that's on your mind and we'll discuss. You're NOT alone. You never were alone. You are a FIGHTER.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I am home after 8 months hospital. Final toll. I lost 50 pounds of muscle, had a stroke,and lost part of my right leg. I get a prosthetic soon and will be back to walking. I do outpatient therapy m-f and work out 2-3 times a week. I am still comparatively weak but getting stronger everyday. I plan to go hiking with @SteveO again.
You are the strongest mother F*cker I have ever met! You and Kathy! I will be most honored to hike with you again.

Let's get that muscle back...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
So glad to see your post man! Your choice dinner on me next time you’re in town.

I second @SteveO you are one bad a$$ dude.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I am home after 8 months hospital. Much of that time on a ventilator. Final toll. I lost 50 pounds of muscle, had a stroke,and lost part of my right leg. I get a prosthetic soon and will be back to walking. I do outpatient therapy m-f and work out 2-3 times a week. I am still comparatively weak but getting stronger everyday. I plan to go hiking with @SteveO again.

That's so awesome to read. This thread has turned into one of the most powerful stories of determination.

Wishing you lots of strength regained as soon as possible and looking forward to your pictures from the hike with Steve.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Oh man. So happy to hear you're finally home. You and your family and friends have been on such a long road. It must be such a relief to be home.

Looking forward to seeing photos of you hiking!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Just for a bit of background on this story, Greg and Kathy were at the tail end of a month's long trip. They packed up into a travel trailer and began an epic journey around half the country.

The Facebook posts on his journey were awesome. Many beautiful locations with lots of hikes, drives, and visits to points of interest.

They stopped to visit a few fastlane friends if I remember correctly.

They came through my town on a later leg of the trip while on the way back to Texas. They had gone to the gulf coast and had not yet made it back home when all this mess happened.

I believe that it had been over a year since he had been to his house.

This adventure was long, beautiful, and deadly harsh for both of them.

Greg, you had us all worried which pales next to the trauma that you both suffered. I expect that your life will be viewed through a different set of lenses going forward. Yay for the whole idea of being able to move forward.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome back to health and a speedy recovery Greg. Incredibly awesome!!!

Would love to hear your biographical account of this whole ordeal, how you remained tough and fought through it, sounds like an powerful, inspiring story. Excited to see pics of you and Steve back in nature!!

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
The hospital and insurance only wants to do stuff like tests and drugs. There is no allocation of resources to work on getting stronger and recovering.

Just for a bit of background on this story, Greg and Kathy were at the tail end of a month's long trip. They packed up into a travel trailer and began an epic journey around half the country.

The Facebook posts on his journey were awesome. Many beautiful locations with lots of hikes, drives, and visits to points of interest.

They stopped to visit a few fastlane friends if I remember correctly.

They came through my town on a later leg of the trip while on the way back to Texas. They had gone to the gulf coast and had not yet made it back home when all this mess happened.

I believe that it had been over a year since he had been to his house.

This adventure was long, beautiful, and deadly harsh for both of them.

Greg, you had us all worried which pales next to the trauma that you both suffered. I expect that your life will be viewed through a different set of lenses going forward. Yay for the whole idea of being able to move forward.
This is true. I had to take an 8 hour ambulance ride in a gurney from brownsville to ft worth, tx. That is how I finally got back to my home area.

Thanks to all fo the positive energy, thoughts, prayers, and words of wisdom. It's great to be on this side of the covid storm.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

Love you, brother.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.