The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fighting CV19: Please send thoughts and well wishes to Greg B (Runum)

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Tonight is tough. Sleep will not come. Too many challenges prevent me from finding peace. Thanks for all the kind words. Friday makes 14 days here. I have been focusing on slowing my bometrics. My respiration and pulse. Get out of fight or flight. Self control and regulation must return to a more stable rate for the future.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Tonight is tough. Sleep will not come. Too many challenges prevent me from finding peace. Thanks for all the kind words. Friday makes 14 days here. I have been focusing on slowing my bometrics. My respiration and pulse. Get out of fight or flight. Self control and regulation must return to a more stable rate for the future.
The absolute best way to do that is to visualize a beautiful place you've experienced and loved, a place where you felt peace, and then isolate every sense. What did the air feel like, the texture of your clothes? What colors were predominant? What sounds? While you imagine all those details try not to use words, just picture-images in your mind. If you can create a mini movie with a beginning, middle, and end filled with details then you can start running that loop to relax.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I once spent 3 days not able to breathe much, oxygen levels dipping below 80.

This exercise helped me rest back then.

Focus on the exhale. Keep your breath even. Think on positive things. Distract your brain. Think of a trip to the beach. Imagine the sounds, the smells. Feel the waves hit your feet. Listen to the children laughing. Let the warmth of the sun soak into your muscles, feel them relax slowly.

If this isn't the right image for you, if you aren't a beach guy, then personalize it to another memory that fills you with joy. Use all 5 senses to immerse yourself in that moment. Hope this helps.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Focus on the exhale.

I'm not sure if this is advisable in @Runum's situation but generally speaking longer exhales and shorter inhales slow down your heart rate. A good rate is 2 to 1 (an exhale that's twice as long as the inhale) This, plus focusing on the diaphragm. Most people breathe from their chest and that's not a full breath.

Box breathing is a very good exercise to master that. Depending on your abilities you start with, for example, 4 second inhale, 4 second hold, 8 second exhale, and 4 second hold and then repeat the cycle for a few minutes while focusing on your diaphragm.

But like I said above, while I assume it may be a great exercise for post-covid recovery when done slowly and mindfully, I'm not sure it's advisable now.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I'm not sure if this is advisable in @Runum's situation but generally speaking longer exhales and shorter inhales slow down your heart rate. A good rate is 2 to 1 (an exhale that's twice as long as the inhale) This, plus focusing on the diaphragm. Most people breathe from their chest and that's not a full breath.

Box breathing is a very good exercise to master that. Depending on your abilities you start with, for example, 4 second inhale, 4 second hold, 8 second exhale, and 4 second hold and then repeat the cycle for a few minutes while focusing on your diaphragm.

But like I said above, while I assume it may be a great exercise for post-covid recovery when done slowly and mindfully, I'm not sure it's advisable now.
I am actually focusing on exactly that. Lung capacity is my stressful limitation now. Easy to go into hyperventilation. I have been focusing on slowing exhale as my inhale is much less. Thanks guys.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Lung capacity is my stressful limitation now. Easy to go into hyperventilation.
I remember the feeling. It is because I had that experience years ago that I quarantined hard at the outset of this thing.

Greg, my heart goes out to you and your wife, and I'll keep praying for your steady recovery.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
As Greg B reported @Runum is currently in the hospital fighting some variant of Covid.

Please send him some thoughts, prayers, or well wishes as he continues to fight in a medical facility, which by his reports, doesn't seem too interested in his recovery.

Get well Greg, we're all rooting for you!

PS: Greg, this thread was created for you if you need to relay any of your thoughts, or messages. If you want the thread closed (or deleted) please let me know. I've moved all the other messages from the main CV thread into here.

Again, you are not alone!
Sad to hear, sending my best wishes and support to @Runum ! Come back safe and sound

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
Get well soon, Greg!

Get-Well-Soon-26.jpeg

BD64

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Jul 26, 2017
Denver, CO
Rooting for you, Greg. Thank you for keeping us updated.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
All anyone can do is educate yourself on the risks and play your hand. I am 62 with no comorbities. I am very active and take care of myself. I contracted covid Jan 4 and have serious covid pneumonia. I am currently in the fight for my life. It can and does happen but I wouldn't want everyone locked down for me.View attachment 41753

Terrible mate.
Get better soon my friend.

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago
Hello @Runum I am wishing you a FULL recovery.

From reading your post about your experience, I sense the powerful fight in you - not even the treatment where you are can stop you because you hold the power within AND you ARE going to BEAT this.

Onto your successful recovery, we cheer you on.

I haven't been to a TMF Summit - Yet - but I look forward to meeting you in the next one!

Cheering you on BIG time brother - from the Caribbean to you and your well-being!

Last edited:

Hanabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Jan 22, 2022
Florida
All anyone can do is educate yourself on the risks and play your hand. I am 62 with no comorbities. I am very active and take care of myself. I contracted covid Jan 4 and have serious covid pneumonia. I am currently in the fight for my life. It can and does happen but I wouldn't want everyone locked down for me.View attachment 41753
Hello Mr Greg,
I don't know who you are since I'm new here, but I really hope you get better. Praying you'll recover quickly and not experience any more pain.
Sincerely,
Yoshina

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Last night was good, maybe too good. Slept on cpap machine.

Currently I am addicted to supplemental O2. It's a constant fight between the mental overreaction, anxiety, if anything stresses me physically. My pulse and oxy demands shoot up. Which causes even more stress. I have to collapse back and work on breathing. Slow everything down. It is painful and scary. Every exertion, or test is my next challenge to manage my air with diminished capacity. So far 100% success.

Obviously there is the physical demands but getting control of the mental anxiety will help recovery. It is my daily fight right now.

As far as alternative treatments. I am being told I already survived the cytokine storm and nothing serious over the horizon. I am passed the point of any alternative therapies. Doc and I had a lengthy, contentious meeting about everything being done that can be. Fighting the O2 addiction is the current struggle.

Thanks for all the kind words. I will get through this

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
As far as alternative treatments. I am being told I already survived the cytokine storm and nothing serious over the horizon. I am passed the point of any alternative therapies. Doc and I had a lengthy, contentious meeting about everything being done that can be. Fighting the O2 addiction is the current struggle.

I'm very happy to hear that. It means there's only one final big challenge left on your road to recovery and from there it will get much easier. Mental challenges are way harder than the physical ones but it seems you're dealing very well with them.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Currently I am addicted to supplemental O2. It's a constant fight between the mental overreaction, anxiety, if anything stresses me physically. My pulse and oxy demands shoot up. Which causes even more stress. I have to collapse back and work on breathing. Slow everything down. It is painful and scary. Every exertion, or test is my next challenge to manage my air with diminished capacity. So far 100% success.

Obviously there is the physical demands but getting control of the mental anxiety will help recovery. It is my daily fight right now.

Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Take one step at a time. There will be many small milestones on the recovery. We will make it by crossing one at a time.

It takes time and patience will help. Wish you have a smooth recovery.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

I am really happy to hear about the positive update!

You will smash this out of the park.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Greg, sounds like you are taking the same trajectory as my mother in-law. She spent about 17 days in the hospital and like you, became O2 dependent. She likely had the delta variant. I'm happy to say that she has mostly recovered, but the trajectory of her recovery was very similar to having a broken bone healed, or a surgical recovery followed by some physical therapy afterward ... the process is very slow, inch by inch, day by day. Happy to hear that it seems things have improved a bit.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
604%
Oct 16, 2014
At this time I am improving which is good and bad. I am wary of the possible cytokine storm. I am continuing to press for alternative therapies to avoid that storm as much as possible. That is my main goal at this time. They are aware that I have the resources, just trying to get them to listen. The time window is closing.

Reading how things have unfolded, you likely already had cytokine storm, which it sounds like you are hopefully improving from.

Given your history, it sounds like you had the initial viral illness, and when you started to improve, the actual viral replication phase was probably ramping down. When you started to improve, that likely represented a winding down of the viral infection.

Getting sicker again and not being able to breath was probably the start of your cytokine storm. The covid pneumonia pattern is unusual on CT and from what I have read is largely believed to be inflammation in the lungs from the immune system going haywire which we term cytokine storm more than infection from covid.

I’ve seen a lot of covid, at least on the medical imaging end. It seems people either get progressively worse or turn the corner and begin down the pathway of recovery. I’m hoping from your description that you have turned the corner and are on the path towards recovery.

Also, the monoclonals are primarily used in the early phase of infection, from your description of your course your probably past the window they would typically give them. Cytokine storm is usually handled differently.

Last edited:

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago

Really happy to hear this.

I was about to ask how you were feeling, but I didn't want to rush you.

The important thing is you are recovering, so if communicating with you through the forum helps, we're more than happy to be right here for you and your family.

Mister

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
May 22, 2021
Germany
@Runum sorry to hear of your current state.

I hope you can go back to your normal life soon.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just checking in Greg, how the night go?

Trevor Kuntz

Professional Dog Owner
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I saw that Greg hadn't posted here or on Facebook in a while, so I checked his wife's page and she just posted this 1 minute ago:
To all of Greg B******s Facebook friends. Greg took a bad turn early Sunday morning. He is now in ICU, on a ventilator, heavily sedated with high doses of pain meds. His heart rate was too high, and he couldn't breathe. We covet your prayers when you think about him.
Edit: removed last name for privacy

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I saw that Greg hadn't posted here or on Facebook in a while, so I checked his wife's page and she just posted this 1 minute ago:

Thank you for the update.

He'll pull through.

Waiting for an update from you, @Runum, once you beat this thing. And you will.

PirriRichFast

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 30, 2020
Holland
Personally i know a woman that had it, she tried everything nothing worked, she was half dead.
Then she took ivermectine and she got better fast withing a couple days..
But after she took it it started working..

Damn... Read the 3 pages.. you already tried that.

Hope the best, that you get well soon.

Last edited:

Iammelissamoore

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Sep 23, 2014
Trinidad and Tobago

Hey, thank you so much for this.

I was checking in with Greg on my mind, I am hoping for the best for him and his family.

Looking forward to his full recovery.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.