The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback on Pitching Investors at 18 with an Idea

Idea threads

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Execution is king. Everyone agrees. Pick an idea you like and go. But it's a different story when you're pitching your idea to others.

I will be pitching to guys from the government (or investors) on my idea. I need feedback on how I can deliver a successful pitch. I've written a pitch deck before so I know a little bit about how it goes but I would be needing facts to get the seed funding, not a story.

Now I'm guessing the investors or the guys who would be hearing the pitch are going to be old school and I'm going to list out the industries mentioned in the brochure.
  1. Food Security
  2. Water Management and Sustainability
  3. Sustainable Energy
  4. Urban Planning
  5. Climate Change and Environment
  6. Information Technology and Telecom
  7. Innovative Governance and Reforms
  8. Sociology and Philosophy
  9. Medical and Health Sciences
  10. Others
I'm thinking of pitching the same ideas that were successful in the shark tank, dragons den, etc.

The seed funding is 2 million PKR (Which is around $10k) and this would be a good starting point for creating systems and setting up processes.

All I can think of now is how I can pitch and mix the CENTS + Productocracy in my pitch with whatever idea I present.

I have the ideas in my little PPC advertising bubble, not sure if they would want to invest in something they don't understand.

Here's what I'm thinking.

An E-learning platform or software (Reducing the E part of CENTS for a particular industry. Basically a CENTS business that lowers Entry for another industry)

A software/ERP (Improving the C part of CENTS for a particular industry. Okay, it might not be reducing control but it certainly would give business intelligence + insights)

Anything that improves any part of CENTS for a B2B industry is worth presenting in my mind. The problem is which one I choose.

P.S. It's all happening in Pakistan.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Startup Business Brochure.jpeg
    Startup Business Brochure.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Execution is king. Everyone agrees. Pick an idea you like and go. But it's a different story when you're pitching your idea to others.

I will be pitching to guys from the government (or investors) on my idea. I need feedback on how I can deliver a successful pitch. I've written a pitch deck before so I know a little bit about how it goes but I would be needing facts to get the seed funding, not a story.

Now I'm guessing the investors or the guys who would be hearing the pitch are going to be old school and I'm going to list out the industries mentioned in the brochure.
  1. Food Security
  3. Sustainable Energy
  4. Urban Planning
  10. Others
I'm thinking of pitching the same ideas that were successful in the shark tank, dragons den, etc.

The seed funding is 2 million PKR (Which is around $10k) and this would be a good starting point for creating systems and setting up processes.

All I can think of now is how I can pitch and mix the CENTS + Productocracy in my pitch with whatever idea I present.

I have the ideas in my little PPC advertising bubble, not sure if they would want to invest in something they don't understand.

Here's what I'm thinking.

An E-learning platform or software (Reducing the E part of CENTS for a particular industry. Basically a CENTS business that lowers Entry for another industry)

A software/ERP (Improving the C part of CENTS for a particular industry. Okay, it might not be reducing control but it certainly would give business intelligence + insights)

Anything that improves any part of CENTS for a B2B industry is worth presenting in my mind. The problem is which one I choose.

P.S. It's all happening in Pakistan.

Start at the beginning. What is the problem you are trying to solve?

You're sitting here trying to figure out systems and frameworks. But what is the problem you are trying to solve?

That's what you need to pitch them. That you are going to solve a problem. You need to give them confidence that if they give you this free money, you will use it to solve a problem.

And based on their 10 points, it seems like it needs to be a pretty big problem.

Tell the story of what the problem is, how many people are affected by it, what you would do to solve it, and how your idea will generate future revenue so that you can continue to solve it.

Make it sound like if they give you this money, they'll never need to give you more money again. And you will magically change a country.

Except it's not magical. Be as precise as you can about the steps you will take to make the changes.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Start at the beginning. What is the problem you are trying to solve?

You're sitting here trying to figure out systems and frameworks. But what is the problem you are trying to solve?

That's what you need to pitch them. That you are going to solve a problem. You need to give them confidence that if they give you this free money, you will use it to solve a problem.

And based on their 10 points, it seems like it needs to be a pretty big problem.

Tell the story of what the problem is, how many people are affected by it, what you would do to solve it, and how your idea will generate future revenue so that you can continue to solve it.

Make it sound like if they give you this money, they'll never need to give you more money again. And you will magically change a country.

Except it's not magical. Be as precise as you can about the steps you will take to make the changes.
Thank you @BizyDad, I seem to forget the basics too often.

Let's start from the beginning. An 18 y/o doesn't know jack about the world that's why I'll be needing feedback.

#1 Identify a problem.
Contact industry leaders in the 10 points above and ask them about their problems. I have a good LinkedIn profile so I'll be reaching out to them there. What other mediums do you think would serve me in finding people who belong to these sectors?

#2 Explore how to solve it.
I have been a marketer so I know a bit about how to present the solution. I haven't dabbled in engineering a solution yet. I'll have to take feedback on this as well.

#3 Figure out how much it costs
If it were e-comm, I'd go to Alibaba suppliers and request quotes to put them in my presentation. I'm not sure how I'd calculate the per-unit cost of the solution in these industries.
  1. Food Security
  3. Sustainable Energy
  4. Urban Planning
  10. Others
Maybe this problem will solve itself after I solve problem #1. I'll work on identifying problems by asking relevant people about their industry problems.

I've got 3 days before I have to pitch the idea. For full context, please read the INSIDERS thread here.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.