The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fed Up With Your Country? Where Is Left to Go?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Caribbean islands (even US territories) are about the most economically free places on earth, also a lifestyle I like. Costa Rica is a place that intrigues me, as well as Panama. The Baltics are also intriguing to me, but less likely.

My theory isn’t that these places are inherently more free, I just think they know what’s best for them at the moment. And I’ll take what I can get.

If I have to learn a new language, I would prefer it to be Spanish.

I would sell a testicle to be a Singapore, or Monaco citizen. Probably the two best places on earth, just by pure numbers. Never going to happen though.

Being an American and having the renunciation thing looming over your head, you have so fewer options. You really need different citizenship to just leave and live somewhere else, because if I just moved to Singapore tomorrow, I’d still be an American subject. So there’s no point to the move.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Where I am in Mexico there are McDonald's, Malls, movie theaters, hotels, Walmart... If you wanted to you could pretend you are in USA. However, I've never set foot in any of those (going to Walmart for supplies soon though, a deal is a deal is a deal). I eat churros off the street, my kids are always asking for bolies, we eat probably more pastor than anyone has a right to. We take small vans and busses into the city and town center lots of times. It's not even remotely close to the West the way we are living. That's the way I like it.

If I were richer than I knew what to do, the only thing that would change is the house and the wheels. Larger home (same kind of area), nicer car, private jets, boats. I'd still order pastor by the kg, and get coconut waters and bolies off the street. Being away from those cookie cutter western developments is refreshing. I can always visit them to go see a movie or something anytime I want.
Hell yeah!

When I travel, wherever that may be, I always go exploring and do far more local type stuff than hang out in the resort the whole time.

Believe it or not it’s a trend among Americans to travel and never leave the resort. They say “oh I love Mexico,” but their experience with Mexico is limited to a pool/beach behind a building built by an American hotel chain and the shuttle ride there. The “adventurous” ones go on organized tours.

Don’t get me wrong, I like golf resorts, giant pools and 5 star dining… But for everyday living, you have to see what the community has to offer.

I personally love Mexico. I have seen a lot of it. A great country and great people.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lemme tell you what a difference going somewhere else makes, even if it is just a little north of Dade County, especially when you find some patches of freedom. The happiest I have ever been is today seeing a restaurant full of people without masks while getting something to eat. I'm sure West FL is probably like this so it sucks to be missing out. I wonder how most of the flyover states are doing because it must be nice right now to live in those places especially since they are red states.

Went out to dinner Friday nigh at a local pizza bar. The place was jammed packed, no social distancing BS, lively and spirited, the smell of good food, and not a DAMN MASK in sight. Let me tell you, it was paradise.

There must be a lot of people sick of their country
I've given up on humanity and sick of the world, I'm looking for a new planet. ;)

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
These protests basically do nothing though unless you actually take over the government by force right?

I'm all for it dont get me wrong.
I joigned the protests last week, and will go every saturday unless I have business to do. You may very well be right, I actually think you are, but at least I will have done something. Recent history has shown that when protests are strong enough, politicians have to give in. Apparently, it's growing here. There might be hope. Civil disobedience plus living my life as normally as possible is my way to make a contribution to what I believe is right.

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
I live in Merida, Yucatan (since Feb 2020) and I love it (I'm from Central Europe):

1) Fking cheap real estate and cheap terrains still. You can buy a beautiful 3 bedroom house with garden in a good district at around 200k USD or cheaper (even less if you are willing to build it from scratch). Depending on your needs and zone, it could be even cheaper.
2) Fairly good infrastructure. Not Germany or France but it's very good for a Latin American country. Never been to the US, but I imagine it's better than in many poor/rural US states.
3) 1.2 M population, big enough but not too big like CDMX, Paris, Berlin, NY and other monsters. Doesn't feel like a megalopolis, doesn't feel like a village or a sinkhole either.
4) Summer all year long. It's too hot for some people but it's a part of the lifestyle.
5) Beautiful beach with kitesurfing spots is 20 minutes car drive / 40 minutes bus ride from my house
6) Carribean side - 4 h bus / 3h car drive to Cancun, Tulum, Cozumel (2nd world's biggest coral reef)
7) Way cheaper groceries etc than US, Europe (although it can be more expensive than Eastern Europe)
8) Safest city in Mexico, 2nd safest in both Americas according to many crime statistics
9) Amazing food, rich culture overall
10) Fairly good cultural life (museums, shows, local culture, live music). Of course it's not a big US or European city in that aspect, but I'm good.
11) Good connections to Europe, US, rest of Mexico (CDMX is 2 hours flight away, Florida and Texas as well)
12) One of the biggest expat communities, biggest US expat community in the world as far as I remember
13) Lots of millionaires, entrepreneurs, interesting people from all over the world
14) People are super nice. All my landlords feel like family. They bring food, water, bags of ice, beers...GREAT people! Extremely caring, friendly, hospitable.
15) Great healthcare, people come from other latin american countries and sometimes US to get treatments here. I was personally treated from many skins problem that I couldn't get rid of in Europe.
16) Visually, It's a tropical paradise. Flamingos, crododiles, monkeys, lizard, colorful birds of all sorts, turquise waters, coral reefs, coconuts, coffe, avocado, papayas, markets with fresh food (you can buy a big a$$ shark or amazing reef fish to grill along with fresh fruit and veggies for PENNIES)
17) Mexico has amazing coffe and a big coffe culture if you like to work remotely
18) It's a hidden gem, still not as touristy and "Trendy" as Bali, Thailand etc.
19) Great investment opportunities when it comes to real estate. ROI 7-14%. And you can always rent a house/apartament to rich Americans/Canadians/Europeans.
20) Beautiful, feminine and more down to earth women. A big plus if you're single and ready to mingle.
21) Spanish. I love the language.
22) Cheap labor. I don't ever clean my house, I pay 200 MXn and have it done. I don't care about my garden nor pool, I have it done. You can have a private chef and overall millionaire's life way cheaper.
22) Beautiful colonial architecture. I think it's world's 2nd or 3rd biggest colonial city center, after Havana as far as I remember. Mayan and Spanish legacy around every corner.
23) Rents are awesome too. I rent a modern 250 m2 house (3 bedrooms, big living room + kitchen, 5 bahtrooms, garden, pool, private area in the best district) at 27000 MXN (around 1200 EUR) monthly. House cleaning once a week, gardener and pool cleaning included + fast internet + gas + water + maintenance. I only pay rent and electicity lol. Close to mall, gym, shopping centers, 20 minutes from the beach city of Progreso.
24) Easy to get the residency and just live here for as long you please, without visa runs and bullshit.
25 ) Lots of light, blue skies every day

Is it a perfect place? No. Sometimes it's too hot. It can be chaotic and a bit dirty in the city center, like all Latin cities (and all cities in general). You could get a cultural shock. People don't arrive at time. It's harder to maintain real estate because of the humidity and extreme sun. Sometimes I miss food that I grew up with or walking in the forest. But I can always go to a paradise beach, ruins, cenotes, caves, jungle etc.
But all things considered, Merida is the best that I've found, and I lived in 9 countries and visited 51 overall.

I can post some photos if you guys are interested.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
583%
Nov 13, 2014
Jalisco, Mexico
I've been in Mexico for six weeks now.

If you've never spent time in a developing country before (I haven't), there's definitely some things to adjust to. You can have the full first world experience here, complete with $200 steak dinner, epic condo and ultra-fast internet, but the rich-poor divide is stark, the level of security on people's houses in the nicer areas definitely tells you you're not in Europe anymore, and the rough-around-the-edges vibe is never far away. If you go to the outlying areas of the city, people live in houses that are falling apart on unpaved dirt roads.

Also, if you want to live a first world lifestyle here, it's going to cost you just as much (or probably more) than in Europe. This may be different depending on where in Mexico you go and where in the first world you come from. Our rent here is double what we were paying in Cyprus. Groceries are maybe 15% cheaper. Luxuries and electronics are way more expensive.

That said, having gotten used to all of that, I absolutely love it here. The people are ultra-friendly and welcoming, moreso than any place I've ever been. It feels like a kind, well-functioning, family-oriented, cohesive society that hasn't been torn apart by sociopathic manipulators and social engineers (because it hasn't). I'm picking up Spanish way faster than I ever imagined, without putting any real effort into it so far. The food is great. The natural environment is beautiful. There's tons to do. It's still blazing hot in late October. It's the good life.

And best of all? Barely a hint of corona-tyranny. People are obsessed with masks here, but it's not a manipulative psycho political statement like it is in Europe. Other than the masks, it's like everything is normal. No "social distancing", no show your papers, no cold civil war. Nobody gives a shit about or would dare to enquire regarding your corona status, even when I made a hospital visit here. You can buy Ivor McTin OTC at any pharmacy. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders since we got here. No worrying about what the next psychotic trick the government will pull or other assorted lunacy. Just normal life. And soon enough I'm sure the masks will go away too.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I feel blessed to live in the USA BECAUSE I was lucky enough to have escaped Venezuela. I see people complaining about first world problems like taxes, rules and regulations and I think to myself, what if you lived in Venezuela ?!?, where taxes come in the form of risking your life just to go out and get food, having electricity and water every other day (you are lucky if they coincide to get laundry done), super slow internet (when available), and living in fear of (you or your loved ones) getting kidnapped, raped, or killed. In third world countries also, the more the odds are stacked against those who don't have money and connections.

I guess the only upside in crime riddled third world countries is that in survival mode there is no time to feel depressed or sorry for oneself.

...and now back to my 100-hour indebted servitude job, which the whining in this thread somehow managed to make me thankful for...

Having recently read a diary of an Auschwitz survivor, I understand the sentiment. My parents grew up in communist Poland where life was tough and freedoms were greatly limited while I can enjoy a capitalist society with more freedom. It doesn't mean I can't point out that certain freedoms are going away and that the country might be on a potential downward slope (regardless of how good it is now and how good it is compared to, say, sub-Saharan Africa).

You could say you were lucky enough to be born in Venezuela and not North Korea where you don't even have any electricity, water, Internet, and where you think you live in the best country in the world and your enlightened leader is immortal.

We can always compare down but that doesn't change the fact that people still have the right to complain. Of course, appreciation is necessary but it doesn't exclude speaking up when something is wrong.

I'm pretty sure that when Venezuela was still a normal country, people used to complain, too (some could probably see where it was going). There were probably others saying "you shouldn't complain because you don't live in Somalia."

Countries change. They may still offer a great lifestyle but if they reward laziness, idiot leaders, and make life difficult for people who think for themselves, they will eventually collapse. It really doesn't take that much to go from a stable, prosperous country to a hellhole.

If people don't voice their disapproval, their country might be next in line to become Venezuela or another failed state in one way or another. Yes, it's way worse to live in many countries than in the US but nobody said that the US can't actually become one of these terrible countries relatively soon if they keep up with their policies.

This doesn't apply to the US alone; many countries where life is good are on a similar path. Should we just smile and rejoice we're lucky to live in them, ignorant of the worrying tendencies? Can we never express our opinion that things aren't going the right way? Are we forbidden from seeking places where our future might be better because it's more aligned with our values?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

The latest update of the Skift Recovery Index shows Mexico being the first country in the index to reach pre-pandemic travel levels, registering a score of 100 in June 2021, indexed against June 2019.

While this is further evidence of the strong recovery made by the country’s tourism sector, a closer look at the different travel sectors shows that particularly its lodging sector is booming, compensating for continued weakness in other sectors.

The country’s wider economy (macroeconomics — taking into account unemployment, industrial production, retail sales, and stock market returns) is also back to pre-pandemic levels, but the flight and drive segments still fall short.

All it took to be the first country to recover was not to participate in the global madness.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1st look up Milgram experiment, that’ll show best that we follow orders, including you!

I've opened that thread up because frankly, the way things are escalating in the world, things are getting frightening.

It won't be the politicians who exercise their evil plans, it will be the easily manipulated citizenry who can't break free from their herd mentality.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
It depends a lot, because I have a family and moving is very, very difficult. Here I have my job and they pay me well, but I am not happy with the situation here and I want a better future for my children. So I'm thinking of moving and going to Europe.

When I moved abroad with my kids many years ago I considered 2 viewpoints:

1- This will be difficult with kids and maybe I should wait until they are out of school

2- It is selfish of me to intentionally deprive my kids of the life experience of living abroad when I know I can make it happen.

I chose #2.

I'm not disparaging anyone for their choices, just sharing my own internal thought process there.

Today my daughter travels the world for her work and has dual citizenship and has lived in half a dozen countries.

My middle son has taken a more conservative approach but this living and traveling abroad opened his mind up and made him a more confident person.

My youngest is a teen and has been to 25-30 countries and has friends all over the world.

I would never trade these life experiences for my kids in exchange for the white picket fence comfort.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
First, that’s because I’ve never read a medical book that I’m not pretending to know more than people who spend their entire life in that. Just like I’m not pretending to know more of you in business. Sure, I’m not saying that everything you say in business is right, but I have to ARGUMENT on why you’re wrong, otherwise my opinion counts 0.

second, didn’t know about Gilman’s life and don’t want to be rude or anything but…why do we have to believe him and don’t believe the others thousands of medics that are saying the opposite? Because they are on yourBut “non approved” list?

we have 99 medics that say one thing, and 1 medic that says the opposite, and we have to give credit to this (not Gilman, in general) contrarian (don’t know if it’s the right word, sorry) medic? Why? I’ll tell you why, because going against the crowd makes you feel more intelligent and special, so you find every excuse to do that.
I am one of the many on this forum that knows @GIlman personally.

I'm one of the people that has health conditions that warrant taking the vaccine. Went down immediately to get it when it came available. Not afraid of it and wish the 70%+ of people would step in line.

But, when Gilman speaks, I do listen. He is a brilliant yet humble individual and I have never seen traits in him that would lead me to believe that he wants to be seen as special or smarter than anyone else. He is simply a fact driven person.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Left Canada for Mexico back in November. When I told my family that I wanted to get out before they closed the borders again they said I was crazy. Not too long after I left all flights to Mexico and the Caribbean were cancelled until May I believe.

Although @GPM and I have different views of Quintana Roo (maybe I'd feel differently if I had a family) I am really enjoying my life here in Playa del Carmen. Sure, if you go down the walking street you're going to get harassed to buy trinkets and drugs, but I enjoy a good sales pitch. Just say no gracias and keep walking.

If you're going into a big corporate store, they require a mask. As you get out of the more touristy and populated areas, people care less about them. In Bacalar last week most restaurants and stores didn't ask for it.

The only time I've dealt with crime since I've been here was when I was renting a car. I went into Wal Mart for 20 minutes, came out and the lock on my door had been popped. Now, the cops said that some rental companies will go around and look for their cars to do damage to and collect cash. My friend here told me that thieves here won't mess with any locals vehicles (rental cars have obvious stickers) for fear of messing with the wrong person's ride and getting popped. So I just bought my own, haven't had any issues even though it kinda sticks out.

When I lived in Viet Nam I got used to always having cash in my pocket for when you get pulled over. 99% of the time the cops just want a bribe to go away. Pretty much the same deal here.

A few months back I flew to Guadalajara with my girlfriend so that we could drive her car back here (24 hour drive) over half the country. Stayed on the toll highways and even drove at night some times, had no issues.

If you keep to yourself and just don't be an a**hole to locals, you'll be fine. I'd rather have to deal with some organized crime than the big-time organized criminals (government) back where I'm from.

Other people commenting have a good point in that these restrictions and the government overreach will eventually get everywhere, but I feel like Mexicans don't take too kindly when politicians treat them poorly, and there are plenty of instances of the people burning down their houses, dragging them through the streets throwing rocks at them. The revolutionary spirit is still very alive in Chiapas and I've been told by my employees that there are whole communities where they have their own currencies and they govern themselves, the state government doesn't even try coming in.

Maybe in the end I'll be wrong and the gov here will clamp down, but I sure am glad I'm here and not back home. Been having some of the best times of my life here.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
You say there is a consensus, please define what you mean by that, because I see no consensus at all. Consensus implies universal acceptance and that is certainly not true.

There are certainly many many highly qualified people with grave concerns about both the vaccine itself, how it is being administered, and the general approach to Covid.

Robert Malone, the very creator of mRNA technology has been voicing his grave concerns about trends in what data we have regarding the vaccine administration. What happened, Wikipedia removed mention of him as the mRNA vaccine founder, and google, you tube, and Facebook removed discussions with him taking about his concerns.

Frontline critical care physicians and other giving testimony in front of congress have had video of their testimony scrubbed from but tech platforms.

Facebook labels anything that deviates from the official information as disinformation. Even though the CDC itself continues to reverse its positions on many things, so lots of stuff that one day is considered misinformation the next day is plausible or likely. Laboratory origin of Covid anyone - that now appears by far the most likely explanation.

What I see is not a consensus at all, I see that one side of the argument is elevated and one side oppressed or outright banned.

Equally bad, many people who would offer opinions and insights are self sensoring because they worry about being punished such as losing their social media accounts or worse. This only exacerbates the problem and creates the illusion of a consensus where there is none.

As I said before, I am not anti vaccine at all. In my view people at high risk of Covid should get the vaccine because Covid poses a high risk to those people. The risk of Covid however to young people is nearly non-existent, and that is the data. In fact In the under 19 crowd there are more annual deaths from influenza on average than Covid. Complications in this age group from Covid are also incredibly small. In the young adult crowd the risk is also very low compared to people over age 60 when it starts to rise nearly exponentially.

Both the risk of Covid and benefit of the vaccine are therefore very dependent on the age and health of the person. In the end it is and should be a personal decision. @robertwills You did the right thing for you, spoke with your doctor, weighed your personal situation, personal risks of Covid, and your risk tolerance to try experimental treatment. Then you came to the conclusion that the vaccine was right for you. Bravo, that’s exactly how medicine should work.

We call it Informed Consent, and it is considered a requirement in medical care. There are two parts to that, one that the person is made aware of treatment benefits, risk, and also alternatives. And that the person gives their consent without pressure, threat, or coercion. Informed consent is even more emphasized in research situations such as this vaccine operating under and emergency use authorization, which by definition is experimental.

When it comes to Covid vaccines we are violating the principles of informed consent. People are being told the benefits, but they are not being told the risks many of which are known, and they are certainly not being advised on alternatives. Furthermore there is massive pressure, implied threats, and coercion for people to get the vaccine. In fact there are down right bribes on TV in the form of lotteries, free food and other stuff.

One of my grave concerns about this vaccine or any rushed vaccine is a late complication called Vaccine-Induced Enhancement. Here is one of many papers on the subject.

Vaccine induced enhancement is the phenomenon where future viral infections are made much worse in people who have been previously vaxinated. The reason is because the immune system contributes in responding to the illness in a way that is detrimental or lethal in someone who has specific antibodies from some vaccine. Here is one paper talking about the very risks of this with the Covid 19 vaccine.

Does this mean that the vaccine will cause this, no!! It means that there are some pretty dangerous and often catastrophic risks long term from vaccines because they forever change your bodies physiology. And we simply do not know the long term effects at this time.

That is why I said that who chooses to get the vaccine should be done just like we do all of medicine, based on the needs and risks of the individual….and only after uncoerced informed consent.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Not to be a party pooper but this thread was supposed to be about discussing places that appreciate entrepreneurs and job providers (and in general offer better opportunities for freedom-loving people), not about the vaccine...
Is Mars or the moon an option yet? Earth sucks.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I looked them up. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I was very hesitant to take the vaccine but I did my own research and listened to my doctor. It's a risk I felt I should take. I felt relieved when I and my family was fully vaxinated.
Thank you for your service.

I'm glad there are people like you who blindly listen to the mainstream narrative and do as your told.

You are part of the mRNA test group and the largest human drug trial in history.

I'm happy to be in the control group and managing my immune system thru eating well, exercise and supplements.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Dude, stop wasting your time in these topics.

you know, you don’t have to listen to your internet marketing guru who only makes 28k/year BUT you have to listen to people who have never opened a medical textbook in their life but are smarter than everyone on the planet by simply surfing the net.

“We need communism because the “eXpErtS,” who you and I have no business disagreeing with say so.”

CDD29A47-48C3-48AB-9F22-8488FC186625.jpeg93523E81-660F-44B3-9C24-85DB5867FE2A.jpeg

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Wowza, this thread got lit up!

It should be renamed to "Fed Up With Your (Pandemic) Life? Here's Where You Can Vent."

I'm really sorry to hear about @Timmy C's terrible lockdown situation and all the people who are suffering now (for whatever covid-related reason, whether they're pro or anti-vaccine) but I think that it's better to discuss solutions than fuel the outrage-driven discourse being pimped everywhere these days.

As for the thread, in August or September I might be heading to one of the smaller Balkan countries to check out how life is there now (Albania or maybe Montenegro, not sure yet). In the fall I'd like to visit some tropical Asian country (Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Malaysia?) but it depends on the restrictions.

But wherever I end up going, I'm definitely NOT going to a country that will have strict restrictions (I'm enjoying a relatively restriction-free summer in Poland now and don't want to go back to lockdown mask everywhere mode).

One geographical region that can be super interesting for the right person are the "stan" countries. I visited Kyrgyzstan a few years ago and in many aspects it felt like the American frontier. We rented an offroad car from a rental agency that was operated by, I believe, an American, and I'm pretty sure he was doing very well with his business (offroad adventures are very common in Kyrgyzstan and Kazachstan). I have no idea about the politics and business regulations but it all felt optional there anyway lol.

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
Something interesting I have noticed is how with delta variant there had been a huge emphasis on transmissibility, but we don’t really hear much about lethality. My hunch has been that even though it is more transmissible it is probably less lethal, which is common for pathogens to become less lethal over time…and that’s why all the talk is focused on transmissibility.

Because many people are already terrified of Covid, saying it is more transmissible, the assumption those scared people make is that it is equally risky.

Here is a large data set from the UK

Inside I found this interesting chart. I’m this chart it shows the number of deaths for the delta variant at about 10% for the population as from the original alpha variant.

78AFF8C5-E9A6-402E-A649-CAE126372747.jpeg

This isn’t broken down by vaxxed/unvaxxed, so certainly vaccination status may contribute, and likely does, to some of the reduction in deaths. But even if that is the case, in the view that 1/10 of the people are dying from Covid delta vs the original there is far less justification for delta to be used to drive lockdowns, masking, etc.

We have to ask ourselves. What level of risk would be acceptable to the government from Covid. Is there any risk the government would ever accept that it wouldn’t over react to? What if foxtrot variant had deaths 1/1,000 of alpha, will it still be used as propaganda to suppress the population? Is/has the response to Covid ever really been about health or a pretext for control?

This has been the think in general with Covid, the governments are actually producing reports and data saying one thing, then policies and what they say to the population have been another.

The reality is that all human viruses and pathogens have risk associated with them. The elderly and sick always have been at higher risk of disease and death, and always will be. On occasion otherwise young and healthy people will be infected, become severely sick, and sometime die. Anyone in medicine has seen these cases. It is simply not possible to live in a risk free world, Liberty and freedom demand acceptance that there is and always will be risk to living.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You can't make this shit up.

I am entering a "snap lockdown"

Lock Downs work so well, we have to do it forever.
See lockdowns are a policy that doesn’t consider the future whatsoever. This fact was the biggest frustration I had with the policy.

So sure, you keep people from ever seeing or interacting with one another, the spread of a virus wouldn’t happen. Got it.

But, the only way for a lockdown to actually work is to literally lock the planet down, every single person, and make sure that the virus dies. It’s impossible.

So they’ll let you out of this lockdown and the damn virus would just spread again. It does literally nothing other than procrastinate the inevitable. It isn’t a solution and people that see it as one are intellectually dead.

It is a tiny benefit today at a massive expense to tomorrow. Kill the golden goose shit.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I own a model brand and have a few plus sized models, but very selective, they originally got on the team due to their beauty, marketability, and influence. Douches like yourself who took the time to take a picture of a clothing advertisement and put on the Internet besides moving on their way just motivate to expand my plus size teammates, thank you.
I am 100% for marketing for plus sized people. To not do so would be foolish and literally exclude more than half of potential customers.

However, I don't like promoting that as being healthy and something to strive for. That's like saying someone who is on welfare is economically equal and should be as celebrated as a successful entrepreneur

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
For those saying that Latin America is a good place to go, I recommend you to do a very thorough research, because, from Spain, the last 5 years I've been seeing a lot of red flags. Most people there have been slowly leaning towards supporting (even demanding) authoritarian self-destrictive international socialism (comunism) and all the countries that have been having some sort of progress they demolished it and reverted back decades.

Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil looks like some of the few resisting it. Look for inexpensive, safe places that welcome foreigners and entrepeneurs. Also, I believe it's Paraguay, if you make it your permanent residence you'll pay 0% income taxes for foreign businesses.

Everyday it looks clearer that the anglosphere it's working hard towards Orwelian authoritanism and their "allies" are following their lead.

Speaking of Orwell, and this will be most interesting for those of you who are in love with Barcelona and that region, do you know where did he get his inspiration from? George Orwell was a leftist who came to Catalonia (Spain), because back then (a few years before the Civil War) there was a big separatist movement "fighting for their liberation".

Soon he realized that everything was a lie, that he was a fool and had to escape when the purges and conflicts between anarchists and communists began. He witnessed the mass kidnappings, torturings and propaganda of those who before considered comrades.

His writings are based on those experiences as a warning.

And I can guarantee you that nothing has changed in 100 years, that region is beautiful but filled with hateful people. If something happens to you no one will defend you because your rights are meaningless. Do you really want to live in a place where at least a third of the population want to mass murder and your happiness depends on being lucky?

Finally, millions of hispanics come here trying to leave their sh*tholes, they have kids and when they become adults, guess what do they vote for?

Beaches, food, weather, friendships are all bait to trap you. So as I said before, unless you want to take advantage of the Passport by investment program and then run away to Eastern Europe or to spend a week or two for vacations, don't ever think to come.

Writing this hurts because I was born here but it's necessary to warn people.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I'm coming to Florida in December.

Leaving Australia on a tourist visa and will get a work visa while im over there.

If I sacrifice more freedom for safety any longer I will explode.

Need a break from the Aussies.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thanks for creating the new thread.

I believe that one of the most well-traveled entrepreneurs these days is Andrew Henderson from the Nomad Capitalist (or at least he's the most outspoken one).

Out of all the countries he has visited, in his video on choosing only three countries to live in, he chose Malaysia, Mexico, and Serbia. And that's coming from a guy who has been to well over a hundred countries and is only going where he's treated best.

@ZF Lee are you familiar with Nomad Capitalist? Why do you think he enjoys Malaysia so much and considers it a place where he is treated better than in other places? Why don't you?

@Zaratustra can speak about that. I believe he's pretty happy freedom-wise in Georgia.

No idea specifically about Estonia but the Baltics in general seem to be a pretty neutral place. They have a very solid creative startup scene considering how small they are. Their small size also seems to protect them from the worst of tyranny (hard to be a despot in a country with 1-2 million inhabitants).

Costa Rica?

As far as I know they've had some very silly lockdown restrictions. Some are still enforced, like only cars with odd numbers being allowed to drive on one day and only cars with even numbers being allowed to drive on another.

Other than that, while it might be a pretty good country to retire and live by the beach like a bum but it's probably challenging for entrepreneurs and/or people who want to have access to online shopping, a startup scene, etc.

Many people have been enjoying it a lot already. If Mexico finally gets rid of the organized crime problem and general corruption and violence it could become one of the best countries in the world.

The countries that oppose the global tax idea may also possibly be signaling they prefer to compete like entrepreneurs and not like tyrannical bureaucrats:

Ireland, Estonia, Hungary, Peru, Barbados, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Kenya.

Out of these, @Fox can talk about Ireland but as far as I know he doesn't think the country is heading in the right direction.

I lived in Barbados and it's a very nice place climate-wise and surfing-wise but it's a very small island so you won't be building a huge business there nor getting access to a lot of stuff you can easily buy in bigger countries. They're also so small they can easily be beaten into submission by the bigger countries.

I believe there are some forum members from Nigeria here as well as perhaps from Kenya. Africa could be an interesting possibility in the coming years.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Why would you run from the greatest country on earth?
Are you serious? I am not sure that there are any metrics that would call USA the greatest country on Earth. Maybe it once was, but it ranks fairly low on most scales these days.

Happiness, economic and personal freedom, health, opportunity. Not sure it's in the top for any of those

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Why would you run from the greatest country on earth?

Because it's no longer the greatest country on Earth? Ask @Kak for his opinion LOL.

I know that plenty of Americans still believe that but the world has largely moved on and there are many great countries, some arguably way better than the US in many aspects.

You have more freedom to do business in dozens of countries.

You have better quality of food in Europe, just to give one example.

You have more peace and personal security in countless countries where homeless people, gangbangers, and drug addicts aren't the norm in big cities and where crazy people don't go shooting others at random places.

You have better healthcare and a much healthier population in dozens of countries, too.

I'm not saying it to attack the US. I'm just saying it to demonstrate that the point of this thread is that the US is no longer the greatest place to be for many people (perhaps it still is for you and that's fine).

In my childhood, people dreamed of immigrating to the US (I'm not from there). These days, nobody says it anymore. It's no longer that incredible place full of opportunities and a better lifestyle. Often, people seek greener pastures everywhere but in the US.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Where I am in Mexico there are McDonald's, Malls, movie theaters, hotels, Walmart... If you wanted to you could pretend you are in USA. However, I've never set foot in any of those (going to Walmart for supplies soon though, a deal is a deal is a deal). I eat churros off the street, my kids are always asking for bolies, we eat probably more pastor than anyone has a right to. We take small vans and busses into the city and town center lots of times. It's not even remotely close to the West the way we are living. That's the way I like it.

If I were richer than I knew what to do, the only thing that would change is the house and the wheels. Larger home (same kind of area), nicer car, private jets, boats. I'd still order pastor by the kg, and get coconut waters and bolies off the street. Being away from those cookie cutter western developments is refreshing. I can always visit them to go see a movie or something anytime I want.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Because it's no longer the greatest country on Earth? Ask @Kak for his opinion LOL.

I can think of at least 10 countries I'd rather live in than the US right off the top of my head.

You have more freedom to do business in dozens of countries.

This is true, but the US remains a huge consumer market so "doing" business in the US is still viable, but technology allows us to do this without having to live there. Gotta love tech...

You have more peace and personal security in countless countries where homeless people, gangbangers, and drug addicts aren't the norm in big cities and where crazy people don't go shooting others at random places.

We noticed this earlier this year when we did and RV roadtrip across the US (twice) and then spent a few months in Mexico.

Every city we went to in the US was full of panhandlers and bums. In 3 months in Mexico, I saw 2 panhandlers, total. In Austin, TX I saw at least 2 every block.

It's pretty depressing to see so many bums in the US despite the country being full of opportunity.

You have better healthcare and a much healthier population in dozens of countries, too.

I avoid US "healthcare" at all costs. Every time I go to the eye doctor in the US it feels like I'm transported back to 1985 compared to my eye doctor in Lithuania.

Some of the best healthcare I've ever received was in Mexico. If I lived in the US now, I'd fly to Mexico for anything beyond a standard checkup or a teeth cleaning.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.