The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fed Up With Your Country? Where Is Left to Go?

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
So I am in lockdown again.
There is no end in sight to this madness.
This stopped being about health a very long time ago.
19 cases statewide, and the ENTIRE STATE is in lockdown.
We have been locked down more than anywhere else in the entire world.
My friends are losing their businesses left and right over this stuff, it's actually not even surprising at this point.

For a handful of cases? The virus isn't out of control, but the government certainly is.

Last edited:

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
I'm betting the objective is to turn vaxinated citizens against the unvacinnated, transferring the blame of lockdowns from the politicians to citizens who want nothing to do with a rushed vaccine.

The media will convince the sheep that the lockdowns are to blame on the "anti-vaxxers," not politicians.

What's going on in the world is like watching a low-IQ prime time movie on NBC, except it is real.

I think the objective runs much deeper than that. Something very odd and bad is going on, I first saw signals about it around April or may last year.

Things are operating in a way that they never have before. FDA/CDC are not acting in rationale ways to promote health and well-being.

As an example, the standards of evidence and safety are not being applied equally to therapeutics. Any new expensive therapeutic with minimal study and analysis is recommended and pushed as a treatment for Covid, yet anything that shows increasing strong evidence to treat Covid but is already on market, cheap, and out of patent we are being told that the data they work is not acceptable.

On top of this the CDC has been actively working with Facebook to ban discussion of these low cost and apparently highly effective treatments. But if you read the emergency use authorization (EUA), there is another motive likely behind the public being denied any drugs that work. The EUA is contingent on the condition that there are no effective therapies for Covid.

If the CDC comes out with treatment guidelines for Covid with medication, the EUA would be invalidated and the Covid vaccines would be subject to actual rigorous study and approval.

The Covid vaccine is not being rigorously studied, it is being pushed regardless of any stopping condition in the name of the emergency. They have not designed and are not collecting rigorous data on the people that they have administered it to.

Realize under an EUA by definition something is still experimental. Those who have received the vaccine, did you fill out any questionnaire following your doses, did you visit with any physician or other person to detail your experience? If not then your data and others is not being collected to analyze the impact of the vaccine.

All of this is interesting/concerning, but the question I really have is why? What is the end game?

On one hand it seems pretty clear that big pharma has captured the CDC/FDA. But as time goes on I’ve become increasing concerned about how coordinated things are world wide.

I’ve been looking and watching, but many of the countries I thought were bastions of reasonable government have become highly oppressive, often even more so than the US.

For now there appear to be some reasonable countries left, but it seems they are in the minority. And based on the experience of the last year, any country seems to be able to flip on a dime towards repression. It all just seems to crazy and unimaginable.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
But what's the motive behind forcing this vaccine on people? At the very least it is money.

I've considered this too and the only thing I can think of is forcing so many people into a human trial of mRNA technology.

From the economic perspective, drug companies make huge money on vaccines and for the c19 vaccine since it is mostly free (well....) to individuals the govts pay for it.

Of course in reality, everyone pays for it through taxation and inflationary monetary policy so trillions in money printing helps the drug companies and the politicians as well as their close cronies.

In the fractional reserve banking system, the closer you are to the money printing, the greater the benefit you gain. The farther away you are from the money printing, the more pain you will suffer.

In this case politicians, their cronies, primary banks, and drug companies are the closest to the money printing, thus they get the most economic benefit.

Guess where we fall on that spectrum...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Well then he's certainly in the minority among doctors when it comes to the covid vaccines. But so were the creators of the rna vaccine so who knows. I'm just glad I got the vaccine and I know there was a risk. So far so good.
Please. The minority? The only doctors allowed to speak have Fauci’s dick on their breath.

Everyone else is dismissed, just like you did there, under the same guise. There’s no consensus. There’s no agreement. There’s just propaganda and censorship that literally makes critical thinkers trust it less by the day.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Not to be a party pooper but this thread was supposed to be about discussing places that appreciate entrepreneurs and job providers (and in general offer better opportunities for freedom-loving people), not about the vaccine...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
adding some positives to a rather negative thread. Pic from today… no complaints here

have a nice day fellow fastlaners.

36ED93FC-5D60-4079-B7CC-F2B18E897E0D.jpeg488AB7A7-9EB1-49EE-BA68-FA15E0078C70.jpeg

Last edited:

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
On the topic of WHERE to be, even during the covid bs, Latvia is an amazing place from about April to October. Nice weather, great food, beautiful and walkable city (Riga) as well as really great smaller towns like Sigulda and Kuldiga as well as some of the most beautiful natural beaches anywhere.

If you like cold weather and snow, the winters are also really nice, but as earlier mentioned this year will be a risk due to potential covid bs.

Antalya Turkey last year was great. Right on the beach, low cost of living, good food and amazing winter weather. No restrictions for tourists either.

Puerto Vallarta Mexico was great also. Amazing food, the city is on the beach but the mountains are nearby, low cost of living, tons of expats.

Playa del Carmen was my fav so far. Again, amazing food (I'm officially a tacoholic now), right on the beach, tons of outdoor activities nearby, tons of amazing resorts in case you want to do a day pass just for the resort feel, low cost of living, great entrepreneur and expat community.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Not being vaxinated does violate the rights of everyone else. I am not for mandates. I am for creating a culture where everyone does the right thing for their own benefit and that of others. The world is in crisis
Uhhhh........ Wtf?

The world is in a government crisis, not a health crisis. I am not sure the measures that have taken place are warranted for something with a survival rate of like 99.96% or whatever it is.

What about the crisis of nearly half the planet being obese? How is that not a crisis??? The leading causes of early death in the western world are almost all preventable. Baring outside factors from injury or the fact that sometimes humans get sick, there is an absolute F*ck ton that we as humans can do to stay alive and live long healthy lives.

I just got back from Costco (again) where we no longer need masks. I saw so many huge whales of human beings wearing masks in the store. So these people have given up on personal responsibility regarding their health, but somehow a flimsy piece of cloth in front of their face is going to keep them safe. Keep sucking back those 1L pops and stuff your face with those $1 Costco hot dogs.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I am for people doing whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate the rights of anyone else. Not being vaxinated does violate the rights of everyone else. I am not for mandates. I am for creating a culture where everyone does the right thing for their own benefit and that of others. The world is in crisis and it looks like it will not go away unless we all cooperate. It's a time where everyone should do their part to eliminate this serious virus. We can have fun doing it and when it ends maybe we can eliminate all the violations of governments around the world. That will be the third and final stage of the social world.

I officially give up on you. This may be the dumbest post I've read on the forum in my decade plus as a member here.

Specifically "Not being vaxinated does violate the rights of everyone else. "

You are in the wrong place. This forum is for intelligent, thinking adults.

And no, I'm not advocating for an echo chamber. Your posts have repeatedly shown you are not a thinking person. Even your post about taking your doctors advice. You admitted you didn't research and only listened to what you are told.

I am not going to block you (although maybe I should) only because I am now amused by the sheer volume of stupidity you keep responding with.

allen0879

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
384%
Sep 21, 2018
I've started to search for 100+ acres of land in rural America. Build a house down a long path with a gate.

My goal is to live as independently as possible in all areas of my life and be prepared for anything.

Live a quiet life, work on my farm, teach my kids how to be self sufficient, be responsible for defending myself. Use technology, but not rely completely on it. Internet goes down and I can't run my internet biz? Welp, I better start working with my hands and helping my neighbors. No power to charge my Kindle? Welp, good thing I've got all physical books.

I want get away from people and the "culture virus" that is wiping out brains and free thinking in our society.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Just want to share my opinion on some of the stuff posted here about Ireland as I have lived here all of my life including during the last year and a half of lock downs. I also traveled to Poland and Spain twice during the lockdowns even when my country deemed it illegal/major fines (2k euro) to travel unnecessarily.

Firstly, that video posted with the death statistics for Ireland is highly misleading. We had one of the strictest lockdowns in the world and for the lengthiest time - 2km limit from your house or fined. Due to the way our economy is set up (tax haven basically), a large amount of our workforce is in tech so all these workers could work from home and their wages plus the increased corporation tax due to all the tech companies growing massively during the worldwide lockdowns allowed our government to basically pay for the entire non-essential/cant work from home workforce to stay at home on very good money. This meant that our covid cases/deaths were very low compared to other countries who didn't or halfheartedly locked down.

I was a covid skeptic until January 2021. I knew a number of people who had the virus up until that point and I agreed it existed ect but didn't see it as a major problem. The speed with which is ripped through my city where literally hundreds of my friends all got sick around the same time. Entire houses that I manage as part of my business 5-6 college students per house all in bed at the same time ill.

I then moved on to the opinion that the elderly, underlying conditions and anybody who wanted the vaccine should take it. Then let everything open up once anyone who wishes to get the vaccine has got it. Anyone who chooses not to get it, that is their choice but they now have to deal with any consequences of that decision.

I still stand by that opinion now. All of my family had gotten the vaccine and I finally decided I would sign up for it as they brought in vaccine passports for travel/indoor eating here. I was put on a waiting list and a few days before I was able to get a vaccine I caught covid. I couldn't walk for two days, lost 10lbs, crazy brainfog/headaches, coughing, massive fatigue. Probably the worst illness I have ever experienced in my life. I am getting over it now and after 2.5 weeks I am mostly fine 90% energy back and a lingering random cough but I'll be good in a few more days I believe.

The part I am most happy about is that I now don't need a vaccine.

I was in close contact with family members who have serious underlying medical conditions around the time my covid symptoms began. They were all vaxinated and didn't contract covid from me thankfully.
This is how it should work I believe. I'm young 23, no underlying conditions, 6ft 4 - 170lbs. Once everyone who wants a vaccine is covered we should open up. England is doing it now and so far it looks to be working.

I was pretty pissed off with my government over the last year and a half but in reality they are just humans who are reading the same media garbage we are. They acted with an abundance of caution here. Now once the vulnerable have received their vaccine we can go back to normal and anyone who doesn't get the vaccine can contract covid and easily recover or get very sick... in other words they had a choice to accept a risk so the result of that is their problem.

* It's kind of hard to read some of the posts here from people on both sides of the argument as it's obvious that a lot of the talking points on both sides are being fed by external groups with agendas... be it the government, opposing political parties who want to get you emotional against the other side to increase your likelyhood to turn up to vote for them, people profiting by building significant followings of 'trust the science' and buy my book. Also on the other side people who want you to follow their 'group of american patriots who don't kneel' and buy their merch or watch their youtube videos... everyone is selling something.. and what they want is your attention. You also have other actors like Russia/Iran/China who just want to divide the Western World in general and make it look extremely chaotic so that it is less appealing for their citizens to aspire to.

I feel like in Ireland we miss out on a lot of this information warfare as we aren't strategically important.. The UK experiences it just as much as America as many countries want to use them to try and break up the EU for strategic reasons.

As for the strictly business/lifestyle element of Ireland.

Pros:

- English Speaking
- Highly Educated Potential Workforce
- No Dramatic Weather - Never too cold, never too warm
- Incredibly easy to form a company and super low taxes. Many people will set up their companies in Ireland even if they don't live here. Low bureaucracy in this regard.
- Member of the EU so you can sell to the entire EU market and travel/live within the EU.
- Very social (fun) country, very low crime.
- Stable government, they won't just take your assets/money randomly.
- Close to Europe.. quick cheap flights with Ryanair to anywhere

Cons:

- Weather is just rain all the time pretty much
- Housing crisis if you decide to live here the COL is very expensive
- Cost of insurance is crazy compared to many other countries
- Poor public healthcare system, private system is ok(ish)

Conclusion: Set up and run a business from Ireland but live in a lower COL country where your money goes further so that you can enjoy comforts that would be too expense to have in Ireland. Also, somewhere where the weather is better but ultimately you take advantage of Irelands very business friendly laws and low bureaucracy.

Last edited:

Actionfaker

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 12, 2020
NL
I'll be honest. This is really depressing and it's affecting everyone around me big time.

I am fully convinced everyone will comply.
Everyone believes these cunts.

This lawsuit is the last hope.
People begging for their life back.

This shit has just smelt like corruption for at least the last few months.
Blatant and in your face type of shit.
Get your shit together mate, if you're giving up now, what state will you be in if things really start to go bad (hoping they won't obviously)? Easy for me to say, I know, I'm pissed off enough about it and things aren't half as crazy here as in you area.

I think it's important to keep in mind that the vast majority of people are decent, contrary to what you might see in the media and online. So while that doesn't mean they can't be misinformed and bad things can't continue to happen, there will be enough good people to stand up against what isn't right eventually.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but all the Australians I've met seemed like laid-back, cool people, none of whom who'd consider me a threat to society if I left my house at a not by the government approved time or didn't wear a piece of cloth which pretty much every RCT showed to be ineffective, or very marginally effective, what the hell do I know (not on Mario's approved list of experts anyway).

I'd recommend you keep focusing on doing what's right for yourself and those around you, no matter how insignificant it might seem compared to these big bad things that have happened and might continue to happen and try to keep perspective: if you keep looking for things to confirm things are shit and will keep heading further in that direction, I'm sure you'll find them. Maybe even keep looking at the other side of the argument from time to time: I know it can be painful to watch CNN or read the factcheckers or 'debunkers' when they have such a blatantly obvious conflict of interest, but every now and then they'll have a point and it will prevent you from getting stuck in your own echo chamber (not that I think you would, you seem like a smart guy) and I guess at this stage everyone is very biased on the topic.

For me one good thing that's come out of all of this is I'm learning a lot more about health. I thought I knew some things, but turns out I didn't know anything and still don't really, just like most people, which might be part of the explanation why people just comply: there's this scary thing in the world now and there's just nothing we can do about it except 'follow the experts'. That still doesn't excuse governments from virtually making no mention of obesity and boosting your immune system, while this is all supposedly about health and they're doing everything to protect us supposedly in my humble opinion.

For you it might be moving to Mexico or whatever. It might not have come in the way you'd have like it, but things rarely do, it's a very cool option to be contemplating in any case.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

“I came back for the passing of my mother, I was locked in a hotel room while she passed away, denied an exemption to see her, and now I am subjected to proving my life overseas, in order to leave again?” the 35-year-old said.

“My life is overseas, my work is there, my partner is there, I’ve just lost my mother, and now I can be denied to go back and seek comfort from my partner?

“She has not been allowed in with me and now I might be denied leaving? What has this country come to?“
The [Queensland] Premier goes overseas to the Olympics, the Prime Minister goes to check out his family history in England.

Pure evil. There is no other word for it. The politicians should be sentenced for crimes against humanity.

masterneme

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Apr 13, 2015
Hi,

I'm from Spain and after reading the thread I want to tell people who suggested to come if it's a good idea.

Short answer:

DON'T. EVER. SPAIN IS DEAD.

Long answer:

Have you read what Tommy C has written about Australia? It's pretty similar here. We just stopped last month wearing mandatory mask everywhere, but we still need to have them in public indoor places. And the previous month we stopped curfew. This means that for more than a year we have been forced to wear masks and be at home before 23:00, 22:00 in some places. A year lockdown. And most probably when the winter comes we will have more restrictions again.

Our government is a coallition of hateful anti-Spanish parties:

-Spanish Socialists which 90 years ago were the main provoquers of the Civil War, murdering and torturing tens of thousands of innocents. Instead of disappearing they're in the government and they have been 2 other times in the past 40 years, leading the country to severe unemployment rates, misery and loss of rights, EVERY, SINGLE, TIME.

They have been involved in some huge corruption cases, making them the most corrupt party in Europe, which adding other parties to the mix, in Spain politicians have stolen billions making us one of the most if not the most corrupt European country in modern history.

-Communists. Yes you read that right, in the government there are communists making decisions about our Society. They overtly state they want us to be like Venezuela.

And in the Parliament we also have 5 separatist parties, one of them supported the terrorist group ETA with dozens of bombings, kidnapppings, assasinations and hundreds of murders on their hands.

Taxes have gone through the roof, we have an unemployment rate of 30% and 50% if we only consider young people.

Hospitals and primary attention is very restricted and if you have an accident you may very well die because of being unattended.

Millions have lost their jobs, tens of thousand of businesses closed forever and many don't even have to eat (google "colas del hambre").

Tourism? Destroyed. Crime and suicide rates? To the Moon. Barcelona has been named by some the crime capital of Europe and in Madrid there're several no-go zones.

And we're importing 500+ illegal aliens per day.

The worst part is that all of this happens with the full approval and support from the majority of people and things won't get better... nobody protests, nobody does anything, VERY SAD...

I could write for hours but I think you get the idea, DON'T EVER COME TO SPAIN, it's a walking corpse and you'll be severely punished if you do.

I know, the food and the weather is so good, right? Then just come for a couple of weeks and then get out. But to live? HAHAHA NO HELL NO. You would be better off going to Andorra or Portugal and making small visits here from time to time.

Seriously, suggesting Spain as a destination made me chuckle, but I understand why, Spain's perception worldwide is usually good and our internal sociopolitical complexities get overlooked, which is why I wrote this post, so you don't get fooled.

Needless to say, I'm already making plans to get out of this shithole.

Good luck everyone and stay strong.

PS: Pro tip, don't get too involved in what MSM says, you'll get paranoid and stop investing time and energy in what matters, which is your life. Make plans and be prepared for what can happen but take into account that MSM and politicians are fearmongers and if you fall for it, you lose. If I payed attention to what the media says here I would go insane.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
How is the situation in Poland? I was supposed to go there this month for a music festival (outdoor) that got cancelled due to the restrictions. I figured it was the same as the rest of Europe. Are bars and clubs open?

I have stopped watching nearly all the news so I cant speak for the official rules but day to day living it is great.

I have only worn a mask one time in Poland in months - I stayed at an upscale hotel in Warsaw and they asked me only one time in the Lobby to put one on (they gave me one since I don't own any anymore ha).

Other than that I have been to gyms, shopping markets, malls, cinemas, shops, cafes, restaurants etc - no mask.
No one really cares. Sometimes I see people wear them when buying food but it's like less than half of the people.

Actually, there is one mall in the trendy part of Gdansk (Forum mall) that seems to wear them a lot.
It is mostly younger people too which I thought was kinda strange. But I rarely go there.

So ya everyday life is nearly 100% normal. Apart from talking to my family, social media and checking the forum, I forget about it sometimes. I really hope it can stay that way. But winter is coming...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Many people have been enjoying it a lot already. If Mexico finally gets rid of the organized crime problem and general corruption and violence it could become one of the best countries in the world.

It’s a another topic and another story. But it pretty much will never go away. There’s just too much money to be made and government are too stupid to recognize that stopping a black market is almost impossible.

But it’s really something that is isolated. If you mind your own business you should be just as safe as in your hometown.

Im a Mexican citizen an will probably move to Mexico. I wouldn’t live near a border or anything too touristy. Something central and close though.

But sad though. You have more rights and freedom in these third world countries than in the US. Their economy is doing pretty good as well. Food or real estate are always good businesses.

Luke D

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Sep 22, 2013
Perth
Well, I live in Perth in Western Australia, and it feels like the sentiment is starting to turn, which has led to our federal government announcing the 'roadmap out of COVID' last week.

The past sentiment has been more of the 'keep us safe, we will put up with less freedom', but is shifting towards more unrest at the Orwellian state of play at the moment where the elected officials have control of your personal freedoms in your own country.

We have been getting locked down for single cases in Perth, as out government (both state and federal) has moved from a 'flatten the curve' strategy to an 'eradication strategy'. Australian citizens are not allowed to leave the country without an exemption, returning citizen numbers are severely capped and interstate travel is extremely restricted.

I'm appreciative of the fact we have had very low COVID cases and death in Australia, but it seems due to this we have been very slow with the vaccine rollout. This has resulted in an extended period where lockdowns are happening, and is going to continue at least into next year.

The most unsettling thing of all is how many people put up with the government dictating a state of emergency for so few cases, collecting information on your whereabouts constantly and don't question it. I'm starting to feel like big brother isn't going to want to give up the control they have over the population any time in the future...

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
You never know until you try. But running for congress may not be the answer. Maybe you should start some protests locally and those can catch on in other places and so on. If you have a problem then others do to and you'll get supporters. However, the secret is GETTING THE WORD OUT.

In 1967 there were a number of musically acts called things like The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Janis Joplin and The Who. These acts were unknown until a concert was held, The Monterey Pop Festival in 1967. The day after all the acts were world-wide superstars and today are legends. So get the word out. Be creative. Focus. Have fun and watch the results. Unlike running for congress and "failing" or being in congress and never being able to get much done starting a movement can not be considered a failure. You can control it and there's no one stopping you except you.

To add to @Kak 's point, it's also a matter of time, our most valuable resource.

You can spend the 20 years in public office "fighting the good fight", or ask @Kak stated, put your stuff in a container and move and improve your situation in a matter of days.

My quality of life and that of my family is infinitely more important than that of literally anyone else.

The cool part, is that if more people "vote with their feet" that sends a much bigger message than a bunch of people fighting over zoning rights in a city council meeting.

The way to implement change starts with 1, me. I choose to starve the beast as my method of change. And this has afforded me a really cool lifestyle and virtually no (income) taxation to speak of.

I wouldn't trade this lifestyle for any amount of "fighting the good fight".

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I may be tapping your shoulder soon for some consulting on this. We're getting sick of the anti-business climate growing in Canada (mostly from the East and our dear overlord PM). We're considering incorporating the businesses in some tax friendly jurisdiction, residing in the US for just under half the year, and residing in Canada for the rest but not paying ourselves much income. But we're of course open to other variations on how to at least partially remove ourselves from Canada.

It's a beautiful country full of lots of great people, but this socialist movement is gaining a strong foothold. I'm not sure if people outside of Canada are aware, but there is a very large and quickly growing Western separatist movement. I will be pained to see Canada broken up, but I'm 100% on board with it happening. We've always been at the service of Eastern Canada, and it's just gotten to be too much. I believe if this happens it'll drastically change the way the business environment is moving and then there may be no reason to leave. But until that happens, moving at least part of our operations and residence out is definately in the cards.
I am also from The West. I am 100% on board with splitting up Canada. We are already in nice sized chunks, make Canada a stack of different countries. If the East doesn't want western resources they don't need them, they can keep getting it from the middle East, and we can search for our own markets. We can try and take northern BC with us, no one lives there anyways.

Canadian government hates business, and they are winning the propaganda war to make the idiot citizens hate business as well.

As far as splitting up, Quebec already wants to do it, and has tried a few times. Let them leave, and use it as a roadmap for everyone else leaving as well.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
They are saying 5 days here in Melbourne, but we all know what that really means!
2 Weeks at minimum.
Just two weeks to flatten the curve.

Like a year and a half ago.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
A country can survive bad politicians, but it cannot survive the legion of idiots who continue to vote them in.

When government proxies control the media, you control the lemmings.

At this point, if Facebook or CNN told the populace to stay home forever because it would help "the children", the majority wouldn't question it. And if you didn't comply, you'd be branded an "X" (enter some derogatory label here).

This is why I think that some level of civil disobedience (or at least thinking for yourself and interpreting the rules differently in case they're stupid) is necessary for a country to prosper. Otherwise you become a country of sheep where the "leaders" tell you what to do even though there's no clear consensus (or any evidence) that you should do it.

But the cynic in me thinks that there are no places and cultures where some level of disobedience is ingrained. Instead, it's cyclical. The population of one country needs to go full sheep mode before finally starting to doubt their enlightened leaders only to repeat the cycle again in a decade or two.

That's why some of the best countries currently might be the ones that still remember tyrannical times and don't want to repeat it (for a generation or two...).

SharpeningBlade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
May 26, 2021
San Francisco, CA
Please share, we aren't Facebook.
This forum is a true goldmine not only for its incredible business discussions and philosophies, but also because of its ambitious community and freedom of speech / thought. Feels like the Internet back in 2003 or 2004 when there was no censorship and people were allowed to have actual discussions about anything they wanted.

Thank you MJ for providing this platform. I hope to provide value to the community as I learn and grow in this Fastlane life.

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
The one thing I do know, technology changes, human nature doesn’t.

History tells us that governments, including the US government do not always act with the best medical interests of their citizens. Tuskegee experiments and agent orange experiments on soldiers to name just a few. So no I don’t implicitly trust the government.

Does that mean there is something nefarious about Covid - no!! But there is a lot of smoke, so the question is there fire.

But here is the disturbing thing to me. We are being told we can’t question why there is smoke and we have to trust that there is no fire. That is a setup for a potential huge disaster.

So is there something bad with the vaccine? I can’t say that there is with certainty. But there are massive early warning signals there are very well could be, and those things need to be openly and honesty discussed, and that isn’t happening because of silencing and coercion. That is not how you prove something, that is the opposite of how science works.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It's so bad, it'd make @Kak want to pay taxes staying in Texas. LOL.
If I could just stay here and wear a mask to pay 4 percent federal income tax, I would, everywhere I go, until I die. Which would likely be sooner because I’d also start drinking.

:rofl:

YanC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Sep 18, 2017
France
Also, not sure if right now as well, but last time I was there (November to December last year), Spanish people were some of the most "well-behaved" citizens as in they were OBSESSED about wearing masks. As far as I know, to this day many still wear them even though they're no longer mandatory outdoors. Southern Spain was a bit more lax in this aspect than northern Spain, though, but overall, the country was beaten into submission with their harsh lockdowns.

Went hiking in the Spanish side of the Pyrenees in October, seeing them wearing masks while hiking in the mountains is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in my life.

Last edited:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Not getting the covid vaccine does not equal being anti Vax. I hate that they have made even asking questions about this as you being some crazy right wing conspiracy nut

GIlman

Still Gilman
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
605%
Oct 16, 2014
What many are failing to see is that the highest office holders in the country are directly misinforming them. Two quick examples, then I show an image with information about Mexico, and why Mexico could be the new center of the free market.

1. Psaki said that the v4x have received the full gold standard of Fda approval. Blatant lie! Bold and straight to the face of the American people.

2. B1den said that you will not catch cl0vid if you have the v4x. Blatant lie!

Now, they are going to mandate federal employees and the military to get it.

Contrast this with Mexico.

- President has been vocal no one will be forced to get v4x
- Employees can refuse v4x
- Employees can't be fired for refusing v4x.

Contrast that list again with the US:
- Supreme Court ruled in 1905 that v4x can be made mandatory
- DOJ recently said they can be mandatory (why is the doj getting involved...?)
- Employers can fire unv4xed
- Businesses can refuse service to unv4xed

MEXICO is the new center of the Free World.

Plan accordingly, and be safe as you watch the quick demise of the United States, once a great country. And when you are in Mexico, make sure you have some pozole!

View attachment 39232

Yes, the list of obvious lies is absolutely crazy, including those spouted by the CDC yet fully in the face of everything we know about medicine.

1) People that have previously been infected still need the vaccine. This is exactly opposite of the truth. Whatever protection the vaccine provides, natural immunity will be even better. Let me explain.

The vaccine produces a single protein from Covid, the spike protein. So when vaxxed your body produces antibodies to the spike protein. However, there are many more proteins that make up Covid. When you are naturally infected the body finds all of the proteins that are foreign and produces antibodies to each of them.

This means that your immune system has several different targets that it can use to confer you immune to future infections. If the spike protein mutates, the vaccine can become totally ineffective, because that is the only protein your body produced antibodies to. But those with natural immunity from infection, they still have other antibodies to other targets besides the spike protein that can help protect you.

Infact, many people are worried that mad vaccination in the middle of a pandemic, especially against a single protein, will actually accelerate the rate and number of variants because one mutation in the spike protein is enough to defeat immunity from the vaccine. But a naturally immune person from infection multiple proteins would have to mutate simultaneously to lose all your immunity.

Therefore there is no rationale theoretically or otherwise that infected people need a vaccine for immunity.

2) Vaccines work but vaxinated people are getting infected and show as high of viral loas unvaxinated. But the vaccine will also protect you.

If vaccines work, then you would expect one of two thing. Either people would not get sick, or if they do they would not develop full blown infection because their immune system would prevent the full blown infection.

But if people are getting sick, and according to the CDC their viral load is just as high, what does that tell us about the Vaxxed infection. Let’s step back for a moment and examine how viral load is determine.

When a virus attaches to a cell, it enters the cell, replicates and then the new virus particles are released by the cell. The number of virus particles produced is the viral load. So the viral load is in a sense an indirect measure of the number of cells infected that then produce the virus. But that is the whole point of immunity, to prevent the cells from getting infected.

Therefore if the Vaxxed vs unvaxxed have the same viral load according to the CDC, to me that says that the vaccine is not effective in preventing infection or the degree of infection as described above.

3) The constant flip-flopping on masks. First science is not that fast. Good studies take a significant amount of time to perform, analyze, peer review, and publish. On top of that, as more studies accrue, then a single study that goes against the scientific understanding of the moment would need to be repeated, and other studies that said something else would also need to be repeated. Has that happened, no.

Fauci flips and flops back and forth at will on masks and everything else, literally on a dime. Remember when Fauci came out and said Vaxxed people no longer needed masks? Literally the day before he and other members of the CDC were saying Vaxxed people could still spread Covid and needed masks. Not only one mask but three, in his own words “it is just common sense”.

So he has either lied recommending masks or lied saying Vaxxed people don’t need masks.

In medicine, we all know physicians we trust and those we would not send our worst enemy to. Good physicians are rigorous, detail oriented, consistent, and can explain the rationale whey they are doing what they do.

If Fauci and other talking heads in the CDC were in clinical practice, and someone asked me my opinion if they should go to them as I patient, I would tell them unequivocally HELL NO!! They all show a lack of consistency and critical thinking skills, they are simply political hacks and liars, or both.

Last edited:

LifeDeathTime

It's funny cause we're all going to die anyways
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 28, 2017
Austin, TX
our lockdown is so strict you can’t visit anyone, can’t be 10km from your house
Say what you will about the U.S.A. but in terms of freedom, there's nowhere better.

In Florida, everything has been normal since May 2020 (last year) like 7-8 weeks after the whole thing started. Even with a large number of cases.

Yesterday Australia had 400 new cases. (Total lockdown?)
Yesterday Florida had ~39,000+ new cases. (Zero restrictions or mask anywhere)

They've made it abundantly clear, under no circumstances will we lockdown again or reinstate any mask mandates.

Does that mean we take personal freedom too far?
I don't think so, based on the current statistics.

Does that mean if a more deadly pandemic (or variant) were to emerge we'd be f*cked?
I don't know but maybe.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.