The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fed up!!! Going back to a 9 to 5 life !

What should i do

• hire immediatly an experienced coordinator

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • keep learning and adjusting even if it costs clients and bad reputation.

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Thanks @Bellini it really means a lot to me. Thanks for your support " dudette" ...my new favourite word, thanks to @Kung Fu Steve

I had proper insurance for this program but with the concussion incident i realised that i could lose a lot ( by a lot i mean everything ) if it was serious and got sued. And funny enough, i re-read MFL and was in the paragraph where @MJ DeMarco advised to have an LCC for liability reasons .....Should have read more carefully the first time i read the book ..Ha

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Thanks @Bellini it really means a lot to me. Thanks for your support " dudette" ...my new favourite word, thanks to @Kung Fu Steve

I had proper insurance for this program but with the concussion incident i realised that i could lose a lot ( by a lot i mean everything ) if it was serious and got sued. And funny enough, i re-read MFL and was in the paragraph where @MJ DeMarco advised to have an LCC for liability reasons .....Should have read more carefully the first time i read the book ..Ha
by the way, if you do set up an LLC, there are things that you have to do in order to maintain the protection they provide. Otherwise, lawyers can 'pierce the corporate veil' by showing that you didn't, in practice, treat the LLC as a separate entity. Once they do that, they can sue your LLC, and then also bring your personal finances into the mix, too.

For example, never purchase personal items with a check or credit card meant for your LLC.

There's a whole list, and I'm not an expert, but its something to read up on.

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam

Hey Bila,

You seem to learn from your past experiences and try to anticipate on the future. Very good! It is normal to make many mistakes. If you think you aren't making any mistakes you are most likely making much more.

Question: What is the business model of your company?
And why did you decide to do something else for 3 days? Isn't it much better to pick the best option and focus on that.

Good luck and keep us updated ;)

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam
Sounds like what I tell most women on many occasions. Women like to fly over the mountain and get there fast, and men usually like to walk the trail and go through the process.

You are being pretty sexist and it doesn't matter that u are female. Even in generalisations, I don't think it's correct. Just wanted to speak up, because I'm pretty sensitive regarding sexism and racism.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
You are being pretty sexist and it doesn't matter that u are female. Even in generalisations, I don't think it's correct. Just wanted to speak up, because I'm pretty sensitive regarding sexism and racism.
:rolleyes:

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
I guess it's time for an update.

I wish i can say that everything is great, that business is making 5-6 figures a month, that i bought my dream car ( Porshe with red interior if you are curious :cigar:) or some other glamourous claims.

Reality is ....Every time i feel i am making a step forward, something happens and the feeling of making two steps backwards ....i guess, this too, is part of the process.....oh well.

I had to deal with 2 complaints with labour bureau ( apparently i should have paid transportation to the employees during training ....crazy laws .....now i know them :)

On the positive note : my main business is doing well ( and i can see that the trend ( in the last 3 years ) is to use more and more services like the ones my business offers )

My business is semi-passive, that's why i work as a consultant between 1-3 days a week .....One of the best decisions ever, i work with a different clientele ( mainly young single moms, new immigrants/refugees ) and i love that ...Being paid to do it is a big plus :)

Where my business is heading : Getting more serious about franchising, and learning everything about it, any resources about it would be appreciated ( @Vigilante :)

PS : regarding the gender comments : Acknowledging the difference, learning the best practices from the other gender while maintaining my identity as a woman is one of the hardest part of this journey actually.

PS 2 : I think in French but i write in English...So, my responses might not be as articulate and precise as i wish they would be

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I guess it's time for an update.

I wish i can say that everything is great, that business is making 5-6 figures a month, that i bought my dream car ( Porshe with red interior if you are curious :cigar:) or some other glamourous claims.

Reality is ....Every time i feel i am making a step forward, something happens and the feeling of making two steps backwards ....i guess, this too, is part of the process.....oh well.

I had to deal with 2 complaints with labour bureau ( apparently i should have paid transportation to the employees during training ....crazy laws .....now i know them :)

On the positive note : my main business is doing well ( and i can see that the trend ( in the last 3 years ) is to use more and more services like the ones my business offers )

My business is semi-passive, that's why i work as a consultant between 1-3 days a week .....One of the best decisions ever, i work with a different clientele ( mainly young single moms, new immigrants/refugees ) and i love that ...Being paid to do it is a big plus :)

Where my business is heading : Getting more serious about franchising, and learning everything about it, any resources about it would be appreciated ( @Vigilante :)

PS : regarding the gender comments : Acknowledging the difference, learning the best practices from the other gender while maintaining my identity as a woman is one of the hardest part of this journey actually.

PS 2 : I think in French but i write in English...So, my responses might not be as articulate and precise as i wish they would be

When I was interested inn franchising (I never actually did it) I had to find someone who was brilliant in franchising. I had to learn from them, as it is very complex.

Get a hold of Larry M. Weinberg.
lweinberg@casselsbrock.com
(416) 860-2987

Larry Weinberg is a partner with significant experience in all matters relating to franchising, licensing and distribution. He is past chair of the Ontario Bar Association Franchise Law Section, Vice-Chair of the International Bar Association Committee on Franchising, Vice-Chair (and sole Canadian member) of the International Franchise Association’s Supplier Forum Advisory Board, and an active member of the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Forum on Franchising as well as the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA). Larry was the first Canadian lawyer to be appointed Director of the ABA Forum’s International Division and to a leadership role on its Governing Committee. He is co-editor of the ABA Forum on Franchising’s Fundamentals of Franchising-Canada, editor and co-author of the chapter on Canada for ABA’s International Franchise Sales Laws text, and co-author/co-editor of CFA’s How to Franchise Your Business. He is a frequent speaker at Canadian and international conferences. Larry is also recognized as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global, Best Lawyers and Franchise Times. He was the recipient of the 2014 Lexpert Zenith Award and was named the worldwide franchise “Lawyer of the Year” in 2014 and 2015 by Who’s Who Legal. Larry was called to the Ontario Bar in 1989.

Do what ever it takes to spend an hour with him. If you can't get to him, get to someone like him.

Then, go to this show:
The Franchise Show – Montreal
http://www.cfa.ca/events/the-franchise-show-montreal-2/
Call the organizer at 416-695-2896 x 228 and tell them you just want to attend as a guest to learn about franchising.

Then, contact
Yasmin Heyat
Manager, Chamber Relations
T. 416.482.5222 ext. 2420
http://www.occ.ca/about/staff/
and have her tell you how to get involved with the chamber. You are looking there for a mentor.

Then find a good contact at this company
http://www.murphybusiness.com/canada
and set a meeting with their salesperson to learn about franchises. Buying AND selling. You have to become an expert in how it works.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

I'm far from being a sexist or racist. Sorry you're sensitive about the topic. I don't base my theories off anything, but what I've experienced through observation, interaction with clients, and what seems to appear multiple times in sessions, just like M.J. can probably pin point stuff in this forum that is just human nature and experience.

I don't say things for hell of it, and have done my research. There's nothing sexist or racist about it. It's just simply what woman do, worry, become anxious, get fixated on things out of fear, become impatient, and in a rush to get married etc. Every women is different as well as men, but unless they're personally developed or self-actualized, they do have a tendency to lean that way.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
When I was interested inn franchising (I never actually did it) I had to find someone who was brilliant in franchising. I had to learn from them, as it is very complex.

Get a hold of Larry M. Weinberg.
lweinberg@casselsbrock.com
(416) 860-2987

Larry Weinberg is a partner with significant experience in all matters relating to franchising, licensing and distribution. He is past chair of the Ontario Bar Association Franchise Law Section, Vice-Chair of the International Bar Association Committee on Franchising, Vice-Chair (and sole Canadian member) of the International Franchise Association’s Supplier Forum Advisory Board, and an active member of the American Bar Association’s (ABA) Forum on Franchising as well as the Canadian Franchise Association (CFA). Larry was the first Canadian lawyer to be appointed Director of the ABA Forum’s International Division and to a leadership role on its Governing Committee. He is co-editor of the ABA Forum on Franchising’s Fundamentals of Franchising-Canada, editor and co-author of the chapter on Canada for ABA’s International Franchise Sales Laws text, and co-author/co-editor of CFA’s How to Franchise Your Business. He is a frequent speaker at Canadian and international conferences. Larry is also recognized as a leading lawyer by Chambers Global, Best Lawyers and Franchise Times. He was the recipient of the 2014 Lexpert Zenith Award and was named the worldwide franchise “Lawyer of the Year” in 2014 and 2015 by Who’s Who Legal. Larry was called to the Ontario Bar in 1989.

Do what ever it takes to spend an hour with him. If you can't get to him, get to someone like him.

Then, go to this show:
The Franchise Show – Montreal
http://www.cfa.ca/events/the-franchise-show-montreal-2/
Call the organizer at 416-695-2896 x 228 and tell them you just want to attend as a guest to learn about franchising.

Then, contact
Yasmin Heyat
Manager, Chamber Relations
T. 416.482.5222 ext. 2420
http://www.occ.ca/about/staff/
and have her tell you how to get involved with the chamber. You are looking there for a mentor.

Then find a good contact at this company
http://www.murphybusiness.com/canada
and set a meeting with their salesperson to learn about franchises. Buying AND selling. You have to become an expert in how it works.

Speechless ....

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam
I'm far from being a sexist or racist. Sorry you're sensitive about the topic. I don't base my theories off anything, but what I've experienced through observation, interaction with clients, and what seems to appear multiple times in sessions, just like M.J. can probably pin point stuff in this forum that is just human nature and experience.

I don't say things for hell of it, and have done my research. There's nothing sexist or racist about it. It's just simply what woman do, worry, become anxious, get fixated on things out of fear, become impatient, and in a rush to get married etc. Every women is different as well as men, but unless they're personally developed or self-actualized, they do have a tendency to lean that way.

You said females try to do stuff way too fast and males take things step by step.. Come on, haha, that really is sexist. I obviously didnt expect you to admit you were being sexist, because honestly have u ever heard a racist or sexist admit that they actually were being racist/sexist? Nope. Anyway I agree that women are more emotional and are more in a hurry to get married/have children, thats biological. But telling a woman she is more likely to want to rush into everything is wrong.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
You said females try to do stuff way too fast and males take things step by step.. Come on, haha, that really is sexist. I obviously didnt expect you to admit you were being sexist, because honestly have u ever heard a racist or sexist admit that they actually were being racist/sexist? Nope. Anyway I agree that women are more emotional and are more in a hurry to get married/have children, thats biological. But telling a woman she is more likely to want to rush into everything is wrong.
Look here dude.
Sexism or gender discrimination is prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex or gender. Sexism can affect any gender, but it is particularly documented as affecting women and girls.[1] It has been linked to stereotypes and gender roles,[2][3] and may include the belief that one sex or gender is intrinsically superior to another.[4] Extreme sexism may foster sexual harassment, rape, and other forms of sexual violence.[5

Fortunately if you feel I am a sexist, that's your reality. If you feel the need to project you're issue as you stated above you have, I think you better ask yourself why you feel the way you do. This isn't about my experience, but how you perceive things. I am a woman, I know how I work, I know what other women tell me. Now if you have some hang up and feel they're a victim because I remind them to slow down in relationships and be patient and think that is a sexist remark, I'm very sorry you feel victimized in all this, and need to project the fact other women are be victimized by me, because I teach them to unconditionally love others and not be a victim.

I have no complaints so far about being a sexist, and fact not very many complaints at all, so therefore, I feel this issue is more yours than mine. So, thanks for the lesson I don't need on sexism, when I have plenty of friends from every gender preference, culture, gender, religion, spiritual, political, and other groups. I don't believe any of them have ever thought I was discriminating or prejudice. And fortunately, what is the purpose of your statement? To get attention for yourself? I see you've only been here a few months. Frankly, I do listen to others, meet them where they are, and probably more authentic and true than most people.

In your reality if you need to misinterpret people and project your experience, I suppose there is a lesson in there somewhere for you, because I talk to people everywhere on a daily basis and no one but you has ever called me a sexist. So that makes you special. :)

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam
[
Look here dude.

In your reality if you need to misinterpret people and project your experience, I suppose there is a lesson in there somewhere for you, :)

Its said perfectly and I could copy paste it as my reply. Just because you had experience with some women that you spoke to it doesnt mean that women in general tend to want to fly over the mountain and men take it step by step... Its very generalising and incorrect. If you want to say its my problem, I respect that. But at least Ive said something in the hope that you and others will think about it. No hard feelings though.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Its said perfectly and I could copy paste it as my reply. Just because you had experience with some women that you spoke to it doesnt mean that women in general tend to want to fly over the mountain and men take it step by step... Its very generalising and incorrect. If you want to say its my problem, I respect that. But at least Ive said something in the hope that you and others will think about it. No hard feelings though.

Last time I knew I was in the Fastlane Forum which most Entrepreneurs have the idea about stepping up and not being a victim in society.

Just here's a thought for you. Advocates have to first advocate for themselves before they can advocate for other people. Which means stepping out of victim hood entirely, and once you have stepped out of victim hood, you realize the journey and understand you can't save, fix, or change other people.

So whether you're a man or woman and feel victimized by a sentence like mine, I would think you must be a very sensitive creature still in the victim hood syndrome of our society to be triggered just by a small statement.

Walking the walk myself, I can help you understand that we all have a choice in whether we remain a victim or not, or play the part. As an advocate you feel you need to rescue women from my statement, and hope that some how I think about this. Fortunately, I've already learned in my own journey the only one that stops you from being a victim is yourself.

D

DeletedUser396

So whether you're a man or woman and feel victimized by a sentence like mine, I would think you must be a very sensitive creature still in the victim hood syndrome of our society to be triggered just by a small statement.
Pretty much.
I would consider starting a business in the SJW industry.
"This Is What A Feminist Looks Like" shirts aren't gonna sell themselves.
faQX1NE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Last time I knew I was in the Fastlane Forum which most Entrepreneurs have the idea about stepping up and not being a victim in society.

You amaze me... like the sister I never had. Rep+++

You need to teach a reading comprehension course to some of these people.

ThinkDifferent

Banned
Read Fastlane!
Oct 1, 2015
Amsterdam

Just here's a thought for you. Advocates have to first advocate for themselves before they can advocate for other people. Which means stepping out of victim hood entirely, and once you have stepped out of victim hood, you realize the journey and understand you can't save, fix, or change other people.

Walking the walk myself, I can help you understand that we all have a choice in whether we remain a victim or not, or play the part. As an advocate you feel you need to rescue women from my statement, and hope that some how I think about this. Fortunately, I've already learned in my own journey the only one that stops you from being a victim is yourself.

Its funny how you try to change the subject twice now. First acting if you were talking about some general differences and now acting as if Im playing a victim if I point you on the fact you were extremely generalising women by saying they want to fly over mountains rather than males who take everything step by step.

Regarding this being the fastlane forum, one if the things that is very important being an entrepreneur is to have the ability to self reflect and reason objectively. You getting extremely defensive is opposite of that.

Anyway, I dont care that u are being generalising or sexist, you dont effect me with it. You arent the only one.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
@Bila,

What I like is that you're in the mix, swinging and making it happen, which is more than most people will ever do with their lives. I wish you well with your venture.:)

Samuel Allen

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 11, 2016
Charge $20 for the T shirt included.
You have to be able to be completely unsympathetic and unyielding at times with employees because otherwise they will just assume you need them and take complete advantage of the situation. Be prepared to fire people on the spot, hire another person johnny on the spot if you must, but if your ratio was 10 to 1 and you had 200 kids then firing 1 person would have just moved you to 11 to 1 ( 10.52 to be precise ) so that should have been your move, not continue to put up with a bad employee. It also sends a loud and clear message to the remaining 19 that you "don't play the radio" as they say here in South Carolina.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
In 03 years of being in business, this week i considered going back to an " easy " 9 to 5 life.
The last two weeks were the hardest thing i ever done in my life ( and trust me, i have done a lot of hard things in life, including not being afraid of death threats because i did not wear something on my head, i slept in a sleeping bag once with my little one while it was -25 outside because i did not have enough money ( my first year in business ) to pay for a new electrical panel ..... But those things feel now like a piece of cake compared to the last week.

If you follow my progress thread, you already know that i am offering a summer program : leadership, and entrepreuneurship program ....parents LOVED the concept. I had 447 registrations .

What went wrong then ??????

Last week was the one of busiest ( next week will have same number ) .... 100 kids ....it was crazy, my lack of experience managing a big number of kids was soooo obvious, it was embarassing.
I hired 10 young ( 18-25) to help with the program and have a ratio of 1 supervisor for 10 kids .

I will not bore you with details but here what i learned ( the very hard way )

1- You think you are well prepared ?? Think again. I had unexpected situations ( a supervisor that seemed during the hiring process like a really good match, turns into a lazy slob, cellphone texter and very arrogant, which results in complaints from parents that we are not delivering because kids are bored during the day.
I was not expecting managing a big number of kids to be sooo challenging ( i am a teacher, i do know know how to manage 10, 20 but 100 is different. Sometimes it was chaotic and then a parent show up and witness that...it was just sooo embarassing. When parents witness that, they become anxious ( i fully understand ) and even agressive, the worst part is that they talk to each other and it becomes like a snow ball effect......So far i have 10 people asking for reimbursment ( yes it was that bad ) and even one threatning to call a local newspaper..!

2- People HATE paying extra for extra services ( i had Tshirts made for the program, they were not included in the price ....Parents would become sooooo angry when they learn it's an extra $15. I was soooo surprised by their reaction. Eventhoug the Tshirt is not mandatory or anything, they just did not like it being asked to pay more for something. So next time : Charge more upfront.

Will add more later ( time to get to work for next week )

Lol.. welcome to owning and managing a business. I have no sympathy for you and your situation and neither does anyone else on here even if they say they do. Lots of dying kids in Africa.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
In 03 years of being in business, this week i considered going back to an " easy " 9 to 5 life.
The last two weeks were the hardest thing i ever done in my life ( and trust me, i have done a lot of hard things in life, including not being afraid of death threats because i did not wear something on my head, i slept in a sleeping bag once with my little one while it was -25 outside because i did not have enough money ( my first year in business ) to pay for a new electrical panel ..... But those things feel now like a piece of cake compared to the last week.

If you follow my progress thread, you already know that i am offering a summer program : leadership, and entrepreuneurship program ....parents LOVED the concept. I had 447 registrations .

What went wrong then ??????

Last week was the one of busiest ( next week will have same number ) .... 100 kids ....it was crazy, my lack of experience managing a big number of kids was soooo obvious, it was embarassing.
I hired 10 young ( 18-25) to help with the program and have a ratio of 1 supervisor for 10 kids .

I will not bore you with details but here what i learned ( the very hard way )

1- You think you are well prepared ?? Think again. I had unexpected situations ( a supervisor that seemed during the hiring process like a really good match, turns into a lazy slob, cellphone texter and very arrogant, which results in complaints from parents that we are not delivering because kids are bored during the day.
I was not expecting managing a big number of kids to be sooo challenging ( i am a teacher, i do know know how to manage 10, 20 but 100 is different. Sometimes it was chaotic and then a parent show up and witness that...it was just sooo embarassing. When parents witness that, they become anxious ( i fully understand ) and even agressive, the worst part is that they talk to each other and it becomes like a snow ball effect......So far i have 10 people asking for reimbursment ( yes it was that bad ) and even one threatning to call a local newspaper..!

2- People HATE paying extra for extra services ( i had Tshirts made for the program, they were not included in the price ....Parents would become sooooo angry when they learn it's an extra $15. I was soooo surprised by their reaction. Eventhoug the Tshirt is not mandatory or anything, they just did not like it being asked to pay more for something. So next time : Charge more upfront.

Will add more later ( time to get to work for next week )

Use the Internet. Those range of customers are terrible.

How many kids can become reasonably sane entrepreneurs, let alone the next Richard Branson?

I have seen people like Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income and Tim Ferriss on his podcast share their insights on entrepreneurship to MILLIONS on Internet. Scale! Use scale! Less overhead too! Those guys don't have to rent an office, pay for T-shirts and hire many employees. Maybe a little upfront investment for mikes and software, but it can pay off. I have been to their sites and their content is good! Somehow they get the right customers as they look at niche.

Maybe with the Internet, we can now CHOOSE our customers instead of them choosing us. Yes, they want to see our services, but we can narrow our niche. Control! MJ said Control! I'll be looking into this field eventually.

Please don't fall back in the Slowlane. You have great courage already trying to fight against the Slowlane. that failure may be bad, but it can be a CV to your new online entrepreneurship broadcasting network. Take heart. I am beginning my path, and so are many others. We will create a day when we no longer have to work like cows for sad cash.

It's been done. The risks are lower. It can work.

Balkins

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jun 18, 2016
If you do, then keep pushing forward. If you don't, then you should take a step back, build that safety net, and then come back. Taking individual risks is commendable. Putting your son at risk is not.

Sidenote: It seems like this program is only a few weeks in the summer. At this point you have to keep pushing forward. Everything I stated above is for future planning.

...Truly. OP sounds like she put too much at risk. NOT GOOD. Successful people only risk what they can afford to loose. IF you can't afford to loose it, don't do it. AND since you know little about this business...I would highly recommend you getting a partner who knows what they are doing (with some cash).

Hopefully, she survived and is doing well. Its ok if you have to take a job. Lots of smart people just work for someone else...they don't want the responsibility nor the demands.

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Hi Bila,

I know I'm a bit late to this thread but I just wanted to say thank you. You gave me a great business idea that I look forward to researching! I hope you're doing well and that everything is working out for you. Keep working hard.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada
Hi Bila,

I know I'm a bit late to this thread but I just wanted to say thank you. You gave me a great business idea that I look forward to researching! I hope you're doing well and that everything is working out for you. Keep working hard.

Thank you and if i can help, dont hesitate to pm me

...Truly. OP sounds like she put too much at risk. NOT GOOD. Successful people only risk what they can afford to loose. IF you can't afford to loose it, don't do it. AND since you know little about this business...I would highly recommend you getting a partner who knows what they are doing (with some cash).

Hopefully, she survived and is doing well. Its ok if you have to take a job. Lots of smart people just work for someone else...they don't want the responsibility nor the demands.

Absolutely, i took too much at risk. Lesson learned ( the very hard way )

I did not update this thread because i wanted to update it with a significant progress. Not happening right now, but on the way. Summer is always very slow for my main business so i am doing consulting @JAJT if you live where i live, you know the language training industry is very big, so i am doing that as a consultant

Giving up is NOT an option. I will make it happen, no matter what.

Balkins

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jun 18, 2016
Summer is always very slow for my main business so i am doing consulting @JAJT if you live where i live, you know the language training industry is very big, so i am doing that as a consultant

Giving up is NOT an option. I will make it happen, no matter what.

So language translation / training is big in Ontario ?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Very well said. Thanks. Noted.

I know i am being too emotional about the critisicm.

you know, being emotionaly detached from criticism is a learned skill.

this is not a natural human behaviour but a learned one as any politician will tell us.

this requires patience .

two points to consider :

1) robert Greene's 33 strategies of war: " lose battles but win wars " --- > accept small failures, like being critized, to win in the long term.

2) Gary Brodsky's philosophy " i don't care , i say what i want , i ask for what i want and i don't care what people say "

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.