The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fear and Action-Faking in Entrepreneurship-- a 19 year old's guide to askholing.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Darn, a money chasing troll is leaving because he hasn't been validated making $8 for the last 8 months ... how will we survive?

Well, we survive only until 4pm when the OP wakes up.

Glad I didn't spend any time in this thread convincing "4pm boy" that his dropshipping empire is dead on arrival.

Not surprised he threw out an "ism" as well -- racism! Ageism! Sexism! This is what happens when your education comes from CNN and liberal arts colleges.

MJ, cut the kid some slack. He's been up and at it since 4pm.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MJ, cut the kid some slack. He's been up and at it since 4pm.

You know sometimes I feel a tinge of guilt when I drop the kid-gloves and try to smack some sense into aspiring entrepreneurs.

But then the OP would post again and tell us how much progress he's made while watching CNN for 6 hours after coming home from Costco.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
You know sometimes I feel a tinge of guilt when I drop the kid-gloves and try to smack some sense into aspiring entrepreneurs.

But then the OP would post again and tell us how much progress he's made while watching CNN for 6 hours after coming home from Costco.

As an author and forum owner, you must have known you'd be subjected to all of our eating/sleeping/shopping/shitting schedules.

Kinda feels like your fault :rofl:

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
The truth is, anything that is outside your circle of influence (stuff you can't change) should be outside your circle of concern. You can't really influence politics, not without a lot of time and money, so why worry about it?

I preach this probably too often to people. I love it since I started living this way. Slowlaners mostly look at me with befuddlement.

Rep'ed

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
I preach this probably too often to people. I love it since I started living this way. Slowlaners mostly look at me with befuddlement.

Rep'ed
Agreed. My cubicle neighbor seems almost perplexed that I don't want to hear about the latest act of terrorism or discuss politics. You can see the gears slipping in her head..."DOES NOT COMPUTE" :)

HayesTech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Sep 5, 2016
"After being chased out of Fastlane Forum with my last journey thread by a mob of people who don't understand dropshipping, I decided this is the best place home for my journey thread to financial sanity." - Lordphenny on Blackhatworld :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
After being chased out of Fastlane Forum with my last journey thread by a mob of people who don't understand dropshipping, I decided this is the best place home for my journey thread to financial sanity."

Oh we understand it, perhaps too well. Problem is, this poor kid isn't looking for business advice, he's looking to get his confirmation bias massaged while accepting a participation trophy.

C_kpYbdVYAA_3Hj.jpg:large

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
#notable ?

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Dont forget this on your way out.

toilet paper.jpg

Truth hurts.

G

GuestUser091

Oh we understand it, perhaps too well. Problem is, this poor kid isn't looking for business advice, he's looking to get his confirmation bias massaged while accepting a participation trophy.

C_kpYbdVYAA_3Hj.jpg:large

Where did I say I'm leaving because I want validation and am afraid of the truth, bud? I've said the opposite on many occasions. I should've done this in my original post, I don't know why I didn't, but I'll lay out point by point why I left.

Why my Journey Thread Left Fastlane and Moved to Black Hat World
1. You guys don't know anything about dropshipping.
Still nobody has told me "yeah, I do dropshipping for a living and what you're doing is too little work for dropshipping." Just a bunch of people who THINK that what I'm doing for dropshipping is too little work and are giving me useless and redundant advice/labeling me a "action faker" for working 6-8 hours a day. I'm sick of replying to the same old criticisms that help nobody like a broken record because people don't understand dropshipping. It's a waste of my time and yours.

2. You're not ready to engage in rational discourse.
I've posed questions and tried to have a reasonable discussion only to be met with unreasonableness. And this is a perfect example right here. Saying that I'm leaving because I'm "afraid of the truth" is laughable and just proves my point that you guys are not ready to engage in rational discourse. All you had to do was read me saying the contrary many times. But for some reason, F*ck that Lordphenny's afraid of the truth! Don't just believe my words, believe my actions. If I was afraid of the truth I wouldn't have made another journey thread on Black Hat World. I'm leaving because I want the truth, not just a bunch of people who think they know it with no actual background in the subject matter. But OBVIOUSLY I'M SO AFRAID OF THE TRUTH! "Help! Please please, I'm weak and sensitive PLEASE protect me from the truth! Help me, I must leave Fastlane because some random people I don't know online tell me the truth and are TOTALLY not just clueless about dropshipping! I will also move my thread to Black Hat World and subject myself to the same ridicule by people who actually know dropshipping! But BECAUSE they know dropshipping, THEY WON'T TELL ME THE TRUTH WHICH I LIKE!" Ridiculous, use your heads here.

3. The Beginning of My Thread was a Trainwreck and made terrible first Impressions- all of you went in here seeing me working 1.5 hours a day, doing practically nothing, taking days off like I had all the time in the world, waking up at 4PM on a daily basis. And with some help from you guys, I was able to change and actually get some really great days. The first impression stuck and even when I was working long days I was given no credit for it and labeled and action faker. I couldn't shake the first impressions and still continued to get inane comments regarding my daily schedule 3 weeks ago that were tiresome.

There were some people who did engage with me rationally and look beyond first impressions, to them thank you. I think I've given you all a fair explanation and now you can reply all you want with your silly comments with slivers of truth and a majority of mischaracterizations/mistruths.

Last edited by a moderator:

HayesTech

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
306%
Sep 5, 2016

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
Where did I say I'm leaving because I want validation and am afraid of the truth, bud? I've said the opposite on many occasions. I should've done this in my original post, I don't know why I didn't, but I'll lay out point by point why I left.

Why my Journey Thread Left Fastlane and Moved to Black Hat World
1. You guys don't know anything about dropshipping.
Still nobody has told me "yeah, I do dropshipping for a living and what you're doing is too little work for dropshipping." Just a bunch of people who THINK that what I'm doing for dropshipping is too little work and are giving me useless and redundant advice/labeling me a "action faker" for working 6-8 hours a day. I'm sick of replying to the same old criticisms that help nobody like a broken record because people don't understand dropshipping. It's a waste of my time and yours.

2. You're not ready to engage in rational discourse.
I've posed questions and tried to have a reasonable discussion only to be met with unreasonableness. And this is a perfect example right here. Saying that I'm leaving because I'm "afraid of the truth" is laughable and just proves my point that you guys are not ready to engage in rational discourse. All you had to do was read me saying the contrary many times. But for some reason, F*ck that Lordphenny's afraid of the truth! Don't just believe my words, believe my actions. If I was afraid of the truth I wouldn't have made another journey thread on Black Hat World. I'm leaving because I want the truth, not just a bunch of people who think they know it with no actual background in the subject matter. But OBVIOUSLY I'M SO AFRAID OF THE TRUTH! "Help! Please please, I'm weak and sensitive PLEASE protect me from the truth! Help me, I must leave Fastlane because some random people I don't know online tell me the truth and are TOTALLY not just clueless about dropshipping! I will also move my thread to Black Hat World and subject myself to the same ridicule by people who actually know dropshipping! But BECAUSE they know dropshipping, THEY WON'T TELL ME THE TRUTH WHICH I LIKE!" Ridiculous, use your heads here.

3. The Beginning of My Thread was a Trainwreck and made terrible first Impressions- all of you went in here seeing me working 1.5 hours a day, doing practically nothing, taking days off like I had all the time in the world, waking up at 4PM on a daily basis. And with some help from you guys, I was able to change and actually get some really great days. The first impression stuck and even when I was working long days I was given no credit for it and labeled and action faker. I couldn't shake the first impressions and still continued to get inane comments regarding my daily schedule 3 weeks ago that were tiresome.

There were some people who did engage with me rationally and look beyond first impressions, to them thank you. I think I've given you all a fair explanation and now you can reply all you want with your silly comments with slivers of truth and a majority of mischaracterizations/mistruths.

Given that you're 19, broke and not homeless, I'm thinking living with the parents still, right? That's fine. I did too. Of course, I went work every day.

I have a little brother that didn't wake up until the afternoon every day. My dad sent him to an entrepreneurship program called MCRD San Diego that taught him to wake up every day and get shit done. Something to think about.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You're not ready to engage in rational discourse.

Gee, another broke 19 year old living with his parents who knows everything.

Not a first at Fastlane.

And how do you know I know nothing about drop-shipping? Do you think @biophase knows anything about it? Keep speculating about stuff (and people) you know nothing about.

As for "rational discourse", you wouldn't know rational discourse if it hit you on the head and woke you up at 2pm instead of 4.

But go ahead, go get some advice from your other forum. Your previous life of self-confessed criminal activities might be better suited there.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Attachments

• 3v63uj.jpg
    3v63uj.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 12

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
1. You guys don't know anything about dropshipping. Still nobody has told me "yeah, I do dropshipping for a living and what you're doing is too little work for dropshipping." Just a bunch of people who THINK that what I'm doing for dropshipping is too little work and are giving me useless and redundant advice/labeling me a "action faker" for working 6-8 hours a day. I'm sick of replying to the same old criticisms that help nobody like a broken record because people don't understand dropshipping. It's a waste of my time and yours.

You know your previous reply was the first I've heard that you were dropshipping. Nobody here commented about it because you never mentioned it. BTW, I was dropshipping in 2007. It's an old business model now. You are dropshipping from Aliexpress, which people here don't touch because it is a flawed and dangerous business model.

Below is post that I'm responding to in another forum.

"We were able to build the store up from $0 to $30K Jan to April. And then everything went kuh-plooey. We had over 20 orders that were stuck in Shenzen, China for over a month with one vendor. Another vendor put fake tracking numbers on 56 orders, lied to us, kept dodging inquiries and then 3 weeks later, tell us they were out of stock, but "now we ship". Another of our "hot sellers" has a 90% return rate and gobs of negative reviews. Needless to say, the store has tanked."

This was my response:
" Instead of dropshipping, you should have moved to an importing model once you started gaining traction in sales. Import the hot sellers in quantity to the USA and ship them out yourself."

But that's ok. Nobody here has any idea what they are doing. You can't learn from us. I'm sure the BH forum is much better and they know alot about dropshipping.

We work for years and have garnered no experience at all. You haven't bothered to ask any questions on this entire thread. You just like to post about your loser lifestyle and expect more successful people to just say, "well he's 19? cut him some slack."

The issue is not waking up at 4pm. It's that you still don't do anything productive from 4pm to 7am. You take breaks and days off when you don't deserve any. Nobody is going to pat you on the back from running 1 facebook AD. Good luck.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
I told you this twit was a troll.

Even warrior forum and bhw posters will flame this guy.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Love the new title. This thread is now genuinely notable imo.

We have so many INCREADIBLE threads, one that reminds users how NOT to do it is mention worthy I feel.

Edit: On that note. This guy just made an update saying he woke up at 7:30AM and went to bed at 4:30AM. He did 5hours of work on his business.

He did a 21 hour day! F*cking machine all of a sudden! No idea what he did with 16 of those hours, but you know, it's dropshipping. Runs itself brah.

Last edited:

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Man, how did I miss this train wreck of a thread?! LOL.

You are dropshipping from Aliexpress, which people here don't touch because it is a flawed and dangerous business model.
@LordPhenny, Here's another reason its a flawed and dangerous business model. From what I understand Aliexpress dropshipping is illegal because it's bypassing import/export duties. US Customs won't stand for this much longer. I hear they have already started cracking down on it. I believe they can even go back like 3 years of your transactions and enforce a penalty.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
G

GuestUser450

@LordPhenny I won't add to the well-deserved atom bombs of truth dropped by some the forum's best contributors - if 5+ pages of it don't convince you, you're not ready to hear it.

So here's an olive branch - since I was a pedantic, misguided, spoiled try-hard once:

Take a break (no sarcasm). For real - take a break from this hustle. 9 times out of 10, I'd tell someone to start something immediately and not read another book or article or FB group thread or anything. To just go do something for someone and to charge for it. Service, product, whatever.

You're exceptional in this regard.

Press pause. Read the books. Unscripted , then TMFL. Read them at a coffee shop or a library. Turn your phone off. Do not track and write about how much or how long you read. Just read to comprehend.

You made it to the forum so the spark is there.

Your'e so close to being right. Read the books, then come back and share your thoughts.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
I will post daily in this thread as long as I'm financially insane, as long as I keep relying off my parents and not myself for the bulk of my basic income. My current goal is $100/day by the end of this month via ecommerce.

Looks like you've already failed at one of your goals and will likely fail at the $100/day goal. Dollars probably aren't the best metric anyway since it varies by product.

$100 profit/day is a huge milestone for your first ecommerce store either way. That is 3600/month.

I usually start my goals with 0 sales to 1 sale. That first sale is the best feeling.

Optimist realistic goals are the best type in my opinion. The $100/day in the next week often leads to massive frustration. WHY AM I NOT DOING $100/DAY AFTER ONE WEEK?

Anyway, we can be a scary bunch when we see a lack of work, or even worse -- misdirected work. Hopefully you come back more mature in a few years and realize that we were only trying to help.

Last edited:

DesignerOne.

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Nov 29, 2016
Rochester, Ny
You can take all this criticism, which is for a reason, and improve yourself upon it, or not. Everyone here is trying to help. So either take the advice and actually learn something or keep action faking.

People on the forum are harsh for a reason. You can succeed, It is entirely up to you to make something of yourself. A great lesson I learned from my old man is that you know nothing, and you need to always keep learning. Make yourself better every single day by taking action.

Take the tv, laptop and cellphone out of your bedroom. It'll do wonders, I started it a month ago or so and now i wake up daily with the sun- 6:30 with ease and being well rested even though if i sleep at 11 or at 12. If your phone is your alarm clock, invest in an actual alarm clock, waking up and scrolling through your phone for hours and falling back to sleep is so so easy.

Buy a kindle or get books, have that be your late night entertainment, It'll bring you to sleep much more quickly and you'll be productive.

Staying up and watching infomercials can be productive by doing it maybe once or twice a month, learning some sale strategies. In the long run it's not going to benefit you. A healthy body is a healthy mind. Figure out your plan and execute.

Last edited:

DCDeuce

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Dec 3, 2016
Washington DC
This is probably one of the comical threads I've ever had the joy of reading -

@LordPhenny - You have to understand why everyone who is dropping bombs on you because it's blatantly clear that you're entitled, have little to no motivation and are flat out lazy.

I used to wonder why the longer tenured forum guest would destroy people asking certain questions...then it hit me, these guys were at one point in their lives in dire needs, at rock bottom or had an FTE event which changed their lives forever. They put in the 60/70/80 hour weeks, they didn't go down to the beach to read, they had to learn things using the tools they had and the brain between their ears.

They weren't living at home suckling of their parents teet, they weren't waking up at 4pm in the afternoon (which is just unbelievable), they weren't working 0-2 hours a day and they weren't bullshitting - they were literally fighting to change their lives. You've never been there, but I have, i've slept in car's when my apartment burned down when I was 18, slept on couches, worked shit jobs where I have been degraded, have had to sell personal belongings to give to my mother so she could make the rent, did illegal things that in hindsight were unbelievably stupid and still today sleep in a musty basement because I sold my condo to start a fastlane business and paid off all my debt.

I am thirty-F*cking-two years old and I sleep in a musty basement to save money for a fastlane business. This is called sacrifice - you've probably never had to do this and I hope you never have to, I hope you learn from the forum.

At 19 these guys did not have the tools you have today and you're squandering the opportunity and time you have - this is why these guys are bombing you - you do not know what you have in front of you. This forum literally has people who are giving you a step by step guide on how to start a business and succeed and will actually answer your questions if you ask them - it is un-F*cking-believable, people pay hundred, probably thousands of dollars for the same content and advice that is FREELY given on this forum.

This is the realest shit i've ever written and I'm going to wrap this up by saying this - unfortunately one day your parents will pass and will not be here, you will not have them to rely on and at the rate the US is going you probably won't have social security. Stop acting like a victim and start really working towards your goals if - you are serious. If you aren't just pack it up and continue to be live the life you are living, there is nothing wrong with the way you're living if this is how you choose to live your life, just don't wake up at 42 and regret your life choices.

Best of luck to you

Joe Cassandra

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
509%
Jul 25, 2013
Woodstock, GA
all of you went in here seeing me working 1.5 hours a day, doing practically nothing, taking days off like I had all the time in the world, waking up at 4PM on a daily basis. And with some help from you guys, I was able to change and actually get some really great days. The first impression stuck and even when I was working long days I was given no credit for it and labeled and action faker. I couldn't shake the first impressions and still continued to get inane comments regarding my daily schedule 3 weeks ago that were tiresome.

You were able to change? .... 2 days ago...

-woke up at 4PM

Dude, if you can't even wake up before 4PM, I'm surprised you can even put on pants.

Think getting out of bed is hard...trying being self-employed...those nut shots will hurt more than the evening sunset peeking through your window...
You spent the last month "optimizing" your ads (which sounds like were financed through mafia cash) and you didn't make a single sale.

Look, at 19, I was a dumb college kid. You're getting a great gift of other people sharing their experiences with you. Like I said above, they might be harsh in their criticism, but it all comes from a place of "don't waste time and do what I did...listen!!"

Learning from others mistakes (and for free) is the absolute best thing at your age.

Good luck,

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread marked NOTABLE, some great advice pouring in for those who come later, hopefully without the deaf ears...

G

GuestUser091

Thread marked NOTABLE

I know I'm a world class writer the likes of Shakespeare and a thinker the world hasn't seen since Descartes, but this? It's almost too much. Nonetheless, I humbly and with great deference accept this honor.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.