The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Wantrepreneurs

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I have a few friends like this on FB, and honestly it doesn't really bother me. In fact, it actually gives me a good laugh. One day their promoting a shady MLM company, and the next, it's some crappy product, then later, it's some comical fortune-telling service. These guys call themselves "entrepreneurs", but yet, after many years, they're still broke as a joke, living from paycheck-to-paycheck.

It's funny, I forgot about this thread. But the one person who initially inspired this thread stopped pretending to be an entrepreneur after 2 weeks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
It's funny, I forgot about this thread. But the one person who initially inspired this thread stopped pretending to be an entrepreneur after 2 weeks.

I don't understand why you have to keep calling me out over my FB posts. :clench:

I don't post anything about my own stuff on FB because even talking about it to people in person you have to suffer through their constant "advice" that's based on their "business" selling an MLM product in their hair salon, or "You had my barbecue sauce at 4th of July, right? Everybody says it's great. I'm gonna sell it to Kraft or something"

Last edited:

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
Step 3: Surround yourself with a new set of friends and mentors

Where do you find these people?!?

I know, I know. Right here: The Fastlane Forum. But I mean offline. In the real world?

I've cut off everyone that's slowlane so now it's just:
1. Me
2. My girlfriend
3. 2-3 gym friends
4. ONE fastlane mindset friend from high-school.

I'm pretty focused on work so I'm not really lonely or in need of 100's of friends. But having a larger group of fastlane thinking friends would be nice.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Thing is, I work 100% online so all of my business contacts are online. Usually living 100's of miles away.

Email. :p

In all seriousness, there's a thread here somewhere about how to find a mentor. The reality is: quality friends/mentors/associates are acquired over a lifetime, usually one at a time.

High quality relationships are earned, not given.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Thing is, I work 100% online so all of my business contacts are online. Usually living 100's of miles away.

Definitely attend any local Fastlane meet ups. If there isn't one, plan one.

Also, check out local entrepreneur clubs or maybe consider spending 1 or 2 days a week at a coworking space.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
I had a friend like this. Some people are too busy trying to look successful to actually do what it takes to be successful. They're constantly looking for confirmation of their greatness and pad themselves on the back over the smallest "step" that they take. I, on the other hand, keep my mouth shut about my projects. When I do start talking about it, they'll know I've made it.

Years ago I wrote a how-to ebook, and did sell a few of them. The site was on auto-pilot as I stopped spending time on it. I made maybe $10,000 over the course of 5 years. I was telling someone about this, and he was so impressed and asked me why I had never mentioned that before. "You handle success well," he said.

To him, that was success; something that I should be bragging about. To me, it was nothing. The bar I set for myself is a lot higher than that. That's the difference between wantrepreneurs and the ones that do become entrepreneurs.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
64426859.jpg

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Where do you find these people?!?

1) Start attending business events: local events, events you may have to fly to. Events from the Forum, Internations (if you're abroad), the DC, local entrepreneur events. There is no excuse not to find these and attend, no matter where you are

2) Host your own meetups and invite friends, friends of friends, and people you have "met" online

3) Add value wherever you go. I often get messages on this forum and through Facebook, solely because of my posts on here. I post here because I like helping people, but an offshoot of providing value is people will actively seek you out.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.