The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Wantrepreneurs

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'm sure we have at least one friend on Facebook who has latched onto some MLM scheme and just won't..stop...posting..crap!

I had a friend recently discover MCA (Motor Club of America). He the proceeded to make 3 different Facebook pages about himself and his "business". In addition to all that noise, constantly posts regurgitated motivational posts calling himself an entrepreneur. Sorry bud, but you're in a pyramid scheme. You don't own your own business, you're not going to achieve financial freedom, you're just annoying everyone on Facebook.

Of course 5-10 people comment on every "ask me how you can make more money! I only have 5 slots left!" Post.. And I wonder, are they all also MCA members just helping each other out by posting fake comments or are people really this stupid to think selling roadside assistance will buy you a Ferrari.

Yesterday I woke up to a picture of a beautiful house with 2 Ferrari's parked outside. Talking about, ask me how I made my money. But I know he drives a Honda Civic and lives in a normal 3 bedroom house.

Today he posted a picture of himself "test driving" a Porsche. This is only days after claiming he made $1,400 in one week!!! Sorry, $1,400 a week will only buy you a 10 year old used Porsche.

It just frustrates me, because I'm over here busting my a$$ working a full time job AND starting a legitimate business to actually realize financial freedom and he's brainwashed by a MLM company and slinging his crap to everyone on the Internet.

Facebook was the best thing to ever happen to MLM...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Focus on yourself and on people who motivate you, not on people you consider laughable.
You can always organize your news feed to never see anything like that.

Oh I completely agree. That's why this was simply a rant haha I don't focus on him. I tried to get him to read TMF , but I don't think he will.

It's just interesting seeing all the people who fall victim to MLM.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
00000317.png

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

I've already significantly cut FB out of my life which is good. I only visit it once a day. But agreed, I should stop following people who drive me nuts.

Ankerstein17

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Mar 22, 2015
Edmonton, Alberta
You can only help some one as much as they want to help themselves.

I think instagram is worse in this sense where all you see is this kind of posts. I have nothing wrong with it, in terms of the post itself, but its the transperancy behind it, is what bothers me. Any one can claim to be an expert in any thing. You need to do your research, and if you create a product or service that suffices the needs of people from the research or you feel theirs a gap in the market or some sort of information that you can sell do it.

The way you make your money is just as important as you making money.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
You can only help some one as much as they want to help themselves.

I think instagram is worse in this sense where all you see is this kind of posts. I have nothing wrong with it, in terms of the post itself, but its the transperancy behind it, is what bothers me. Any one can claim to be an expert in any thing. You need to do your research, and if you create a product or service that suffices the needs of people from the research or you feel theirs a gap in the market or some sort of information that you can sell do it.

The way you make your money is just as important as you making money.

Agreed. I think what bugs me is the attempts to mislead people. Posting pictures of cars you don't own and can't afford. Pretending like making $500 a week selling roadside assistance will make you rich.. It's just misleading.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Step 1a: Get on Facebook and FLUSH all of those people out of your life.

Step 1b: Spend less time on Facebook

Step 2: Read everything you can get your hands on in terms of entrepreneurship and marketing

Step 3: Surround yourself with a new set of friends and mentors

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Affiliate marketing has gotten such a bad name , such a AMAZING idea destroyed by money hungry shmucks
Oh, I plan on using affiliate marketing to increase our sales. But I won't lie to people and tell them a referral worth $25 is going to do anything other than give them $25

GuestUser153

New Contributor
Mar 29, 2014
Lagos
I am a number one hater of the MLM rant. It does not make me happy seeing people believing in what doesn't work.

Come and join us blah blah blah and you will make so so amount of money.

They keep climbing lather and not adding real values.

Most of them have turned to motivational speakers overnight.

Sent from my Infinix-X551 using Tapatalk

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I remember this during the height of the Empower Network days. I would get people messaging me crap about joining. It was annoying and I unfriended a lot of peeps.

I spend less time on FB now and do all my comms on Skype or Slack. It's much more productive.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I have a few acquaintances that do this, but amongst them is my sister in law, in a job that makes her 100k+ but she wants to quit. Her solution is MLMs. She's on her second one. She's a smart person, yet sometimes I wonder how come she doesn't see she won't be able to exit the rat race thru that crap. She just started recruiting undergraduate students "that want extra cash, make more than baby sitting with half the effort!" ... it just looks so fake at plain sight!

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Only time seeing MLM schemes on social media gets to me is whenever it's someone relatively close.
I have a good friend's fiance on fb that is peddling "it works" pyramid scheme items....

I don't have the heart to tell them it's a pyramid scheme, so I just remain silent.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
It just frustrates me, because I'm over here busting my a$$ working a full time job AND starting a legitimate business to actually realize financial freedom and he's brainwashed by a MLM company and slinging his crap to everyone on the Internet.

Last week I ran over a squirrel. I didn't try to kill him; he couldn't make up his mind where he wanted to go, and I was heading to my destination too fast to do anything about it.

I'm sure he had really important squirrel stuff to do, meet other squirrels, chase squirrels up and down trees, gather nuts for winter. Whatever they do. I don't know. It always looks like they've got a lot going on.

His squirrel stuff didn't concern me when he was alive, and it doesn't really bother me that he's dead. He only bothered me when he got in my way. And then, he only bothered me for about 1 second; I didn't have time to slow down or change my direction.

I forget the point I was trying to make.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Last week I ran over a squirrel. I didn't try to kill him; he couldn't make up his mind where he wanted to go, and I was heading to my destination too fast to do anything about it.

I'm sure he had really important squirrel stuff to do, meet other squirrels, chase squirrels up and down trees, gather nuts for winter. Whatever they do. I don't know. It always looks like they've got a lot going on.

His squirrel stuff didn't concern me when he was alive, and it doesn't really bother me that he's dead. He only bothered me when he got in my way. And then, he only bothered me for about 1 second; I didn't have time to slow down or change my direction.

Thanks, I was actually committed to the story.

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Social media can either be a powerful tool for producers, or a time sucking black hole for consumers. It sounds like the main difference from you and your friend is that he's using Facebook to grow his business, while you're consuming what he posts and ranting about it through this forum. At least he's putting in the work to tell everyone about his offer. At least he's on people's minds. At least people are talking about what he posts. Noones talking about what you're posting or your business.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Winners keep moving forward?

Winners don't waste time and band-width judging how others live?

Don't mow down squirrels if you can help it?

We can't know what's going on in other people's minds?

Don't sit still, cos @RHL will run over you?

Damn... I'm intrigued...

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Social media can either be a powerful tool for producers, or a time sucking black hole for consumers. It sounds like the main difference from you and your friend is that he's using Facebook to grow his business, while you're consuming what he posts and ranting about it through this forum. At least he's putting in the work to tell everyone about his offer. At least he's on people's minds. At least people are talking about what he posts. Noones talking about what you're posting or your business.

Dude calm your tits. I posted a quick rant that's all. I visit FB once a day to just see what's going on. But good job pretending like you know what I'm up too.

Ps, we advertise our business on social media too.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
I'm sure we have at least one friend on Facebook who has latched onto some MLM scheme and just won't..stop...posting..crap!

I had a friend recently discover MCA (Motor Club of America). He the proceeded to make 3 different Facebook pages about himself and his "business". In addition to all that noise, constantly posts regurgitated motivational posts calling himself an entrepreneur. Sorry bud, but you're in a pyramid scheme. You don't own your own business, you're not going to achieve financial freedom, you're just annoying everyone on Facebook.

Of course 5-10 people comment on every "ask me how you can make more money! I only have 5 slots left!" Post.. And I wonder, are they all also MCA members just helping each other out by posting fake comments or are people really this stupid to think selling roadside assistance will buy you a Ferrari.

Yesterday I woke up to a picture of a beautiful house with 2 Ferrari's parked outside. Talking about, ask me how I made my money. But I know he drives a Honda Civic and lives in a normal 3 bedroom house.

Today he posted a picture of himself "test driving" a Porsche. This is only days after claiming he made $1,400 in one week!!! Sorry, $1,400 a week will only buy you a 10 year old used Porsche.

Facebook was the best thing to ever happen to MLM...

I can't believe the amount of people posting MLM touts in last year or 2 on facebook let alone braindead political opinions. Unplugging from Facebook will greatly improve your mental health....but the company won't tell you that

Neither will the folks who are full blown rats on a wheel into social media like FB, Instagram, etc

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I can't believe the amount of people posting MLM touts in last year or 2 on facebook let alone braindead political opinions. Unplugging from Facebook will greatly improve your mental help....but the company won't tell you that

Neither will the folks who are full blown rats on a wheel into social media like FB, Instagram, etc

Again, that's why i deleted the app from my phone. But I have to stay on Facebook because we are marketing through our Facebook page. I need to disable tagging from my profile since I usually log on and have 5 or so just from one MLM friend

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
Woah wait a minute.....

So you mean to tell me all the work I do sustaining my downline and cold calling to sell my tea isnt a real viable business....

giphy.gif

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Last week I ran over a squirrel. ..... I forget the point I was trying to make.
Not cool. Run over a squirrel, a point should be made.

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Not cool. Run over a squirrel, a point should be made.

I think the point was: Pick a direction and go or get run the hell over! :D

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Again, that's why i deleted the app from my phone. But I have to stay on Facebook because we are marketing through our Facebook page. I need to disable tagging from my profile since I usually log on and have 5 or so just from one MLM friend

I understand that, which is also why i see it as a dead end tool as people wake up and realize social media DIVIDES. But mainly people will just realize the truth its a tool or vehicle for SALESMAN/Marketers to prey upon them/capture them.

Do the consumers you market to want to be captured and marketed too heavily? If so I can see why you "need to be there".

Humans were meant to be in tribes and only focus on a certain amount of people there's only so long imbeciles can be on these networks pretending to have 500, 1000+ friends let alone act like some "corporation" is on facebook as their "Friend" LOL

Pilot35

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
502%
Sep 2, 2016
I have a few friends like this on FB, and honestly it doesn't really bother me. In fact, it actually gives me a good laugh. One day they're promoting a shady MLM company, and the next, it's some crappy product, then later, it's some comical fortune-telling service. These guys call themselves "entrepreneurs", but yet, after many years, they're still broke as a joke, living from paycheck-to-paycheck.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.