The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook Ads, Landing Page, and Conversion Rate

Marketing, social media, advertising

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Hey,

I've been running ads for a week for a mobile app idea. I created landing page with a screenshot and a description of the app, and a "drop your email" form. I'm driving traffic with a few Facebook posts and ads.

My question is: what is a good conversion rate for landing pages?

So far I've got a 2% conversion rate on the landing page itself. Looks quite bad to me, but this is the first time I'm trying this approach, so I want to ask people who know about this. I just want to find out whether the idea is worth implementing, as relying on "this is cool!" from friends didn't quite work out for me before.

I'm aware that there are other ways, such as engaging with potential users in the niche, on forums, etc. But I wanted to try the landing page way this time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey,

I've been running ads for a week for a mobile app idea. I created landing page with a screenshot and a description of the app, and a "drop your email" form. I'm driving traffic with a few Facebook posts and ads.

My question is: what is a good conversion rate for landing pages?

So far I've got a 2% conversion rate on the landing page itself. Looks quite bad to me, but this is the first time I'm trying this approach, so I want to ask people who know about this. I just want to find out whether the idea is worth implementing, as relying on "this is cool!" from friends didn't quite work out for me before.

I'm aware that there are other ways, such as engaging with potential users in the niche, on forums, etc. But I wanted to try the landing page way this time.
I don't do Facebook Ads. I'd say 2% is a start.

I'd be more interested in how many people are signing up per day, at what CPA, and what conversation might ensue. Sure, you can and should work on the conversion rate, but it's not just about the landing page.

This might help:

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
I don't do Facebook Ads. I'd say 2% is a start.

I'd be more interested in how many people are signing up per day, at what CPA, and what conversation might ensue. Sure, you can and should work on the conversion rate, but it's not just about the landing page.

This might help:
Thanks, I'll have a look at your thread!

So far only 2 subscribers in total, and it took a few days to get one. I can share the numbers, but look dismal to me:

These are the two Facebook ads (with nice creatives) where I drop a link and a "Learn More" button. The second one is doing much better (at least clicks/reach) than the first one.
Screenshot from 2023-04-23 10-16-32.pngScreenshot from 2023-04-23 10-16-17.png
And this is the conversion rate on Convert Kit, although they don't quite add up, so I guess there's some delay.
Screenshot from 2023-04-23 10-15-52.png

So just 2 subscribers. Not very promising. I think the link clicks are very low.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

So far only 2 subscribers in total, and it took a few days to get one. I can share the numbers, but look dismal to me:

These are the two Facebook ads (with nice creatives) where I drop a link and a "Learn More" button. The second one is doing much better (at least clicks/reach) than the first one.
View attachment 48460View attachment 48461
And this is the conversion rate on Convert Kit, although they don't quite add up, so I guess there's some delay.
View attachment 48462

So just 2 subscribers. Not very promising. I think the link clicks are very low.
Can you also track how many visitors click the signup button on your landing page?

Remember, it's not the landing page that converts. It's the visitor. You have to dial in your targeting, ad, and landing page for visitors to convert into subscribers.

Have you manually emailed each subscriber and sent a little video? I did that when I started a few tests like this. I'd do a little hello video on Loom and send it to them. I'd capture their name so I could use it in the video.

I'm doing something similar in this thread:

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Can you also track how many visitors click the signup button on your landing page?
Not by default. I would expect these guys had this baked in, but nope. It is possible to add Google Analytics, I've seen a few tutorials.

Remember, it's not the landing page that converts. It's the visitor. You have to dial in your targeting, ad, and landing page for visitors to convert into subscribers.

Have you manually emailed each subscriber and sent a little video? I did that when I started a few tests like this. I'd do a little hello video on Loom and send it to them. I'd capture their name so I could use it in the video.

I'm doing something similar in this thread:
That sounds like a great idea. Sending them a video can increase engagement. I'll give it a shot :)

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

View attachment 48460View attachment 48461
View attachment 48462

The second one is alright. As long as your subscriber ltv is high enough this is good

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
The second one is alright. As long as your subscriber ltv is high enough this is good
Cool! Let's see.

This app is not as trivial to make as I'd like, so I want to have some confidence that there's some actual interest before I sit down and make an MVP.

I want to validate it from other angles too. But I've had a few cases where people said "this is a great idea" and then no one bought anything. So at least someone willing to give an email address is a harder proof.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Cool! Let's see.

This app is not as trivial to make as I'd like, so I want to have some confidence that there's some actual interest before I sit down and make an MVP.

I want to validate it from other angles too. But I've had a few cases where people said "this is a great idea" and then no one bought anything. So at least someone willing to give an email address is a harder proof.
Honestly, go get 200-500 subscribers and then send them a presale.

Smth like "hey you can preorder this app for 50% off and get all features for lifetime with no additional costs".

If you make your money back with that action then there is interest. If not then refund the people and figure out why the people were not interested.

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
Honestly, go get 200-500 subscribers and then send them a presale.

Smth like "hey you can preorder this app for 50% off and get all features for lifetime with no additional costs".

If you make your money back with that action then there is interest. If not then refund the people and figure out why the people were not interested.
That's a good point. User acquisition needs to be tested too. Otherwise there might be surprises down the road.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
2% seems incredibly low for what sounds like an email optin?

What are your ads optimised for?

If they’re optimised for clicks then you’ll get clicks and not optins

Also do you have hotjar? Be interesting to see what these visitors are doing to try and see if they’re actually even looking at the page or not

Also it doesn’t seem like the best way to test the market

Maybe make a download button on the page to see if people click that as if they are interested in downloading it, then maybe have that pop up with the email optin so you can get their email

srodrigo

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Sep 11, 2018
2% seems incredibly low for what sounds like an email optin?

What are your ads optimised for?

If they’re optimised for clicks then you’ll get clicks and not optins

Also do you have hotjar? Be interesting to see what these visitors are doing to try and see if they’re actually even looking at the page or not

Also it doesn’t seem like the best way to test the market

Maybe make a download button on the page to see if people click that as if they are interested in downloading it, then maybe have that pop up with the email optin so you can get their email
The ads are optimised for going to the landing page.

I haven't tried hotjar, but I'll have a look. In theory, users are hitting the landing page. Another question is whether mobile users scroll to the bottom and finish looking at everything and just ignore the sign up button, or they give up much earlier.

I've never tried the email opt-in on Facebook. It sounds more straight to the point "Do you want to download this, yes or no?". Maybe worth giving it a try and see if it improves.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The ads are optimised for going to the landing page.

I haven't tried hotjar, but I'll have a look. In theory, users are hitting the landing page. Another question is whether mobile users scroll to the bottom and finish looking at everything and just ignore the sign up button, or they give up much earlier.

I've never tried the email opt-in on Facebook. It sounds more straight to the point "Do you want to download this, yes or no?". Maybe worth giving it a try and see if it improves.
You are optimised for landing page views so you are getting landing page views

You need to optimise for conversions

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!