The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Execution>>>Perfection

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

random_9492

Contributor
Jan 2, 2021
I have always asked this question to myself "Is it important to learn a skill before starting a business?" . This has fascinated me over the long run, I have always identified myself who has dived in deep into something before starting a new journey. For example, I used to work in Sales a few years ago, and when I got the job offer, I asked my employer to give me some time to LEARN marketing. His answer: "Begin the process, and the skills will come gradually" . This is in line with @Andy Black mentioned in my last post, start helping someone and learn the skills along the way. I completed a lot of courses online on SEO, marketing, digital marketing,etc.. and while they were helpful in some way, they didn't help me GET STARTED. I learned by doing, not by learning. I am writing this for everyone on this forum who has(or had) a perfection mentality like mine. For everyone starting out on the journey of entrepreneurship, don't think about it as a business, think about it as helping someone who needs it. Nothing beats the feeling of seeing a smile on the face of someone who needed helped, and your help provided him with the fuel he needed to keep going.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Private Witt

Silver Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Feb 20, 2018
Portland
Great post. It took me ten years of doing business to learn to just focus on helping people and it sure does pay back down the road. My new thing is placing people in my industry whose voices and story need to be heard on colleagues media platforms and the amount of joy I get when see others happy they finally get coverage is very satisfying and have been doing this more often to great results for all involved.

random_9492

Contributor
Jan 2, 2021
Great post. It took me ten years of doing business to learn to just focus on helping people and it sure does pay back down the road. My new thing is placing people in my industry whose voices and story need to be heard on colleagues media platforms and the amount of joy I get when see others happy they finally get coverage is very satisfying and have been doing this more often to great results for all involved.
it's a never ending high that you get from helping from others, and that should be the core business philosophy for everyone. KEEP HELPING EVERYONE rather than MAKE MORE PROFITS THIS YEAR THAN WE MADE THE LAST YEAR.

Andy Black

Making a nuisance of himself on Twitter
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Good for you!

“Money is proof you helped your fellow man.” (MJ)

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any scholarship programs for those who can't afford the course? Broke but need this course :)...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads