The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

EVERY Health, Wealth, and Relationship Coach MUST DO THIS.

Marketing, social media, advertising

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Coaches are missing out on a massive opportunity by not being on..

you guessed it..

TikTok.

I see so many coaches on Instagram and Facebook who ARE relatively successful in their coaching but are missing out on the ability to reach and impact so many more people.

If you're an ADVICE-BASED business or person or whatever it is you do, TikTok is the place where a LOT of people will listen to you talk.

You may think as a coach that tiktok is just a place where people dance and show videos of themselves lifting weights -

The truth is.. That IS the majority of TikTok

And what do you notice about these STUPID videos? They get a LOT of attention.

But what if you could be the needle in the haystack? The coach that shares all of their vulnerabilities and advice in a way that attracts a REAL audience of people who are interested in EXACTLY what it is you give advice about? What if you could take those tiktok followers and funnel them into your instagram to make them more "loyal" followers?

I'm not a coach myself, but I do give advice-based content (fitness and self improvement). I've personally shared advice based on my own experience in health, wealth AND relationships, and guess what? I've had viral videos in every single one of those categories. Not only viral though, a consistent following that watches my tiktok videos and then takes the time out of their day to DM me on Instagram asking me questions about the advice I'm giving OR telling me how much my videos are changing their life.

Think about this -

You're a Coach. You have an awesome website landing page setup that converts perfectly. If only you could get people to that link to see what you're selling.. Maybe you've spent thousands of dollars on facebook ads?

I'm not saying that's bad, but the truth is right now at this moment you could post a tiktok video of you talking about something that you sell (your advice + strategies) and get a million views on it if the video is valuable enough and structured properly.

Do this right.. and you WILL see the results. You WILL get eyeballs (for free).

Hope this helps someone!

Peace

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
You get views. But do you get sales? Sign-ups? Anything other than vanity metrics?

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
You get views. But do you get sales? Sign-ups? Anything other than vanity metrics?
Hey MTF I believe I've read your thread (i believe this was you) about how social media is not a great thing to put attention into for a business

It was a great thread and I understand where you were coming from and it did make me rethink putting a ton of time into social media (it still does)... great job on that

Although, I still do believe in the power of social media for SELLING.

I personally do NOT sell anything to my audience on there yet - but I can answer your question in terms of someone else's account that I did help that WAS selling a product.

We partnered up on an account which was based around basketball cards and the product being sold was sports cards breaks (ripping open boxes on tiktok live) and sports betting services. We started posting videos about sports cards and within the first week just by telling stories about buying and selling basketball cards we got millions of views on the account (vanity metrics, sure)

But here's what happened:

Since MOST of the people (i didn't expect this) WERE people that were interested in sports cards (they had sports card accounts and loved sports betting and gambling on opening packs of basketball cards), The owner of the account started going live, and people JUST ON TIKTOK started paying for box breaks. Ultimately, it turned into a thing where 50-100 people were watching because it was entertaining and they wanted to see what they could get.

So seeing this really made me believe in the power of not just tiktok but social media in general for not JUST getting views, but also converting those viewers into buyers with the right funnels (which I'm not experienced in)

TikTok is just another social media platform, but you can't do on instagram and youtube what you can do on tiktok, which is REACH a ton of those people very fast if you post the right kinds of content.

My thoughts is that a loyal audience is powerful and social media is a great way to gain that

I don't think you're wrong though!! I definitely see how it could be mental masturbation. I've been in those positions before just posting for views. But valuable content on social media DOES get people interested.

EDIT: I should also add that sign-ups , yes I've successfully gotten LOTS of signups to an e-mail list from using tiktok.

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019

I changed my mind on this. I think social media, even if they don't bring sales, can be helpful to nurture a relationship and build trust long-term with customers and potential customers, especially in DTC brands.

It's not just about direct sales obtained, but also how other acquisition channels can aid the others in the long-term

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Danny_Cox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Apr 26, 2022
Bristol, UK
I was just thinking this morning about doing a ‘drum teacher answers’ TikTok campaign.

I take questions from current students, forums, top of my head and do what I do every day: answer them.

If it grows, I get more questions. I turn those questions into product/service ideas.

Signups/sales would be a bonus.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I was just thinking this morning about doing a ‘drum teacher answers’ TikTok campaign.

I take questions from current students, forums, top of my head and do what I do every day: answer them.

If it grows, I get more questions. I turn those questions into product/service ideas.

Signups/sales would be a bonus.

Taking questions from elsewhere on the internet and answering them is a pretty good idea for a low effort and useful social media account.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.