The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurship promoted by the Script ?

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
Hello everyone,

Since a few weeks now, I see ads from almost every banks (in France) offering many advantages for entrepreneurs starting their business. As soon as I see an ad from a bank, it is somehow adressed to entrepreneurs.

I wanted to ask you if you also saw this kind of trend on other parts of the globe (or if other French noticed this as well). :smile2:
Do you think that these ads are the cause (banks want to promote entrepreneurship) or the consequence (a lot of people already turning to entrepreneurship) of a trend ? Do you see an increase of the amount of companies created where you live ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the Script promotes entrepreneurship as long as you "stay in your lane" and remain subservient to the work-spend-save system. I'm guessing banks love giving loans to corner bakeries, cafes, and automobile service stations, but no so much anything that can actually impact the world. They want you to impact the local neighborhood which, of course, lends itself to a middle-class existence.

In other words, you'll more likely get a loan to start a local massage spa in a retail strip mall, not so much if you want to start an worldwide SAAS serving massage spas.

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
I think the Script promotes entrepreneurship as long as you "stay in your lane" and remain subservient to the work-spend-save system. I'm guessing banks love giving loans to corner bakeries, cafes, and automobile service stations, but no so much anything that can actually impact the world. They want you to impact the local neighborhood which, of course, lends itself to a middle-class existence.

In other words, you'll more likely get a loan to start a local massage spa in a retail strip mall, not so much if you want to start an worldwide SAAS serving massage spas.
You are probably right.

I always find funny that all the "entrepreneurs" who are in these ads always look like lost teenargers who are finally helped by their bank adviser. Like a dad giving a piece of advice to a child or divine help coming from above...

I have a friend working at an organism which supports the creation of businesses and companies, he told me that the requests for business creation exploded during the last few months. But yeah, as you said, mainly some small businesses.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I'd also say that entrepreneurship has become somewhat of a buzz word, especially on social media. But imo there's Slowlane entrepreneurship and there's Fastlane entrepreneurship.

What I think people want, without knowing a term for it, is Fastlane entrepreneurship, where they don't need a job anymore and are financially free. But often they get into businesses that merely act like a job.

I don't think ads like you mentioned it are actually aimed at Fastlane entrepreneurs, but more at the Slowlane ones.

Another reason you see these may be, that it's based on what you are interested in, so someone interested in climbing a corporate ladder may see a different ad from the same bank, advertising a credit to, I don't know, pay for their further education or something like this.

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
I'd also say that entrepreneurship has become somewhat of a buzz word, especially on social media. But imo there's Slowlane entrepreneurship and there's Fastlane entrepreneurship.

What I think people want, without knowing a term for it, is Fastlane entrepreneurship, where they don't need a job anymore and are financially free. But often they get into businesses that merely act like a job.

I don't think ads like you mentioned it are actually aimed at Fastlane entrepreneurs, but more at the Slowlane ones.

Another reason you see these may be, that it's based on what you are interested in, so someone interested in climbing a corporate ladder may see a different ad from the same bank, advertising a credit to, I don't know, pay for their further education or something like this.
For sure, entrepreneurship has become trendy. I thought it would be the other way around, especially in France because you heard a lot of stories about people having to shut down businesses because of the Covid restrictions. I thought that people would be scared because of these kind of stories but it seems not to be the case.

Of course, I am full "entrepreneur mode" now so I might be more sensitive to these ads bit I noticed this fact a few weeks ago and really started to have a look at every bank ad. I would say at least 3/4 are for entrepreneurs (with the word "entrepreneur" clearly written). There were already ads before but not so much.

Maybe they also want people to get away from Real Estate as the RE market is going crazy in France at the moment...

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2020
France
Hello everyone,

Since a few weeks now, I see ads from almost every banks (in France) offering many advantages for entrepreneurs starting their business. As soon as I see an ad from a bank, it is somehow adressed to entrepreneurs.

I wanted to ask you if you also saw this kind of trend on other parts of the globe (or if other French noticed this as well). :smile2:
Do you think that these ads are the cause (banks want to promote entrepreneurship) or the consequence (a lot of people already turning to entrepreneurship) of a trend ? Do you see an increase of the amount of companies created where you live ?
They most likely have partnerships with specific organisms. In France, MEDEF (CEO union) is investing in classes that train people for entrepreneurship (the national Etudiant-Entrepreneur label), so that might play too.

They're doing this to promote innovation, but yeah, it's VERY unlikely that any ambitious project will get funded by traditional banks

Djioul

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 12, 2021
France
They most likely have partnerships with specific organisms. In France, MEDEF (CEO union) is investing in classes that train people for entrepreneurship (the national Etudiant-Entrepreneur label), so that might play too.

They're doing this to promote innovation, but yeah, it's VERY unlikely that any ambitious project will get funded by traditional banks
I honestly don't think that banks want to promote true innovation.
There might be some organization having interests in promoting and encouraging innovation but I don't think that banks are part of them.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I know we go by the "there's no f*cking list" principle, but I must say, there are hundreds of blog articles outlining "business ideas" for the slowlane.

Why not the same but only focusing on the Fastlane?

Maybe the "list" would be too long, or virtually infinite.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I know we go by the "there's no f*cking list" principle, but I must say, there are hundreds of blog articles outlining "business ideas" for the slowlane.

Why not the same but only focusing on the Fastlane?

Maybe the "list" would be too long, or virtually infinite.
Just because it’s local, doesn’t mean it has to be small. There are countless scalable businesses that can be geographically isolated to an area.

On the extreme high end, what about a RE developer that focuses on one major market?

On the other end, there are absolutely douche spas that have 20 locations and make millions. :rofl:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Just because it’s local, doesn’t mean it has to be small. There are countless scalable businesses that can be geographically isolated to an area.

On the extreme high end, what about a RE developer that focuses on one major market?

On the other end, there are absolutely douche spas that have 20 locations and make millions. :rofl:
Good point.

Yeah I guess the “list” is endless.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hello everyone,

Some government subsidize such loans to promote small business. They back part of the loans if they go bad. So banks have an incentive to lend.

Jeannen

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2020
France
I honestly don't think that banks want to promote true innovation.
There might be some organization having interests in promoting and encouraging innovation but I don't think that banks are part of them.
Oh, definitely, banks are just here to make $$ lol
But they probably have partnerships with those groups wanting to promote entrepreneurship (even if it's not innovation)

Simply put, more entrepreneurs = more jobs available on the market = better stats for politics

That's likely why they promote local activities that are the most susceptible to create job and not some random solopreneur shmuck in his room creating a product with a million $$ potential

Brissy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 2, 2016
Hello everyone,

What I have seen is this promotion of Entrepreneurship in slowlane offers three things:
1) Controlling people who are tired of life and needs a new box to be put in. Like Neo tells in Matrix, this is also not real but just a box for those tired of Matrix. I think a lot of these people are again captured into boxes like Franchises, own businesses to hire more people, take more liability etc. In other words who don't think more than the marketing presentation and thinks they can be free from work by taking a coffee shop franchise only to realise it's worse.
2) Sucking Ecosystem: There is a huge system which employs a lot of gurus, pitching trainers, business plan experts, etc who make money by selling these packages, training etc.
3) VC/IPO games: A lot of VC funds are now owned by corporate in hidden ways and they now have the capacity to see which ones are likely to succeed, provide some marketing, make them famous, grow some value artificially and then dump it in share market via IPO.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.