The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Panic Attacks & Entrepreneurship (a Blessing In Disguise?)

Anything related to matters of the mind

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hey guys - coming here today with a sensitive topic..

A little bit difficult to write out, but I think this is something that needs to be talked about for entrepreneurs because obviously, our output ability literally determines our destiny and legacy in the world - and to have that kind of focus, we need to be mentally sharp, and it's hard to do that with lots of anxiety and panic attacks when you're on a mission to build a large company.

The panic attacks I'm talking about are the ones that literally - feel like it's the end (of life).

However, great people in history have found ways to get over this and thrive.. From Abraham Lincoln to Nikola Tesla

And I'd be willing to bet there are tons of entrepreneurs who, while struggling with panic, were able to build companies in the billions.

Sometimes panic can throw us off track so much that we don't know what to do.. And start to feel lost - which starts a vicious cycle.

I want to share some things that have helped me so far, but first I want to say if any entrepreneurs on this forum have also struggled with this and still managed to pull through and be productive and make big things happen, I'd love to hear your stories.

Here's some things that have helped me -

1. Flow States

If you want to take your mind off of worry and fear, you need to constantly be pursuing something that piques your curiosity. You must stay in flow or else your mind is going to start drifting back to fear - some kind of task, whether that be doing cold calls, designing a product, or anything.

And you know what's super powerful that I've realized, that changed my outlook on panic and anxiety..?

Recently, I was reading a book called Antifragile (shoutout to @Antifragile lol) by Nassim Taleb which is about things that gain from disorder. To give an example - muscles on the human body are antifragile. When we work them out, they get bigger and stronger.

All of a sudden I realized something - could panic and anxiety be one of the reasons why many successful entrepreneurs build big businesses and conquer earth..?

Because they know that the constant pursuit of goals with directed action will put them into flow, causing them not to think about it.. And therefore excel..? Could it actually be a blessing in disguise?

Inside of a flow state - it's like the panic doesn't even exist anymore. You become ultra-creative, everything starts going your way.. It's pure bliss.

The one caveat to this though is that you must have something to do. If you don't have something to direct your energy towards because you are confused about what you should be working on, it slowly creeps back up on you and sends you down a spiral of bad thoughts.

So stay in flow.. Stay creative.. Know your priorities.. Know exactly what you need to do..

2. Yoga Nidra Meditation (or NSDR)

Coined NSDR by Andrew Huberman, this is a form of meditation that involves listening to a script (you can find them on youtube), that is directing your focus to parts of your body that you would never typically think about (like your left earlobe)

Through this meditation I have found that after doing it, the panic vanishes for hours on end. And within those hours where I am not thinking anything about panic, that is my chance to direct my energy towards something meaningful that can put me into a flow state. Once you get into a flow state, panic will not set in again for as long as you are directing your energy towards that project.

3. Identify Triggers

The smallest things can be triggers. For example you may hear a sound and all of a sudden your mind thinks that, that sound came from the inside of your body, and it sets off panic.

You need to think about these triggers and start to realize just how ridiculous they are. Find a way to laugh at them. One NLP technique that has helped me a bit is the following.. And I urge you to try this any time you're feeling panicked.

When we identify triggers, we start to see that the trigger is attached to a past event, and that event is the root from which all of your panic is built upon. It may the first time you ever experienced panic and you didn't know what was going on, and you haven't been able to throw that experience
in the trash ever since and you keep living it over and over again.

-
1. Imagine yourself watching the event on a movie screen (like you are an outsider)

2. Imagine yourself, watching yourself, watching the event on the movie screen, from the top of the empire state building in New York City through a telescope

3. Now, imagine yourself dragging the event all the way to the end, kind of like a youtube video, and then in your mind, play it in REVERSE.

4. As you play it in reverse, imagine hearing circus music to make it feel less serious, perhaps to a point where you can laugh a little bit.
-

When triggers happen, do not react, continue staying in a forward center of mass doing what you were doing before the trigger happened. You may start to feel it trickling in, but if you react, you are affirming that there is something wrong and it could set off panic.

4. Change your focus from inside your body to outside

Typically when you feel panicked, you're thinking about how something is wrong with your body. You need to get out of your head. To do this easily, put your hand up close to your face for 1-2 minutes straight and observe everything about it. How it looks, all of the scar patterns. If you do this, you'll notice that you completely forgot about the panic and feel better.

-

There is more I could say about this..

But the #1 thing is to ALWAYS be working on something. Stay in constant forward movement. Doing this will distract you positively from whatever it is that you fear. In a panicked state, what do you hear in your mind? All limiting things. And it's HARD to change the limiting thoughts to empowering thoughts in that state.

But when you direct your focus towards something meaningful and start making progress, no matter how small it is, your mind state will automatically shift from limiting thoughts to empowering thoughts that spit out a flow of creativity and optimism about the future.

And if you don't know what to do in order to get yourself into that forward center of action.. Here's a quote I heard that can help you:

"The easiest way to prevent distraction is to have a task so simple that its more painful not to do it than it is to do it."

Again, that is why business is such an amazing thing (if we can direct our focus towards the right actions that give us fulfillment), and why I think people who struggle with this are capable of being some of the most successful people in the world..

-

I really hope someone can relate to this and it helps them, I know this is a sensitive topic, but if anyone would be willing to share some stories from their lives, that would be awesome.

-Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Thanks for posting this man.
It's nothing near easy choosing to take this path- especially as you're fighting uphill as you're starting out. I had a long talk with myself in 2019 and knew that going further into the corporate world wouldn't be right for me, so I chose to do only what was necessary for my job and use every bit of free time- even missing out on a LOT of social events or doing things with friends- to find something that would work and provide value even at the cost of friends and weekends and potential opportunities.

It doesn't come overnight and everyday is a battle
- Is this even realistic?
- Is it right to not focus on building up job skills?
- Did I choose the right business to go with?
- Should I spend more time trying to be social in tradeoff for time to focus on the hustles?

Just last month I went in for a checkup and my doctor straight up told me I needed to chill out because my resting heart rate was way too damn high. Made me reconnect with meditation, taking things easy, but more important being grateful for the things I do have and have built, and to dream bigger about the future. The last time I had a panic attack, it was essentially all of those doubts I just listed flooding into my head. I didn't think about the multi-thousand dollar client I just signed for an easy project that I could use to profits to pay off my student loans with, didn't think about the discipline or the skills I built up over the past years or the hundreds of great business owners I've spoken with or met.

I think tony robbins has a day devoted to it in one of his old tapes:
"Your focus is like a camera, where you point it is what you watch... if you go to a party and focus in on the guy in the corner being shy and drinking alone, would you think that was a sh!tty party? Or if you went into the same party and focused on the half-naked women dancing on tables, then wouldn't that same party be pretty wild?
When you focus on the brown in life... you may just start to think that everything is sh!t!"

Just my two cents.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Thanks for posting this man.
It's nothing near easy choosing to take this path- especially as you're fighting uphill as you're starting out. I had a long talk with myself in 2019 and knew that going further into the corporate world wouldn't be right for me, so I chose to do only what was necessary for my job and use every bit of free time- even missing out on a LOT of social events or doing things with friends- to find something that would work and provide value even at the cost of friends and weekends and potential opportunities.

It doesn't come overnight and everyday is a battle
- Is this even realistic?
- Is it right to not focus on building up job skills?
- Did I choose the right business to go with?
- Should I spend more time trying to be social in tradeoff for time to focus on the hustles?

Just last month I went in for a checkup and my doctor straight up told me I needed to chill out because my resting heart rate was way too damn high. Made me reconnect with meditation, taking things easy, but more important being grateful for the things I do have and have built, and to dream bigger about the future. The last time I had a panic attack, it was essentially all of those doubts I just listed flooding into my head. I didn't think about the multi-thousand dollar client I just signed for an easy project that I could use to profits to pay off my student loans with, didn't think about the discipline or the skills I built up over the past years or the hundreds of great business owners I've spoken with or met.

I think tony robbins has a day devoted to it in one of his old tapes:
"Your focus is like a camera, where you point it is what you watch... if you go to a party and focus in on the guy in the corner being shy and drinking alone, would you think that was a sh!tty party? Or if you went into the same party and focused on the half-naked women dancing on tables, then wouldn't that same party be pretty wild?
When you focus on the brown in life... you may just start to think that everything is sh!t!"

Just my two cents.
Thank you for sharing some of your story brother.

I can relate. Focus is everything.

Question:

What kind of meditation has helped you the most?

-

Something I realized is that (for me at least) I have always thought that being extremely hard on myself, stressing myself out like no ones business, was a good way to prevent laziness and stay in an action state. Making myself anxious was the way that I would be a successful entrepreneur and if I didn't, then I'd fall back into mediocrity.

And when I would be stagnant and not know which way to go, it felt like the end of the world, compounding the stress.

Being hard on yourself is just putting you into an unresourceful state...

A calm, creative state... Allows you to see your priorities and then take action..

You don't need that inner willpower of anxiety to get things done, you just need to do them..

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
It happened to me in 2021. Exactly as you described. It was so life altering (at least near term) that it was (and is) hard to get a grasp on. After my episode I experienced what I would describe/envision as PTSD. This feeling peaked in 2022 and has diminished somewhat as I write this.

I credit my religion to getting me back to where I am. But to clarify, I'm not "fixed" yet. I think that will only happen when I surpass the level I was at in 2021 without the anxiety issues.

I made a few changes to see if they will help combat the issue. A few of those changes are:
- Speeding up my ability to recognize when things aren't "right" with the business
- Screening customers much more diligently (this also involves lost opportunity cost)
- Recognizing the beginning symptoms of "overwhelm" and addressing immediately
- Running all opportunities through my top 3 values for congruence (saying "no" more)
- Accepting that I am not Superman and indestructible.

This is really hard to write about (not due to shame or embarrassment) because it is so hard to describe. Great idea to toss it on the forum and see what we come up with.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Remember that as your value increases, there is often more weight on your shoulders, and that your tolerance for stress, risk and pain is often going to be a limiting factor in how much you can grow as a person. You should be blowing through things that the average person wouldn't have the stomach for and would make them cry.

1. You do not have "anxiety", you are currently anxious. It's a feeling, not a diagnosis.
2. The feeling of stress and anxiety is a signal to your body that it is time to perform. Every time I have those feelings I label them as excitement and know that it's an asset. If two men face off against each other and feel the same thing, but one knows his anxiety is actually excitement and that it's time to perform, he will beat the other man who is trying to 'manage his anxiety'.
3. "Burn out" is called being tired. Go to bed. That's your rest. Your time off. If you disagree that is fine. I will go to bed and you will quit and you will say "it's not my fault, I got burnt out" and all I will need to do is go bedy-bye time and get back to work tomorrow. A more politically correct way of saying this is "take things one day at a time".
4. Knowing that my tolerance for stress, risk and pain is a limiting factor, I embrace those things as a trade off for what I want, which is to push the limit and accomplish my goals as fast as possible. Those things are not required if you want to go slow. Go as slow as you want, but if you want to push the envelope you will naturally feel those things and that's okay. I always remind myself, this is what I signed up for.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Remember that as your value increases, there is often more weight on your shoulders, and that your tolerance for stress, risk and pain is often going to be a limiting factor in how much you can grow as a person. You should be blowing through things that the average person wouldn't have the stomach for and would make them cry.

1. You do not have "anxiety", you are currently anxious. It's a feeling, not a diagnosis.
2. The feeling of stress and anxiety is a signal to your body that it is time to perform. Every time I have those feelings I label them as excitement and know that it's an asset. If two men face off against each other and feel the same thing, but one knows his anxiety is actually excitement and that it's time to perform, he will beat the other man who is trying to 'manage his anxiety'.
3. "Burn out" is called being tired. Go to bed. That's your rest. Your time off. If you disagree that is fine. I will go to bed and you will quit and you will say "it's not my fault, I got burnt out" and all I will need to do is go bedy-bye time and get back to work tomorrow. A more politically correct way of saying this is "take things one day at a time".
4. Knowing that my tolerance for stress, risk and pain is a limiting factor, I embrace those things as a trade off for what I want, which is to push the limit and accomplish my goals as fast as possible. Those things are not required if you want to go slow. Go as slow as you want, but if you want to push the envelope you will naturally feel those things and that's okay. I always remind myself, this is what I signed up for.
^^ this

I don’t even do what @Johnny boy says regarding labeling nowadays. I simply don’t care if I feel anxious or not. Anxiety is great, it makes you tuned in and fully concentrated on the task at hand. The more anxious, the better so long as you retain rational. Stop being so worried about how you feel, and keep your focus on the task at hand

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
^^ this

I don’t even do what @Johnny boy says regarding labeling nowadays. I simply don’t care if I feel anxious or not. Anxiety is great, it makes you tuned in and fully concentrated on the task at hand. The more anxious, the better so long as you retain rational. Stop being so worried about how you feel, and keep your focus on the task at hand
Agreed, I still have worries like anyone else, it just flips around into getting fired up, personally. I'm not a total machine yet but ideally yes, emotions would be void from the equation.

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Anxiety is normal.. full blown panic attacks probably not. Panic attacks definitely need to be addressed immediately. Speaking as someone who had panic attacks 5+ years ago and hasn't had one since, theres usually a much more serious and underlying problem.

I'll add the following for ways to help reduce stress/potential frequency of panic attacks too:
1) proper diet for your body - everyones different, but generally avoiding overly processed foods is a good start

2) martial arts/combat sports are a great way to connect with people, get a workout in, and learn an awesome skill all at once

3) medications/supplements/getting bloodwork done at least once a year - just being low in certain vitamins and minerals like vitamin d, iron, etc can play a huge role in insomnia/anxiety/etc.

I run a pretty sweet stack for cognition and stress reduction. mainly lions mane, l theanine, and ashwagandha. Beta blockers like propanolol are alright for short term use if you're struggling to turn that famous "entrepreneur always on" mode off. Much better substitute than benzos or alcohol as well.

4) having a good support system - having friends, family, S/O understand the specific path you've chosen to walk in life can help tremendously

5) having enough money to cover basic finances and an emergency fund - has been huge in helping me feel more comfortable taking big risks

Overall everyone on this path is going to face self doubt, anxiety, and stress. Panic attacks are a much, much more complex and larger problem.

Hurks2048

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Apr 15, 2023

Definitely agree on the point about sleep.
As a high school student, its so bizarre when I see so many people have staying up late scrolling on Instagram as a regular occurrence, and let themselves go to school with less that 7 hours of sleep. I'm not sure about you guys, but I've found that on the days where I wake up from a 5 hour sleep to be some of the worst in terms of being wrapped around negative thoughts. What have your experiences been like?

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
chronic stress + the state of your body + biological predisposition => panic attacks

The panic attack is akin to the emergency button in your brain, more or less spontaneously firing. Normally this panic program is helpful when the lion jumps out of the bush to attack you. Not so much if it is just daily low-grade stress.

I like all of the above comments, especially @mikecarlooch @Johnny boy and @fridge .

Don't let anyone tell you, you are now somehow defective and burned out and will never be the same again - such toxic info is out there. Sure, your body has probably been trying to tell you something for some time and we stubborn ambitious people don't care to listen.
If your load has been too heavy for some time, one solution would be to decrease the load, but maybe an even better solution is to increase your ability to carry that load. To do the latter, it helps to take care of your body - exercise, nutrition, etc. - and mind (religion/meditation/relationships with others/sex/sleep/time spent in natural surroundings and also exercise and nutrition) as well as how you think, which has been eloquently described above.

If you are never overwhelmed, you are probably not doing many exciting things and not pushing yourself. You can manage and survive times where you are feeling a bit off and be a stronger person because of overcoming just that.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Last edited:

starttoday123

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 7, 2022
USA
It’s simple but not easy but enjoy who you are, go for a walk when you’re anxious (or any time) and just think wow I’m enjoying this walk and being myself on this walk. Work with your anxiety not against it

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Definitely agree on the point about sleep.
As a high school student, its so bizarre when I see so many people have staying up late scrolling on Instagram as a regular occurrence, and let themselves go to school with less that 7 hours of sleep. I'm not sure about you guys, but I've found that on the days where I wake up from a 5 hour sleep to be some of the worst in terms of being wrapped around negative thoughts. What have your experiences been like?
No I sleep like 5 hours but that’s just because when it’s midnight and I’m working on ads there’s always more to do so why would I stop? Then 2am comes and I’m losing consciousness in my office and crawl up to bed pissed off because I’ve got a workout at 730

I’d probably get more done if I slept 8 hours tbh

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Update Here:

I am by NO MEANS recommending what I'm about to say because I am not an expert on diets, but I feel obligated to share it in case it helps someone else.

I was desperate to make these panic attacks stop happening, so I was willing to go to the extreme.

I had suspicions that my diet may have something to do with it, whether that's a food allergy of some sort I'm not sure.

What I did is cut out EVERYTHING except for meat, water, and salt. Pure carnivore diet.

I'm starstruck by it. Overnight and for the past 2 days I have had 0 panic symptoms AT ALL.

It's such a relief, yesterday was the first time I felt like a normal human being in the gym and while just relaxing for the first time in a year.

For anyone interested, check out this video -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fncJdVjy5U

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Update Here:

I am by NO MEANS recommending what I'm about to say because I am not an expert on diets, but I feel obligated to share it in case it helps someone else.

I was desperate to make these panic attacks stop happening, so I was willing to go to the extreme.

I had suspicions that my diet may have something to do with it, whether that's a food allergy of some sort I'm not sure.

What I did is cut out EVERYTHING except for meat, water, and salt. Pure carnivore diet.

I'm starstruck by it. Overnight and for the past 2 days I have had 0 panic symptoms AT ALL.

It's such a relief, yesterday was the first time I felt like a normal human being in the gym and while just relaxing for the first time in a year.

For anyone interested, check out this video -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fncJdVjy5U
It gets overlooked alot but gut health is inextricably linked to brain health. Carnivore diets tend to improve intestinal permeablility/gut biota measure.
Back when I was total carnivore I felt pretty amazing and energized 100% of the time. I still feel great energy but carbs/snacks have slipped back into my diet since it's been like 6 years and I notice I feel a lot worse the week after I'm exposed to processed food/seed oil/carbs than when I stay on track.
Being in ketosis via carnivore also provides a good chunk of BHB and other ketone bodies in the bloodstream which are also used by the brain.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
It gets overlooked alot but gut health is inextricably linked to brain health. Carnivore diets tend to improve intestinal permeablility/gut biota measure.
Back when I was total carnivore I felt pretty amazing and energized 100% of the time. I still feel great energy but carbs/snacks have slipped back into my diet since it's been like 6 years and I notice I feel a lot worse the week after I'm exposed to processed food/seed oil/carbs than when I stay on track.
Being in ketosis via carnivore also provides a good chunk of BHB and other ketone bodies in the bloodstream which are also used by the brain.
Totally miraculous.

I also had chronic nosebleeds and it made it hard to train Brazilian jiu-jitsu because my nose would always start bleeding. Sometimes I'd be sitting at my desk and it would start bleeding. It STOPPED after going on carnivore.

Its kind of just like.. What the hell!! (in a great way)

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
@mikecarlooch I've been there, and many times. There are numerous techniques, though I found that the only ultimate solution is acceptance. So if my mind tells me that I am dying, I can agree with it, that fine, this is how my life will end, in front of my computer on a cold April afternoon, reading The fast lane forum. Because it will end at some point anyway. I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing meditation to hide from death. So these days if I have a panic attack, I just tell people around me that my stupid mind again thinks that I am going to die.

That said, if you have a high level of stress and not the specific issue of acute panic attacks, sometimes the right decision is to temporarily move to a nice, happy environment. Live in the countryside, stop reading the news for a while, exercise outdoors, do happy things. It also helps to have a toolkit of techniques for reducing personal stress and increasing focus. Lastly, some people have unhealed trauma that might start to come out during meditation; in certain instances you may have to seek professional help. Especially if you know that, for example, you've been abused as a child, you grew up without one or both parents, experienced war, --- if you hesitate to say you'd had a happy childhood or adolescence, --- then your anxiety or panic attacks may have deeper roots. Be patient, as it may be a long and interesting journey.

For a deeper look on the "healing trauma" angle, you can read Rosalie's story by Tara Brach, a meditation teacher and psychotherapist. I couldn't find it on her website currently, but found it elsewhere at The Healing Journey: Rosalie’s Story – Lions Roar , and it's also in her book, "Radical acceptance." I've never met Tara Brach, but my personal experiences have some resemblance to what's discussed there. Another good book is "Rewire your brain for love" by Marsha Lucas; again not about panic attacks, but insightful nevertheless. For a more scientific angle, you can read "When panic attacks" by David Burns. I found it helpful and practical, but not as inspiring as the mindfulness angle.

And if you want something passive, without too much effort, this healing video by Trigram Healing did wonders for me at some point:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsciumUimck

It's not a long-term solution, but for me personally it helped to immediately reduce stress during a particular period. I even tried listening to it twice in a row.

Last, but not least, if you are exploring uncharted territory, then intense fear is normal. Above I am talking about 100% irrational panic attacks, such as when you eat an ice-cream and think that the ice-cream feels too cold so now you'll get C0VlD-19 and die. But if you are doing something intense you had never done in your life, it's fine to be very scared at times. You can look at it as your emotions adjusting to your new experiences.

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Update on this! And if you have anxiety/panic, this information could be a game changer for you as it was for me.

1. I took a food allergy test to see if any foods I was eating may be part of the problem, because when I went carnivore almost all symptoms vanished away.

c3226d0c76b8188a605f7a9a1a64014a.png

Turns out, I am like.. Terribly allergic to Casein, Cows Milk, Sweet Potatos, Chicken, Wheat, Eggs, Turkey, and mildly allergic to a ton of other foods.

And every single day I was eating like 2-3 sweet potatoes, tons of cheese and milk and butter, and chicken.

I slowly have started adding more foods in from just meat, and the foods that work for me currently are - All types of beef/lamb/venison, honey, watermelon, and white rice, so that is currently my diet.

And if you're wondering why no vegetables, I'm not a huge advocate because of the stomach problems I get when I eat them (besides onions, those seem to be ok.. Anything green I tend to have a problem with)

2. I educated myself about what is actually going on during panic attacks

Simply knowing what was going on and that I was OK was a huge factor in helping me get over panic.

Dr Dave Carbonell's blog here - Anxiety Help: Practical, Powerful Solutions for Panic and Anxiety instantly changed my mood and life. I highly recommend.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
Update on this! And if you have anxiety/panic, this information could be a game changer for you as it was for me.

1. I took a food allergy test to see if any foods I was eating may be part of the problem, because when I went carnivore almost all symptoms vanished away.

View attachment 49151

Turns out, I am like.. Terribly allergic to Casein, Cows Milk, Sweet Potatos, Chicken, Wheat, Eggs, Turkey, and mildly allergic to a ton of other foods.

And every single day I was eating like 2-3 sweet potatoes, tons of cheese and milk and butter, and chicken.

I slowly have started adding more foods in from just meat, and the foods that work for me currently are - All types of beef/lamb/venison, honey, watermelon, and white rice, so that is currently my diet.

And if you're wondering why no vegetables, I'm not a huge advocate because of the stomach problems I get when I eat them (besides onions, those seem to be ok.. Anything green I tend to have a problem with)

2. I educated myself about what is actually going on during panic attacks

Simply knowing what was going on and that I was OK was a huge factor in helping me get over panic.

Dr Dave Carbonell's blog here - Anxiety Help: Practical, Powerful Solutions for Panic and Anxiety instantly changed my mood and life. I highly recommend.
What kind of allergy test did you take?
There are a lot of different tests and not all test are equally useful for the problems allergy can cause.
If you notice you do better on a diet of meat, by all means try things out for yourself and see what the results are.
It may be wise though to think about multivitamins, but take a good look at the ingredient list.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.