The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Enneagram Test: What are you?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I enjoy things that help me understand how I am wired and what I can do to improve. This is a good free test: The Enneagram Personality Test

And there is information all over the internet about your type. Here were my results.

Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 11.20.09 AM.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

I don't know how much I believe these tests are accurate to how we actually are, but I do believe that they're extremely accurate to how we see ourselves. I think that level of understanding alone is worth the time to take them (despite the fact that they may not have a great level of empirical backing)

Myers-Briggs I'm INTJ as well.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
I would have considered myself more of an Investigator because of the nature of my profession as an engineer, but I love that this test, or how I've answered it, brought about that my need for adventure/variety/change is greater than my desire for knowledge.

I think it's really interesting because when I compare this test result to the "Ideal Life" I have mapped for myself, I can actually see how I'd subconsciously integrated my top three personality types from this test into my long-term vision.

Thanks for sharing Kak

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
5w6

The Enneagram has a strange and fascinating backstory. Desert fathers and the 7 deadly sins, Suffi mysticism, the occult, some "spiritual seeker" guy who brought it from Afghanistan in the early 20th century, some Chilean doctor in the 60s, Jesuits in Chicago in the 70s, etc. Seriously weird history and no one can exactly pin down its origins. Plus it looks way too much like a pentagram.

But I find it quite helpful. What I like about it rather than other models like Myers-Briggs is that it is not static. It provides pathways for growth. Myers-Briggs (and others) basically say "this is the way you are." The Enneagram says "this is the way you tend to be (both your strengths and your typical weaknesses/sins) AND this is the way you grow."

Like all personality typing systems, it has its limits. But I find it to be much more accurate and practically useful than others.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Myers-Briggs I'm INTJ as well.

I actually forgot mine, but that is an interesting test. I actually am right on the line between introvert and extrovert in testing even though I feel like an introvert. It really depends on the circumstance. If I am around like minded folks like at a summit, most would think I am extroverted. If I am around people I have nothing in common with except the damn room we are both in, I am not chatty.

Me and my introverted real estate mentor can talk for hours easily. Lunch meetings frequently go long.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Interesting stuff. I did my best to answer as honestly as possible and try to filter out my own personal lens and answer on the basis of the actions I take.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Interesting stuff. I did my best to answer as honestly as possible and try to filter out my own personal lens and answer on the basis of the actions I take.
View attachment 31271
LOL I always do that too.. I try to be BRUTALLY honest with myself. A lot of the questions were about security are probably skewed a little in our own minds given current events.

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
Did this a month ago. I guess my weaknesses are Skepticism and perfectionism.
Strengths are apparently Investigator and enthusiam.

Despite having a pretty high challenger score, it seems it still pales in comparison to those on this thread XD.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Where is @Lex DeVille

Last MBTI I took was ENFJ.

@Kak I'd have never pinned you as an INTP, but it looks like your J/P is pretty split so that makes a bit more sense. I type you as ENTJ, though perhaps a rather extroverted INTJ is more correct.

ReeZ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Oct 9, 2016
It's also interesting to combine the Enneagram with MBTI. May give more insights into various differences in your behavior and why you aren't "fitting in" with everything described in the various typings.

While MBTI tests are flawed, the most accurate one I've found is Humanmetrics.com/test
In MBTI communities, the 16personalities-test/website is generally discouraged.

I'm an ENTJ 5w6, tritype 538

Edit;
@Kak I'd have never pinned you as an INTP, but it looks like your J/P is pretty split so that makes a bit more sense. I type you as ENTJ, though perhaps a rather extroverted INTJ is more correct.

For what it's worth, without having been rather active here on the forum. I would agree with your assessment of Kak being an ENTJ.

Generally, NT's are gonna be more (in general) ambiverts than choosing either I/E on the spectrum.

Last edited:

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015

jwhanke

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Mar 26, 2018
Akron, OH
7W6 with Self Preservation type as my top Instincts. Followed by social then One on One.

I like the instincts because they add more depth to the enneagram. The idea is that they aren't entirely balanced and you have an area you prefer. A summary:
  • Self-preservation – responding to perceived threats and needs. Governs our needs for material supplies and security, including food, shelter, warmth and family relations
  • Social – creating social structures within communities. Governs our needs for belonging and membership within the larger group and community
  • One-to-one – primary relationships or coupling. Governs our sexuality, intimate relationships and close friendships, and the vitality of the life force within our bodies
Here are some links below if you are interested:
Instinctual Subtypes

Myers Briggs - ESFP

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
It's also interesting to combine the Enneagram with MBTI. May give more insights into various differences in your behavior and why you aren't "fitting in" with everything described in the various typings.

While MBTI tests are flawed, the most accurate one I've found is Humanmetrics.com/test
In MBTI communities, the 16personalities-test/website is generally discouraged.

I'm an ENTJ 5w6, tritype 538

Edit;

For what it's worth, without having been rather active here on the forum. I would agree with your assessment of Kak being an ENTJ.

Generally, NT's are gonna be more (in general) ambiverts than choosing either I/E on the spectrum.

+1 for humanmetrics! I hadn't considered NTs tending to be ambiverts...seems to hold true in my experience. I appreciate the reply

:)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Yeah see! And @BizyDad thinks I am full introvert. I have gotten it to call me a commander before and I think an architect. Those are the other two LOL.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Yeah see! And @BizyDad thinks I am full introvert. I have gotten it to call me a commander before and I think an architect. Those are the other two LOL.

I'd be willing to bet you are an ENTJ (commander) who is maybe just a little more E than I. The E/I is binary, so doesn't really give a really nuanced reading. I read somewhere that true INTJs (architects) always test INTJ and never anything else. So if you sometimes test INTJ and sometimes something else, you probably aren't an INTJ.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Type 1 reporting in. Although I didn't take that test. The Enneagram has helped me figure out why I do the things I do in life. It has really helped me become a better person and treat others better. I hope you guys are not just taking this test and thinking, "That's cool. I'm a type 7." And that's it. I really encourage you to learn about each type and what they're really like to understand what you really are.

Lex is where I first heard about the Enneagram. So credit to him. I think I did a test and posted on his thread that I was a type 5. For awhile I thought I was a type 5 and didn't find much value in the Enneagram. It just felt like a hipster thing to know about yourself.

Look at me I'm a type 5. I'm the investigator. I have the mind of Bill Gates. I read a lot of books and learn a lot of things. I'm so smart. I just have trouble actually doing!

Boy was I wrong. After I learned more about the 9 types I started to watch myself in my daily life and I realized I wasn't a type 5. I was actually a type 1. The perfectionist, the reformer, the judge.

I read books not because I want to learn but because I want to be perfect. I have trouble executing not because I am a type 5. But because I am a type 1 and deep down I fear making a mistake. Learning these things have been vital to my growth. Now I understand that I need to act more like a type 7 (have some fun, relax, don't be so hard on yourself) and not act like a type 4 (Am I the only one who cares that this painting on the wall is crooked?!).

Type 1's want to change the world and make it perfect in their eyes.

There's so much wisdom in the enneagram I cannot even get into it all and I'm still learning more.

Please don't stop at taking this test. Learn about the enneagram and your eyes will be open.

(My type 1 is showing in this post. But I can't help it I want to change you for the better!)

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'd be willing to bet you are an ENTJ (commander) who is maybe just a little more E than I. The E/I is binary, so doesn't really give a really nuanced reading. I read somewhere that true INTJs (architects) always test INTJ and never anything else. So if you sometimes test INTJ and sometimes something else, you probably aren't an INTJ.

I am sure the 16 personalities test is probably not as accurate as a legitimate paid test. Also a lot of the questions are weird for me to answer. My scores are close enough that it could swing relatively easily.

When we talk about enneagram... 8 defines me very well. Big picture / visionary stuff. But there is another side of me that the forum doesn’t see. Beyond a couple of comments about professionalism I have made.

I am a very big stickler for grammatical details as I have discussed, but I’m worse than that. I edit a LOT of posts to fix little errors I see later. I feel stupid leaving mistakes out there.

Also, I build things with my hands. I remodeled my own home and I do all of my own work on my cars. Literally ALL, this isn’t just spark plugs and oil changes... More like replacing transmissions in my truck and motor mounts on my S class. The only things I hire done are glass and tires. A strange combo with visionary leadership, but it is an escape for me. It is always done right.

So though you guys may see me as a textbook ENTJ for instance. There is a little more to the picture. I don’t know if that changes things personality wise, but it suppose it might.

Last edited:

ReeZ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Oct 9, 2016
I am sure the 16 personalities test is probably not as accurate as a legitimate paid test. Also a lot of the questions are weird for me to answer. My scores are close enough that it could swing relatively easily.

Without trying to derail the thread all too much, the theory behind MBTI goes far deeper, for a more accurate estimation, you (and anyone else) should look into cognitive functions. That's where you'll gain more understanding for yourself and see where you are different from other types, and see how/where they'll be complimentary to you.
Something that MIGHT be of interest to those of you with many employees. Ray Dalio incorporated some personality tests at Bridgewater which is a major part of their recruitment process (and in general there). MBTI played a part in that.

But shortly the XNTJ differences;
An ENTJ is more likely to "get in your face"
An INTJ is more likely to "stab you in the back".

ENTJ typical examples would be Julius Caesar, Napoleon Bonaparte, Frank Underwood, Margaret Thatcher (all likely Type 8's)
INTJ typical examples would be Augustus Caesar, Mark Zuckerberg, Ayn Rand, Bruce Wayne.

Another deep-dive in the Enneagram would entail the wing types and tritypes. All that goes deeper down the rabbit hole :p

The best way I've found for understanding and working with myself has been by combining MBTI and Enneagram while taking consideration of my skills in areas.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Looks like I’m primarily a one and secondary being five. With self-improvement being my biggest trait. :)

kkoasdfawfqwe2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Feb 17, 2017
Europe
I think it hits pretty accurately, but in many ways I feel very ambivalent with how I am as a person.

Take for example "Three", which matches me 91%.

I very much care about my "image" and reputation in the way that, I do not look to make more enemies than friends for no particular reason. But at the same time, I quite often don't give a shit about what people think when I do and take certain actions or speak certain words. It's a weird balance in my mind and I always get stuck thinking about, how I really am.

One hand wants to be admired etc., on the other hand don't care just want to do my thing.
The conclusion I've come to in my mind so far is that the admiration will come from doing your own thing, so will see if that holds true moving forward in life.

Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.51.35.png

Interesting test though, I like how almost everyone here is 98% Eight.

Judging from our small dataset. it could look like an entrepreneurial personality trait.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.51.35.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-19 at 10.51.35.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Individualism is my strongest trait.

LightningHelix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Mar 26, 2015
So do you guys think there is a relationship between those who score high as eights and entrepreneurship?

Everyone who has posted here seems to have 95% or higher as an eight.

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
So do you guys think there is a relationship between those who score high as eights and entrepreneurship?

Everyone who has posted here seems to have 95% or higher as an eight.

Yes, 8s are considered to be "natural" entrepreneurs. Insightful and decisive and able to get stuff done. But that doesn't mean other types can't be successful entrepreneurs. Bill Gates is considered to be a 5, for example.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.