The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Email Outreach? How does one execute this properly?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Crexty

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 2, 2018
Arizona
Im own a local service business. I want to generate leads through B2B Cold Email outreach.

I want to target pretty much any and every company that has an office space.

Would I use something similar to scrapebox and then automate with something like MailCheat(Chimp) or ActiveCampaign?

I'm new to the email marketing game, but I know others who are having success with it in my industry. Figure its time for me to give it a shot.

Can someone please give me a crash course or point me in the right direction?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
So what you are saying is you want harvest email addresses off of websites then spam them pushing your services? Or is it going to be more ethical than that?

Crexty

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 2, 2018
Arizona
So what you are saying is you want harvest email addresses off of websites then spam them pushing your services? Or is it going to be more ethical than that?

If you'd like to put it like that, then sure.

All I would like to do is offer their company a free estimate to have something to hold onto.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Can you say what service you intend offering?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
A lot of business owners have to go through nearly 100 emails a day. If I saw spam, immediate trash bin.

It's like an employer receiving 100 applicants or college recruiter having 100 applications.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Sure, office maintenance services.

Is this printers and the like or building maintenance such as repairing doors, floors, ceiling, fitting new partitions etc.?

I hate unsolicited email. Get's instantly deleted, especially if it is not addressed to me personally.

If it is addressed to me I check out the email address to see where it's come from (I use gmail with a +website in the email address when I sign up for anything so I can trace spam back).

I doubt I am alone in never trusting a company who spam me. So why do you think this form of client acquisition will be a good fit for your company?

-

Crexty

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Feb 2, 2018
Arizona
Is this printers and the like or building maintenance such as repairing doors, floors, ceiling, fitting new partitions etc.?

I hate unsolicited email. Get's instantly deleted, especially if it is not addressed to me personally.

If it is addressed to me I check out the email address to see where it's come from (I use gmail with a +website in the email address when I sign up for anything so I can trace spam back).

I doubt I am alone in never trusting a company who spam me. So why do you think this form of client acquisition will be a good fit for your company?

-

At the end of the day, I will not be the first or last person to send out an unsolicited email, phone call or in person visit.

I assure you're also not the first or last person who will immediately delete unsolicited emails.

Either way, people are going to continue to do it. Regardless wether we like it or not. Theres no gimmicks with what i'm offering, there is no catch or bait & switch to pull them in.

I simply would like to contact as many business owners / executives as possible and say:

"Hey, I'm Crexty. Here's what I do. I would like to give you a free estimate to hold onto in case anything changes. Let me know how that sounds, have a great day".

I would actually target more if I could, but pretty much any office already uses my services and there is a pretty high turnover rate in my industry.

Is it unethical? Maybe. Has it worked in the past for others? Absolutely. Will reaching out to people and offering them things work in the future? Most definitely.

Ultimately, I'm in business to make money. Not to be "ethical". After all, the highest paid sales people interrupt people's lives every day.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Is it unethical? Maybe. Has it worked in the past for others? Absolutely. Will reaching out to people and offering them things work in the future? Most definitely.

I just see it as a trust issue that could cast your company in a bad light but you know your business way better than me.

How do you get your leads at the moment?

-

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I don't know if it could help you, but I found this last week: Cold emailing execution template

I posted it here looking for feedback from people that tried cold mailing, but there's a lot of activity on the forum lately so it probably got buried. Perhaps it could inspire you.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I don't know if it could help you, but I found this last week: Cold emailing execution template

I posted it here looking for feedback from people that tried cold mailing, but there's a lot of activity on the forum lately so it probably got buried. Perhaps it could inspire you.

It could be that it is just not a good fit for this community. It is probably why this thread hasn't got much traction either.

@Crexty you are probably better off posting your questions on forums where people are more open to unsolicited email. warriorforum.com blackhatworld.com etc.

-

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Have you tried LinkedIn? I’ve a friend who sends *short* personalised connection requests and who only responds to people who reply.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.