• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Email Outreach? How does one execute this properly?

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Crexty, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Crexty

Crexty Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $562
    Im own a local service business. I want to generate leads through B2B Cold Email outreach.

I want to target pretty much any and every company that has an office space.

Would I use something similar to scrapebox and then automate with something like Mailchimp or ActiveCampaign?

I'm new to the email marketing game, but I know others who are having success with it in my industry. Figure its time for me to give it a shot.

Can someone please give me a crash course or point me in the right direction?

2. RazorCut

RazorCut Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,224
    So what you are saying is you want harvest email addresses off of websites then spam them pushing your services? Or is it going to be more ethical than that?

3. Crexty

Crexty Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $562
    If you'd like to put it like that, then sure.

All I would like to do is offer their company a free estimate to have something to hold onto.

4. RazorCut

RazorCut Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,224
    Can you say what service you intend offering?

5. Crexty

Crexty Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $562
    Sure, office maintenance services.

6. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,018
    A lot of business owners have to go through nearly 100 emails a day. If I saw spam, immediate trash bin.

It's like an employer receiving 100 applicants or college recruiter having 100 applications.

7. RazorCut

Rep Bank:
    $15,224
    Is this printers and the like or building maintenance such as repairing doors, floors, ceiling, fitting new partitions etc.?

I hate unsolicited email. Get's instantly deleted, especially if it is not addressed to me personally.

If it is addressed to me I check out the email address to see where it's come from (I use gmail with a +website in the email address when I sign up for anything so I can trace spam back).

I doubt I am alone in never trusting a company who spam me. So why do you think this form of client acquisition will be a good fit for your company?

-

8. Crexty

Crexty Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $562

At the end of the day, I will not be the first or last person to send out an unsolicited email, phone call or in person visit.

I assure you're also not the first or last person who will immediately delete unsolicited emails.

Either way, people are going to continue to do it. Regardless wether we like it or not. Theres no gimmicks with what i'm offering, there is no catch or bait & switch to pull them in.

I simply would like to contact as many business owners / executives as possible and say:

"Hey, I'm Crexty. Here's what I do. I would like to give you a free estimate to hold onto in case anything changes. Let me know how that sounds, have a great day".

I would actually target more if I could, but pretty much any office already uses my services and there is a pretty high turnover rate in my industry.

Is it unethical? Maybe. Has it worked in the past for others? Absolutely. Will reaching out to people and offering them things work in the future? Most definitely.

Ultimately, I'm in business to make money. Not to be "ethical". After all, the highest paid sales people interrupt people's lives every day.

9. The Abundant Man

The Abundant Man Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,018
    I don't care what you do or who you are. How will you help me? I'm a selfish customer. What's in it for me?

10. RazorCut

Rep Bank:
    $15,224
    I just see it as a trust issue that could cast your company in a bad light but you know your business way better than me.

How do you get your leads at the moment?

-

11. Jeff Noel

Jeff Noel Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,536
    I don't know if it could help you, but I found this last week: Cold emailing execution template

I posted it here looking for feedback from people that tried cold mailing, but there's a lot of activity on the forum lately so it probably got buried. Perhaps it could inspire you.

12. Crexty

Crexty Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $562
    Cold Calling, Adwords, SEO, Yelp

13. RazorCut

Rep Bank:
    $15,224
    It could be that it is just not a good fit for this community. It is probably why this thread hasn't got much traction either.

@Crexty you are probably better off posting your questions on forums where people are more open to unsolicited email. warriorforum.com blackhatworld.com etc.

-

14. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $164,465
    Have you tried LinkedIn? I’ve a friend who sends *short* personalised connection requests and who only responds to people who reply.

RazorCut likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.