The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

E-Sports Supplements

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
From what I understand in this thread, you're more targetting the gamers than the e-sport competitors, right ?
E-sport competitors most like are sleeping well, considering most of them have tight schedules managed by their team, coach or fitness coaches. They're also eating well, otherwise they would not be able to perform at the professionnal level.

E-sport players tend to be athletes already. A german study showed that the physical activity of an e-sport athlete is highly similar to professionnal racing pilots.

You might be interested by this article: Science shows that eSports professionals are real athletes | DW | 12.03.2016

I'm really interested by your product, so feel free to contact me. I was an enthusiast gamer who ranked decently in many FPS games back in the days and I've been gaming constantly, intensively, until really recently. I was not an e-sport athlete, but I was close to that.

I'd be more than happy if you have anything I can help you with.

If you target streamers, the powder would definitely be the best solution here. Why? The packaging could be seen in the stream. Pills leave a bad impression to viewers, while powder makes it look just like a shake. The majority of full-time streamers leave their bottle on their desk while playing, to be able to stay hydrated through 8-12 hours shifts. Just my $0.02 !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
I’ve heard that Modafinil is pretty effective.

I take it almost every day. Haha. Probably too much. But yeah it works although I don't recommend the business in this case because it's illegal in most countries so you'd have to set up a complicated distribution system across continents and some proxy servers and then there's the question of advertising too. I found my supplier on reddit and only because I was looking and then only because somebody covertly recommended him.

E-sport players tend to be athletes already. A german study showed that the physical activity of an e-sport athlete is highly similar to professionnal racing pilots.

You might be interested by this article: Science shows that eSports professionals are real athletes | DW | 12.03.2016

Lol I'm definitely not ready to start calling them athletes. I've played Call of Duty and Counter Strike and I've played rugby and basketball. Not the same at all.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Most people drive everyday. They're not athletes. Yet Rallye drivers are athletes.
In my opinion, same goes for pro bowling players, dart players or e-sport players.

I personnally used to disagree about golf as a sport and even laugh about it. Then I read about the techniques involved in this sport and I now consider the pro players as real athletes. Not everyone could play like they do. yet it's far from football or rugby.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
From what I understand in this thread, you're more targetting the gamers than the e-sport competitors, right ?
E-sport competitors most like are sleeping well, considering most of them have tight schedules managed by their team, coach or fitness coaches. They're also eating well, otherwise they would not be able to perform at the professionnal level.

I'm really interested by your product, so feel free to contact me. I was an enthusiast gamer who ranked decently in many FPS games back in the days and I've been gaming constantly, intensively, until really recently. I was not an e-sport athlete, but I was close to that.

I'd be more than happy if you have anything I can help you with.

If you target streamers, the powder would definitely be the best solution here. Why? The packaging could be seen in the stream. Pills leave a bad impression to viewers, while powder makes it look just like a shake. The majority of full-time streamers leave their bottle on their desk while playing, to be able to stay hydrated through 8-12 hours shifts. Just my $0.02 !

Thanks for the input. And yeah I am targeting gamers/streamers, esports players will come if it sticks down the line. And thanks for offering to help out as well.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
I’ve heard that Modafinil is pretty effective.

Yeah I have heard this as well, but I'm going for more herbal and less lab created.
Since when do you need to increase extraneous cognitive recall while pulling an all nighter to play video games? I dropped out of school....

Anyway, the best and probably only viable health solution to sleep deprivation is actual sleep. Are you planning on selling melatonin? What does this supplement of yours actually do? It seems like you're just repackaging an existing product to sell it to a niche industry. If that's the case, then just buy some in bulk and repackage it and throw up a sales page targeted to your market.

Or dont order it and just throw up the sales page for preorders or something and gauge your demand. I'm curious about what this supplement is if it's as good as you make it sound, pm me when I can buy some.​

And will PM you when you can. I completely agree with the sleep part, this also has helped me regulate my sleep.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Hi All,

I have been making some progress on this project but wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on bottle types. These will be capsules filled with a a powdered herb around 800mg each. I am thinking a dose of 800-1600 mg per day. I have personally taken up to 1900 mg per day of the same herb and it works.

I want to know what types of bottles are most appealing, glass/plastic black/white? and what sort of top? a flip top or screw top.

I know that for me there is something satisfying about flipping up a top cap and hearing that "pop' noise

Working on a logo as well, have done some trial runs on producing capsules and currently testing them out for myself.

Additionally if there is anything else I should take into consideration it would be really helpful!

Hopefully I can have a MVP on the market by next month.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
I want to know what types of bottles are most appealing, glass/plastic black/white? and what sort of top? a flip top or screw top.

I would say either white (mental clarity) or a transparent plastic bottle. I don’t think the top matters that much. Screw tops would probably look better in a mock-up.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
Just get something that is a good quality but doesn't cost too much. The aesthetic of bottle is really not that important but you don't want to look cheap.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Here are a few logo designs I have been working on, I am going with a Clear or white ..maybe amber bottle with semi foil label.

These are not the final version but which direction do you guys prefer and why.

Colors can change as well. I blurred out the name of the product for now.

Remember this is a natural supplement targeted towards Gamers/e-sports

BLURRED.JPG

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
To be quite frank, I’m not seeing the connection with natural. Nor with supplements. It’s also a bit difficult to judge without the full mock-up.

I’m hoping other members share their view too.

Liette F.

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 28, 2019
Hi All,

I have been making some progress on this project but wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions on bottle types. These will be capsules filled with a a powdered herb around 800mg each. I am thinking a dose of 800-1600 mg per day. I have personally taken up to 1900 mg per day of the same herb and it works.

I know that for me there is something satisfying about flipping up a top cap and hearing that "pop' noise

Working on a logo as well, have done some trial runs on producing capsules and currently testing them out for myself.

Additionally if there is anything else I should take into consideration it would be really helpful!

Hopefully I can have a MVP on the market by next month.

Hey, I sell packaging to hundreds of sports supplement companies like BPI, HiTech, etc. I can give you some packaging options and let you know what will be the best look at the best price. Message me and I'll get you my contact info so I can help you further

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
To be quite frank, I’m not seeing the connection with natural. Nor with supplements. It’s also a bit difficult to judge without the full mock-up.

I’m hoping other members share their view too.

I guess if I showed the name it would make more sense. Basically the company name is something like "Magic Pool" something you would find in an RPG or MOBA type game. To be more encompassing The left is a simple design with some blue electricity coming off of it and the right is a wave or water around a sun or orb, Including the words would have given much more insight into it.

Shreyas Nampalli

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Jan 3, 2017
NJ
Hi All,

I have made some progress on my product and need some help with label printing for the supplement bottle.

I want to have a foil label and wanted to know a good reliable high quality company that can provide labels like this. The design is a gradient as well.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE